Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the most annoying ads on TV?!...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Your 100% Total shaving solution, if your not happy with it I'LL give you YOUR money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Nuttzz wrote:
    attack that attic with a stira!!! (or how ever you spell it)

lol thats one way to get rid of rats or bats in the attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Slunk wrote:
    Bounty ads with the blokes dressed as old women.
    ringtone and insurance ads
    Co-op ads with the stupid songs.

Oh, yes! Them Bounty ads are awful. Its bout time they disappeared. And any ringtone ads, How many times do they need to play them during an ad break?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

How has nobody mentioned the awful one for Vanish(i think)where some demented bird jumps a woman in a shopping centre,takes her cardigan,stains it,and then washes it? The woman is at first angry,but by the end of the ad is amazed at the results of the stuff. She doesnt seem to care that she is now needlessly going to have to carry around a soaking wet cardigan all day.

Maybe its just me,but the woman from the washing company seems to be getting some sort of sexual buzz out of it all,such is the look on her face. Reminds me of that crazy bitch in Goldeneye who would be cummin as she would kill people.

The Bounty ad(or is it Charmaine)with the two sisters debating the merits of rival brands. ****ing awful

I saw some ad,cant recall what for,a furniture company i think,where two lads are watching tv on deck chairs or something and then get some proper furniture. I cant precisely recall what stinks about the ad,i was drunk when i saw it,but i recall a smell of cheese eminating from the tv set.

Have yet to see this Lisa Simpson one,but channels that get an impressionist to do a simpsons voice on a tv ad promo nearly always **** up.
    However, if they need it, Im currently unemployed and do a renowned absoloutely flawless impression of Apu and Rainier Wolfcastle,as well as a decent enough one of Drederick Tatum and Groundskeeper Willie
    Completely off topic,but when you see the simpsons voice actors on a tv show in the flesh,is it just me or do the voice impressions they do(especially Homer and Barts voiceovers)sound not as flawless as they do in the show?
    Though the lad who voices Mr Burns and a pile of others(Moe and Krusty too i think)is flawless

Anyway Im gone off topic

BTW that bank one doesnt terribly annoy me-ching ching train tracks girl is ****in fine lookin :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Gopher wrote:
    Completely off topic,but when you see the simpsons voice actors on a tv show in the flesh,is it just me or do the voice impressions they do(especially Homer and Barts voiceovers)sound not as flawless as they do in the show?

IMO, that's because the actors are ad-libbing it for a change instead of reading a (hopefully) hilarious/interesting script and as a result it just doesn't come off 'quite' right..

For example everytime Dan Castellaneta is asked to do Homer during an interview it invariably boils down to him voicing something along on the lines of 'Mmmmm, do I smell donuts? I do smell donuts! Mmmmmm ..... donuts. I found a donut. Munch, munch. I like eating donuts. mmmm . Oh no I've eaten all the donuts. Now I don't have any donuts .... D'OH' etc etc :rolleyes: i.e. It's undeniably Homers voice but its just not HOMER (if that makes any sense) because there's no context to it.

Same with the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Anybody seen those 3G ads - strange ones??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭unme

The Singing Coca Cola Woman!!!!

Yes indeed. The singing Coca-Cola woman ad is up there with the worst. I assume it takes hours if not days or weeks to create these ads from concept to finish - certainly enough time for someone to ask "Isn't this a bit silly?"

I don't know about you, but if some nitbrain handed me an open bottle of something from her handbag as she goes singing down the street, I wouldn't even think of drinking it (at least not without first having it tested in a crime lab).

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

The Singing Coca Cola Woman!!!!

Who in their right mind is going to take a soft drink from a complete stranger? And it's been opened no less!

The worst has to be those ads that tell you to cook your food properly...... Do they think we're total arse holes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I agree with all those suggestions and my personal hate is the Re-cycling one, absolute ****e. Yer man is a gardener who's from the North who has becaome "famous" in Britain (same thing really, The North and Britain, oh dont get me started) and shes "an actress" from the North, you'd see her on the worst (which is also the best) that Northern Ireland TV can produce (no offense). You may remember her from the "FRED WE'VE NO BREAD" adds for Spar (I think) years ago.
    Two bullets would solve the problem and sure we could re-cycle the bullets.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Those "Free Free Free Free Free Free" ads drive me mad...don't even know what they're for(that'l show ya how effective they are)

Also that ad offering student BOI student loans. If only it was as easy as jus walkin in & sayin u want a loan, no questions asked :rolleyes: And as if the member of staff is going to be as friendly as that nice guy sittin in the chair, you just know that sum aul cow is gonna give u a spanish inquisition before refusing you the loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bill Shatner and ****ing AllBran.

do my blooding head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Makaveli wrote:
    Every single ring tone one.
    Every single insurance one.
    Argos ads.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

The one for the Conservatory blinds they show on E4 and Sky dirves me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Any ringtone ad, nothing else comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Bratz ads are getting sickening, hate those UTV free free ads also

What about that ad when the bloke goes into the sandwich bar, orders a ham & chees sandwich and puts down his own bread...What hogswash.. I've never been in a sandwich bar where they're that helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Emm thers one that goes "I can do it too, with kandoo!" or something like that and it does my head in!

i hate that one too. I hate even more that stupid Febreeze dog, i want to blow his head off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

Trigger! wrote:
    Emm thers one that goes "I can do it too, with kandoo!" or something like that and it does my head in!
    What's wrong with a frog teaching children to wipe their asses? Especially when you're trying to eat your dinner.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

TmB wrote:
    "Train tracks are ching ching, bit of cash, know what I mean?"

Jesus, does anyone really talk like that?

I want to have sex with that girl until my penis falls off.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

fletch wrote:
    Also that ad offering student BOI student loans. If only it was as easy as jus walkin in & sayin u want a loan, no questions asked :rolleyes: And as if the member of staff is going to be as friendly as that nice guy sittin in the chair, you just know that sum aul cow is gonna give u a spanish inquisition before refusing you the loan
    ...because when you start making it we do too

in other words we want to get our claws into you early so you're our bitch for life - SLAP! "who's your daddy?" SLAP!

Also those ads for Knorr instant soup - annoying but I enjoy them on a masochistic level. You know the one where those corporate office workers being honest about themselves to camera; "my only talent is sucking up" etc as though they've been given some sort of truth drug? Actually very realistic as in my experience of working in a corporate environment they were exactly the sort of people who thrived and multiplied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Nowt wrong with the gist of the ad!.....just the way they did it!head wrecking!

Also, heres one i saw last night, that bloody halifax ad were he thinks he's on the titanic!....bit annoying that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

the ad for the sun awning really gets my goat WTF has the ex chief constable of the manchester police got to do with poxy electric shade
    "so easy even the dog can do it" FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

'Text SEXY to 57777 and get a sexy poem to spice up your text life

Fiiiivvee double-seven double-seven. Bleeeeeep'

This is just the bottom of the pit for advertisements and anyone involved with the concept, production, broadcast, purchase or use of this should be ritually disemboweled, in public.

Ah, I feel better now.

Second to that would have to be the RTE2 Simpsons ad. I thought 'Lisa' sounded a bit like a skanger, or as if they were trying to make her Irish. Though I've only seen it once and wasn't really paying attention as I was trying to figure out how RTE2 could possibly get any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I don't think anyone has mentioned them yet but what about those terrible TV licence ads. I don't know if they're meant to be tongue in cheek but i hope so.
    "Daddy's going to court."
    then the mother (i presume) gives him the dirtiest look ever and takes his dinner away from him.
    The other ones are just as bad. every girl loses her interest in a guy if she finds out he's a TV Sponger!
    And then there's those w**nkers in the boardroom. "What a loser." :mad:
    I really wouldn't be too worried about what they thought of me.
    Do these ads really persuade people to get a licence? methinks not.

i dont think ive seen a tv licence ad in a while (luckily) i hate the one with the girl and guy on the couch and she gets up and leaves him when he tells her hes been to court for not having a tv licence. The boardroom one was desperate. Ive heard that theres another one but i havent seen it. I hate them so much grr!!!!

Like anyone cares if uve got a tv licence or not!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

ok what about the adds ye like.. I remember an add for some car. and this sweet little girl is sitting in the back of a woman car as she is picking up her kids from school.. she politely tells the sweet child that her mommy is over there.. the sweet child look at her and in a very menicing voice says "SHOUT UP AND DRIVE" I love that add.
    the add i hate the most is the giggley teenagers texting each other and one walks out in front of a car and gets killed. I know is a good point but I am sorry I always turn over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Why watch ads when you have a mute button and teletext facility?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Knorr Quick Soup ads...gawd!!

Advertisement