Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tom, why don't you just leave it bare? It'll look ugly enough if you don't polish it, and at least you'll have saved the weight of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Lumen wrote: »
    at least you'll have saved the weight of paint.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Haha I like the way its been stripped half way through the handmade print.
    Also be careful with the nitromores its strong stuff! Like serious stuff, I got splashes off the paint brush on my arm and it went all red and started to burn very quickly. So cover your skin and eyes especially, imagine what that would do to your bare eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

dscf0086kp8.jpg
    dscf0087xw6.jpg
    dscf0088rl9.jpg
    dscf0099qa8.jpg
    dscf0098fj1.jpg
    The Orbea has to be one of my personal favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Will post a picture of my new baby tomorrow hopefully. :)

• Advertisement

As promised.
    Brand new Giant Brass2 09.
    Took it for the first spin last night, nothing major, just Tallaght-Terenure, then had rugby training for an hour and a half, and back. haha

PA250043.jpg

PA250042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

CianRyan wrote: »
    As promised.
    Took it for the first spin last night, nothing major, just Tallaght-Terenure, then had rugby training for an hour and a half, and back. haha

Looks great. Make sure you've a lock for it!

72hundred wrote: »
    Looks great. Make sure you've a lock for it!

Got a big hefty lock for it, wouldnt dream of leaving it with a small lock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Here's a pic of my beloved Trek - going strong for 6 years now. This isn't a staged photo, I hit a root quite fast and went over the front - first time in spd's so I wasn't the quickest clipping out and the bike ended up against the tree :D:D
    DSC00100.JPG

I am loving that Brass, very sexy indeed, havent seen one of those before.
    Weird dérailleurs both back and front, I also like the way the seatpost seems to stick up through the top tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

CianRyan wrote: »
    As promised.

PA250043.jpg

PA250042.jpg

Fantastic looking bike.

I dont know if this counts as being vein, but the only way i can descibe the front angle picture, is...

EPIC!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

My new Cult Insomnia :)

XT front derailleur
    LX rear derailleur
    LX rapidfire plus shifters
    Rock shox tora 302 front suspension
    XFusion O2 RC rear suspension
    Easton EA50 handlebar
    Formula Oro K18 breaks
    Fizik nisene saddle
    Ritchey seat post and stem
    Quando tx hubs
    Mach1 mx disk rims with maxxis ignitor tires

P1010039.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    P1010043.JPG
    P1010044.JPG
    P1010045.JPG

Looks lovely, how is it to cycle?

Hi there, I just came across this topic and I had to take out the camera and take a few crappy photos of my 2 (relatively new) bikes! Please excuse how bad the photos are but I literally took them as they were (and yes, I do keep my bikes in my room!) I friggin' love my bikes and lookin' after them! :D

MTB: 2009 Giant XTC 3 (Upgrades: Just DMR V8 pedals so far, and Specialized bottle cage) I just think a set of white Fox forks would finish this baby off nicely for the moment!!! ;)

Road Bike: 2008 Trek 1.5 (Upgrades: Vittoria Tyres, Clipless Pedals, Carbon Bottle Cages, Wireless Computer) Maybe a white saddle & tapes would be nice!!! :)

P.S. Anyone interested in the Carbon Fibre bottle cages, I got the pair on eBay for €20. See http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/bikebicycle99_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ for loads of styles for real cheap! NICE!!! :)

Any opinions would be great thanks!
    dscf0393yk8.jpgdscf0392mx8.jpg
    dscf0396ad5.jpgdscf0397wy9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice bikes, go well together colour-wise :D

I just picked up a nice 2002 Giant TCR Gold today! When i saw the price of €20, I just had to go for it. It has a fully working drivetrain, rotating wheels/handlebars and removable tyres...nice! :D I'm not sure if I got the right size though, being a scale of 1/8, its about a 7cm frame! Anyway, I'll get over that because the handling is just unreal, nice and responsive!! ;)

See http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/my_bianchi/giant%20tcr.htm for more pictures of the real bike. There were only 35 of them ever made and they cost €9000 each! Thats 1/8th of the size for 1/450th of the price...good value really! :)

Let me know what you think! Thanks

dscf0409iz5.jpg

dscf0411vm4.th.jpgdscf0410zk8.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I just picked up a nice 2002 Giant TCR Gold today! When i saw the price of €20, I just had to go for it.
    ... I can try it if you want ... I am sure if I raise the saddle a bit it'll fit me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Just bought the roady 2 days ago 2nd hand in Cycleways. Delighted with it. Would rather do tri's a& duathlons on this, rather than the mtb thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

After seeing other boardsies sharing their lovlies with the web said I'd follow suit to be fair.

I think I've probably ticked off a pretty good chunk of the bike related rules (9,17,18,22, 32 - oh Jesus it goes on....)
    dsc00196ck4.jpg

My joy. Hard, hard saved for (the scrounging to get this was incredible) but after all it was worth it. Built to spec and just a pleasure to ride. My only complaint is having a day job that stops me being on it all the time! Hopefully I'll get some proper racing in this yr to really test it & myself out.
    dsc00192zo4.jpg

My commute/training ride (I know, a bit excessive but it was on sale and I got a trade in and the price was really good and I couldn't say no....I was weak....but really happy :D)
    dsc00200bl6.jpg

This is my MTB, (well what it looks like when not coated in a thick brown mess of mud) - God I love that lock-out fork...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm loving that Dolan.

Raam wrote: »
    I'm loving that Dolan.

Cheers :D

I hadn't intended on going for another bike this yr but - *puts on gravelly italian american accent* - they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, see.

It's possibly better suited to the sportive end of things than the Giant. It's a bit more upright and running compact drive so it'll go up the north face. If it's good enough for O'Loughlin it's good enough for me.

I can't fault it - I'd recommend it to anyone - I think Dolan might be doing a price drop on them in the new yr so could be worth keeping an eye out.

I love the TCR tho - it's a bit of a weapon - just really fast & direct with the power. Stick on a pair of Ksyrium SLs and it goes like stink.

Hi, I know this is a bit off topic (well it is actually a beautiful picture), but I just thought I'd let ye guys know of how cheap this carbon accesory set-up really is.

Pair of carbon fibre bottle cages (€20 for the pair), see the excellent value seller at http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/bikebicycle99?_nkw=carbon&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270&_odkw=&_osacat=0

Carbon fibre Topeak pump for €25-€30 (eBay/CRC), see from geargurl at eBay, one of the best sellers around, see http://cgi.ebay.com/Topeak-Micro-Rocket-CB-Master-Blaster-Carbon-Bike-Pump_W0QQitemZ220302208311QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220302208311&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

The bottle cages weigh only 25grams each and the pump a miniture 55grams (pumps to 80/90PSI!!)

carbonsetupgb1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

CheGuedara wrote: »

It's possibly better suited to the sportive end of things than the Giant. It's a bit more upright and running compact drive so it'll go up the north face. If it's good enough for O'Loughlin it's good enough for me.

I can't fault it - I'd recommend it to anyone - I think Dolan might be doing a price drop on them in the new yr so could be worth keeping an eye out.
    Love the look of the Dolan Hercules. Picking up one at the w/e. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I hadn't intended on going for another bike this yr but - *puts on gravelly italian american accent* - they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, see.

Where did you get it?

Will you let me know how u get on price wise!

Raam wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

I picked it up in An Siopa Rothar in Limerick. There was an offer on for a while where Dolan knocked a cool K off the price. Was too good to pass up. Dont know if they have any left but if you get on to the owner John you never know, he might jus be able to sort something.
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Love the look of the Dolan Hercules. Picking up one at the w/e. Can't wait.

ROK ON - you're gonna love this bike man, it glides along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

ROK ON - you're gonna love this bike man, it glides along

Gliding my be a little difficult with my large frame. Anyway, now that I have all my Assos gear and a new bike on the way, all I need to do is learn how to cycle properly.:) complete FREDDOM here i come.

• Advertisement

ROK ON wrote: »
    Gliding my be a little difficult with my large frame. Anyway, now that I have all my Assos gear and a new bike on the way, all I need to do is learn how to cycle properly.:) complete FREDDOM here i come.

Ah nah - gliding in no time. 'First you get the bike, then you get the miles, then you get the speed'. :D

Advertisement