Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Verb wrote: »
    Very flash! The aul chain tension looks a wee bit low.

The half wrapped handlebars remind me of a boob tube....

I had just changed the tyres and noticed it when I took the photo. All's fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Here is my baby-Giant crs zero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

my new Ibis Mojo SL carbon all mountian bike!

img0889pw1jn4.jpg
    w800.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

sweet looking machine. Can I ask the RRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

uberwolf wrote: »
    sweet looking machine. Can I ask the RRP?

got the frame from New York and put my own parts on!

1,600 euro for the frame (2,500 in the UK) so I guess I got a good deal ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My Trek 8500 bonded aluminium Hard Tail from circa 1996 - She's still alive and kicking! Was soon to be retired - but changing job status has postponed finishing building my full carbon hardtail....
    2920734007_b8ff246cda_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    JPEG_1093.JPG
    noyce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

the new bike... been meaning to put it up here for a while.

it's a cannondale capo, but i've taken the sugino cranks, the wheels (openpro & systemEx), the bars, stem, saddle and brake from my last build. basically i've changed everthing but the frame, fork and seatpost (and that naff carbon wrap has to go soon) so i think it might qualify for the "anything but a factory jobbie" thread. can i get a ruling on that please?

it's a great bike to ride and a noticeable step up from the oul langster (r.i.p.), but i'm not crazy about the paint job (bit too conspicuous for locking up) so this photo is sort of a before picture - before urban camouflage that is. gotta be done...

attachment.php?attachmentid=64727&d=1223818500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

niceonetom wrote: »
    so i think it might qualify for the "anything but a factory jobbie" thread. can i get a ruling on that please?

deffo;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

That's a really nice one, Tom! Really great looking setup, very clean and tidy. What are you gonna do to camouflage it?

• Advertisement

fish-head wrote: »
    That's a really nice one, Tom! Really great looking setup, very clean and tidy. What are you gonna do to camouflage it?

thanks, the smooth welds and lack of cable stops are one of the things that really attracted me to the frame. as for camo, well it depends how drastic i'm prepared to go. maybe matt black? i did see high-viz orange spray paint in atlantic though, and going mental with that does have a certain appeal too... conspicuous yes, but probably not quite as attractive to thieves as the stock paint. i'm open to suggestions. ?

How about some tactical Duct Tape? It's such a nice paintjob it'd be a shame to do the whole thing.

yeah, i'm a bit (very) hesitant to get the rattlecans out but i think it has to be an irreversible process to be of any deterrent value. :( still, it's an avenue through which i can express my individuality. and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

yeah, i'm a bit (very) hesitant to get the rattlecans out but i think it has to be an irreversible process to be of any deterrent value. :( still, it's an avenue through which i can express my individuality. and all that.

I once covered a bike with DPC tape. Its like electrical tape but 100mm wide. Used a hair drier to help do some awkward bits. Turned out pretty well and looks terrible with scuffs and stickers. Then when you want to show off your steed in all its glory you can peel off the tape...and spend ages getting the adheisive off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

'68 wrote:
    I once covered a bike with DPC tape. Its like electrical tape but 100mm wide. Used a hair drier to help do some awkward bits. Turned out pretty well and looks terrible with scuffs and stickers. Then when you want to show off your steed in all its glory you can peel off the tape...and spend ages getting the adheisive off.

Little bit o white spirits on a rag will take off adhesive remnants no bother !

I've used WD40 in the past. Works a treat but I'd say the white spirits is alot cheaper. Nice one!

Verb wrote: »
    Little bit o white spirits on a rag will take off adhesive remnants no bother !
    '68 wrote:
    I've used WD40 in the past. Works a treat but I'd say the white spirits is alot cheaper. Nice one!

see? reversible. no good to me. rattlecans it is so... :pac:

Rattlecanning that bike will make me cry.

see? reversible. no good to me. rattlecans it is so... :pac:

Yeah its reversible but its not an easy job and while the tape is on the bike it looks like sh!te. no one will look twice.
    If you spray that frame I think baby jesus will cry:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Vinyl wrap? Used a lot on cars, won't destroy the paint.

Matt black would be stealthy.

• Advertisement

ah lads, don't make this any harder for me than it already is :(

i know that both fish-head and the infant messiah will be in floods but i just can't take it any more. every time i lock it up somewhere and walk away from it, i steal a glance over my shoulder and it just looks so, well, so red. and so shiny. and thievable. and i'm cracking under the stress...

i think tape just says to a thief "this bike is a bit too good to be locked up around here. and it's too expensive to paint too." bike thieves may be subhuman scumbags who should be publicly eviscerated, but they're not that thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Wrap the frame in old inner tubes - it'll look like s***. Plus, it'll be a lot easier than electrical tape when you wanna show it off in all it's glory.

Although... anytime I see a messengers bike wrapped in old tubes I know there's gotta be a nice frame under there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chroma

img3467td7.th.jpg

Tricross 08 stock bar the wheels, changed them for fulcrum racing 5 evo's and 23 ultra gatoskins.

That's somewhere along the road to Glencree.

start crying. there's no going back now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64974&d=1224180251

just look at those welds.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64975&d=1224180265

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Oh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

el tonto wrote: »
    Oh man.
    Ah come on ... it's like a woman with no make up, natural and beautiful ... don't be so shallow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

start crying. there's no going back now.

Thats blody good stuff. Horrible to see the shoddy work underneath though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Ah come on ... it's like a woman with no make up, natural and beautiful ... don't be so shallow.:D

Exactly like a woman with no make up -not quite as pretty as one with :p

oh god, I can't believe I said that...

Tom.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Don't worry Tom, i think it's looks fab :pac:

Advertisement