Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Cards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GerardN57

Hi I have alot of callcards. <snip>

Moderator warning: Please read the forum charter. In order to buy/sell any collectibles please post an ad on www.adverts.ie. You may then post a link to your ad here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 foxtrot1983

MODERATOR WARNING: Any sales/buys should be conducted on www.adverts.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

No i think they are just after the units on them. they have some trick to turn them into money i think. Ebay is your best bet i reckon.

sounds interesting, I must have at least 100 unopened callcards, any idea what the trick is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mars Rob

Gosh I didn't think there would be more people who had collected them as little ones....I have a huge collection,some are great. Does anyone know how I would go about selling them as I am moving country and need to clear my house! I would love to make something for them as I am sure they will be worth alot in time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Mars Rob wrote: »
    Gosh I didn't think there would be more people who had collected them as little ones....I have a huge collection,some are great. Does anyone know how I would go about selling them as I am moving country and need to clear my house! I would love to make something for them as I am sure they will be worth alot in time?

If they are used only a handfull would be worth anything substantial, Let me know what you have and i can give you a valuation. They are only worth what people are willing to pay which isnt as much nowadays as ten years ago.

• Advertisement

sounds interesting, I must have at least 100 unopened callcards, any idea what the trick is?

I have no idea. maybe theres some premium line they call with the cards. Youd be better off selling them to collectors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mars Rob

Oh really, oh okay... well I have alot of Irish cardsTir na nOg orientated ones, Christmas in Ireland, the old school adverts that were once played..a few Zig and Zag types, obviously the popular disney cartoons we had growing up, boyzone, valentines day etc...huge amount of BT and Mercury cards..and alot mor foreign cards, maybe all worth nothing right!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blem

I've got a huge collection of these, about eight or nine hundred i'd say. I have most of the highly collectable ones in packaging such as the Eagle Star, the rare Irish Horse Racing one, lots more but they are in my parents house and i can't remember off hand the other rare ones. I haven't looked at these in about 10 years. If i was to try sell them what is the best way to do it and is there anywhere to get them valued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Try checking prices being realised on eBay.co.uk :)

blem wrote: »
    I've got a huge collection of these, about eight or nine hundred i'd say. I have most of the highly collectable ones in packaging such as the Eagle Star, the rare Irish Horse Racing one, lots more but they are in my parents house and i can't remember off hand the other rare ones. I haven't looked at these in about 10 years. If i was to try sell them what is the best way to do it and is there anywhere to get them valued?

try putting them up on adverts.ie and i may just purchase them from you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

I have just resurectted my callcard collection 5-600 used, and the following mint condition. Where can I get them valued?

10unit Vectra(Opel/Vauxhall)
    10unit Callcard Challenge 1996
    10unit Callcard Challange 1997
    10unit Tia Maria X2 of these
    20unit Litrature-The Nobel Prize Winner
    20unit Call Card Collectors Club (Squirel)
    10unit Goldeneye
    20unit Voices of the World
    10unit Office Smart
    5unit Four Courts
    10unit Seasons Greetings(5 Reindeer)
    10unit AIB Student Plus
    10unit Ulster Bank Cashflow Problems
    10unit Molly Malone
    5unit Happy Christmas from CAN
    20unit Quinsworth Poleberry
    10unit Barrys Gold Blend
    10unit RTE People in Need Telethon 1996
    5unit Dolmen at Carrowmore
    10unit 3M

Thanks, Tony

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

i would say about 5 yoyo each, i would be interested in 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cpmangan

hey, i have finally decided to sell on some of my callcard collection. the comments on this page have been really helpful in letting me find out that there was still a popularity for these cards-thanks! please feel free to have a look at my collection through this link:

http://www.adverts.ie/322998/other-antiques-and-collectables/large-callcard-collection-for-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gun_money

Found this today , thought I share it, might be useful

http://steveon2.tripod.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi gunmoney,

can you provide the link for these results please? The list is very extensive and I may crop it for readability once a link is provided. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gun_money

Thanks gunmoney. The list can be found under "Card lists" on that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

brother used to collect them seriously when he was younger,

I think his most rarest are:

Black Back Cottage
    he has 2 imi's
    I remember him paying 80punts for eagle star call card

He does have thousands still under the bed.

ill ask him if he wants tyem anymore cause he isn't the collector type anymore.

bogwalrus wrote: »
    brother used to collect them seriously when he was younger,

I think his most rarest are:

Black Back Cottage
    he has 2 imi's
    I remember him paying 80punts for eagle star call card

He does have thousands still under the bed.

ill ask him if he wants tyem anymore cause he isn't the collector type anymore.
    id be interested in a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

id be interested in a few
    Lads please just bare in mind that no buying or selling is allowed on the forum,all deals to be done through advert.ie or by private message.Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Gun_money wrote: »
    Found this today , thought I share it, might be useful

http://steveon2.tripod.com/

Many thanks always good to see my hard work is still being appreciated many years on hope to do some more work on my old site when I can find some free time... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Good collection for sale here http://www.adverts.ie/326955 including original callcard collectors club presentation folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mylesbw10

I have a nice collection in great nick for sale on adverts
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/callcards-irish/411961

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

I just found bits and pieces of when I was a collector years ago. What's all this about Eircom? It was Telecom Eireann back in those days baby :D It's a blast from the past looking at this stuff. I have foldout issues from the callcard collector's club with the pictures of the cards. Basically order forms trying to get my pocket money. I even have my first letter from them with my collector's number, thanking me for sending my application form. Dated from 1996 and from a typewriter no less. Still haven't forgiven them for spelling my name wrong though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

I have two very rare Michael Collins call cards, one titled ('ol Big Fella) I wonder if they are worth the money i paid for them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

Found three old eircom callcards. Are they worth anything to anyone?

One is a 10 unit niamh tir na nog

a 20 unit rose of tralee 94

and a 20 unit george michael card

??

curadh wrote: »
    Found three old eircom callcards. Are they worth anything to anyone?

One is a 10 unit niamh tir na nog

a 20 unit rose of tralee 94

and a 20 unit george michael card

??
    10-15 euro if they are still in wrapper or 1 euro for the lot if used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

haha wow Im rich!
    ok have found another one in the wrapper sealed. its a seasons greetings 10 unit card with cartoon reindeer on the front.

anyone interested pm me and ill swap ya for something or whatever :)

• Advertisement

curadh wrote: »

anyone interested pm me and ill swap ya for something or whatever :)

Swapping is OK on thread...for anything else please see www.adverts.ie.

Advertisement