Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The stupidest thing you've ever heard someone say

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My friend saying "I love fucking dogs".

When he was supposed to say "I love dogs". Or so he says anyway! :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

"how did noah get all the fish in his ark .? ..must have had some sort of aqua-centre i guess"

jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭beatsie

what a class thread

anyway here are some choice cuts uttered by an unnamed friend of mine:

1.Went into a McDonalds , wanted a burger with nothing on it and said.
    "Can i have a naked burger please" then asked a second time

2.He asked for a "single return" ticket at a train station!

3.Once referred a pitchfork as a forkstick!!!

and many many many more i cant recall at the moment.

Oh, and heres one by me :D

Got slightly confused in a shop and said to my gf that i wanted some "vietnamese whirls" (should be viennese whirls).

And just to get the obligatory stupid american bit in.

A mate of mine while in the US on a J1 convinced americans that steam powered trains were new over here, that his family lived in a trench because of the troubles and that leprechauns were a plague on the island and he had to clean them off his garden every morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

My old Geog teacher once spent an entire class arguing that the Mississipi wasn't the biggest river in the world. (we were talking about girth, not length). lol.

maybe i'm reading this wrong, but isn't the amazon the worlds widest river? :confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by beatsie
    :D

One of my friends said the exact same thing on a bus one time, we got some laugh out of it.

And one other time my cousin went in to the local chipper, and he asked the guy behind the counter for a breast of chicken with no bra. I was nearly on the floor with laughter! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

A guy i know asked for "A vegetable chicken curry" at the chinese. hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

Not so much heard but saw..... a girl who went to college with me tried to hail down a dart as it approached the platform (boggers!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Don't know if it's been said already but..

"Solutions are not the answer" - G.W Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by SheroN
    maybe i'm reading this wrong, but isn't the amazon the worlds widest river? :confused:

Dammit! My stupidest thing ever I guess!! I MEANT to say The Amazon, but I was typing quickly and not thinking! :) Oh to feel like a spaz!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

when i was int he states i was asked the following:

do we have seasons in ireland?
    do we have running water?
    is it true we only travel by bike?

i have lots more about world geography.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

similar things regarding yanks. Inquiring as to whether we drove to america over the bridge? Some actually thought Ireland was just a part of Texas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

College canteen - a student asked for a "plate of growth factors"

Anyone remember Wang's legendary advertising
    campaign ?

WANG CARES

Or the Vaxuhall Nova which didn't do well in Spanish speaking countries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

when explaining something today my science teacher said '' the colour is like those red bricks,you know the ones with a distinct orange colour '' . not the stupidest thing ive ever heard some1 say. but i cant be bothered trying to remember anything else.

Originally posted by uberwolf
    similar things regarding yanks. Inquiring as to whether we drove to america over the bridge? Some actually thought Ireland was just a part of Texas

u dumbass have u never watched king of the hill. theres a place called ARELAND in texas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Looking after the house for my grandparents, the phone rings. I answer.

Caller: Is Tommy there?
    Myself: No, he's holding a party in the town.
    Caller: Oh, is it for his clients?
    Myself: I hope not, he's an undertaker.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

WANG CARES
    :)

On a similar note,
    if you owned a corperation called powergen,
    and you had an italian branch,
    What would your address be?

http://www.powergenitalia.com/

Originally posted by Big Ears
    u dumbass have u never watched king of the hill. theres a place called ARELAND in texas.

No, I haven't watched some slack jawed yokel second rate network dropped cartoon to provide my geographical knowledge of obscure regions of texas. So I must be a dumbass.
    And the people in my story were refering to the leprachaun version of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

In a house i was livin in first year in college,
    myself, one of the girls (Síle) that was livin in the house and one of the lads (tom) that was livin there aswell were talkin sh!t.
    tom and sile were havin a smoke,
    i was just talking sh!t,
    it goes quiet and tom tries to break the silence,
    he looks at his cig and nods his head approvingly,

"these things go down like a real man"

myself and sile pissed ourselves laughing.
    while tom stayed quite.
    he was trying to say
    "these things go down like a real mans cigarette".

No, I haven't watched some slack jawed yokel second rate network dropped cartoon to provide my geographical knowledge of obscure regions of texas. So I must be a dumbass.
    And the people in my story were refering to the leprachaun version of Ireland.

i was joking when calling u a dumbass. what i want to know is how did u know its a slack jawed yokel second network dropped cartoon ??? .

heard some stupid yank talking about it when I was in Areland :D

• Advertisement

heard some stupid yank talking about it when I was in Areland :D
    hehe good answer

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by beatsie

Single = one

A 'single ticket' is more of a miss use of English then a 'single return ticket'

Just because the saying ‘single ticket’ is, for some reason, used in place of ‘one-way’ does not make it any more correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

It was me.

How's that for concise dumbness. Never admit to anything;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

In the 'funny at the time' catagory........

We were discussing tactics for a class soccer match. We knew our oponents were going to pack the midfield and it'd be hard to work through them, but we had a striker who's 6'4 so Mickey comes up with the idea of lobbing the ball up to him with runners from midfield trying to latch onto whatever he can get to first. Pity he decided to express this plan by saying : "Straight for the box lads."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Reminds me of PE in school
    the teacher told one of the guys to go out to his car to get the "two balls in the leather bag" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

heres the build up,

I moved into this house in 3rd year in college, where i still live now,
    i knew the people pretty well that i moved in with before hand except for one of the lads girlfriends, we'll call her sue.

about a month goes by and one evenin we're just watchin tv and talking ****,
    and out of nowhere sue pipes up and asks in the most innocent manner,

"why does everybody call you Divilly?"

we all started laughing, leaving her kinda offended.
    then i replied,
    "because thats my surname."

fact. :)

btw, do any of ye ever read FHM? theres a small section every month called
    "out of the mouth of babes" showcasing the silly things that women say. funny stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by monument
    Single = one

In my local chipper, the convention for asking for "a single of chips" is simply "one chips" - being singular and plural in the one sentence. Phrases such as two chips or three chips always makes me grin.

But it's been my chipper for the last 10 years, and I resisted the local vernacular for about 8 years, but over the last couple, I seem to have adopted it - even though I really really hate it. Just seems safer :D.

D.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1343048#post1343048
    Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Would I get sacked for having suck a big penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

In a shop in america at the checkout and the woman, being friendly, asks us where we're from... We say that we're from Ireland, and she says something like "is that far from here?", to which we say, "it's in Europe". The next bit is the best ;) - she says "i suppose you came over here on the train?". We just said no, that the atlantic tunnel isnt finished yet, and just got out of there to laugh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sitting in double accounting last Tuesday and we're doing day books and control accounts and all that crap. Anyway, half way through the class one of the girls turns around and says "So what is a ledger anyway?" I actually didn't know what to say for a few seconds, then when I told her it was just a book several times (several times because she couldn't grasp the fact that it was just a book) she says that's she is going to go out and buy one just to have a look.

She's said some other really stupid things that I can't think of now. She truly is a dumb blonde though.

Advertisement