Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

Thomond Park won't be big enough. They'll have to bring it to the Gaelic Grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Thomond Park won't be big enough. They'll have to bring it to the Gaelic Grounds.

Bruce managed in the RDS this year, on what basis do you reckon it'll be in the GG?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

25000-30000 on the pitch and throw another 15000 in the stands.

Potentially 40000+ I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

If this happens, it would be great news for my bank balance! OH is a huge fan and has been to most of his Dublin concerts - he even managed to drag me up there this year and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I hope this happens though I'm not a fan of Bruce but am a fan of all the people that concerts in Thomond Park bring to Limerick, an underutilised resource if ever there was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I wouldn't be huge into Bruce Springsteen but it is definitely one not to be missed in our own back yard. I was only saying it during the year to mates that it is ridiculous you have Bruce Springsteen doing two nights in the RDS and a big empty stadium in Limerick all summer (bar the Limerick FC match).

You could say the same for Bon Jovi, surely instead of doing the two nights in 2011 in the RDS they could have had at least one night in Thomond Park.

It would service Limerick, Clare, Cork, Kerry Galway and Tipperary perfectly. Getting acts like JLS is madness.

I wouldn't be surprised if after the Bruce Springsteen speculation we end up with One Direction supported by more X Factors failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

As long as they don't get greedy with the pricing I might go-I and any serious Springsteen fans have seen him several times in recent years in Dublin.

I and my buddies certainly wont be paying €96 for a ticket which is probably what they will be looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

It is better to have a full venue at half the price (who will buy refreshments) than a quarter filled one at full price. Once companies realise that we'll be onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

It is better to have a full venue at half the price (who will buy refreshments) than a quarter filled one at full price. Once companies realise that we'll be onto a winner.

Given the size of the stadium. They'd probably still fill it at €100 a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hey,

Like the other posters earlier, I'd love to see the Boss play Thomond Park, I've been going to see him live for the last 20 years....

Unfortunately it won't happen, Bruce has a deal with Live Nation in the USA and is signed to them for the next 5 years(...in effect he gets paid up front for future concerts and ALL concert revenue and onsite merchandising is recouped by the promoter) Live Nation are using one Agent in Ireland, Aiken Promotions and Aiken have a deal signed for ( Im reliably informed) the next 8 yrs with RDS and Croke Park....
    A deal with the GAA has a better chance of actually happening...MI wouldn't hold my breath! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Not when the artist has to be paid a decent fee, and production costs aren't covered by a small crowd.

These albeit positive sentiments don't pay the bills I'm afraid. How do I know? I'm in production for 33 years around the world.

g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

News this week apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Rick O'Shea on 2fm said on his Facebook that he'll be announcing it today on his show!
    If anyone hears it please post! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Rumour of Killarney & Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Confirmed Thomond Park 16th July

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rick O'Shea ‏@rickoshea
    Springsteen - 2013 - Thomond Park July 16th, Pairc Ui Chaoimh July 18th, Kings Hall Arena July 20th. Tx next Thu at 9am :-)

confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

At last a decent concert in Thomond Park

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hey,

Like the other posters earlier, I'd love to see the Boss play Thomond Park, I've been going to see him live for the last 20 years....

Unfortunately it won't happen, Bruce has a deal with Live Nation in the USA and is signed to them for the next 5 years(...in effect he gets paid up front for future concerts and ALL concert revenue and onsite merchandising is recouped by the promoter) Live Nation are using one Agent in Ireland, Aiken Promotions and Aiken have a deal signed for ( Im reliably informed) the next 8 yrs with RDS and Croke Park....
    A deal with the GAA has a better chance of actually happening...MI wouldn't hold my breath! :(

Sorry to burst your bubble but....

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/bdxl74?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_2_f1

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

L.T.P. wrote: »

BURST AWAY!!!!

Ill be there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I have an unbelievable smile on my face right now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Delighted about this, hopefully Munster Supporters Club members will be able to get tickets in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Great news - great to see a few shows outside the capital for a change. The Boss puts on the best live act on earth. A tour of Ireland is in prospect Limerick > Cork > Belfast - here I come!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

dec 6th for tickets....will sell out quick id imagine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

dec 6th for tickets....will sell out quick id imagine!!!

Could be ok, he's playing 3 venues so demand mightn't be as high. I wouldn't be hanging around though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine the show in Cork will be a big 1, can't wait for it now, hope I get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Great news!

No doubt hubby will be on for the race to get tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cant bloody wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

€96 :eek: - What are the acoustics like in the LIT car park with a Lidl bag full of lukewarm Carlin'?!?!

I remember you could hear Pink on stage in Thomond Park quite clearly in Dooradoyle as she tried to break up the random knacker fights etc.

- Hopefully there isn't some shíte gangsta rapper called 'Da Boss' or we could have a repeat Scobe invasion next July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Raiser wrote: »
    €96 :eek: - What are the acoustics like in the LIT car park with a Lidl bag full of lukewarm Carlin'?!?!

I remember you could hear Pink on stage in Thomond Park quite clearly in Dooradoyle as she tried to break up the random knacker fights etc.

- Hopefully there isn't some shíte gangsta rapper called 'Da Boss' or we could have a repeat Scobe invasion next July :(

Slightly off-topic don't slay me but...

Could you seriously hear Pink in Dooradoyle? I'm living beside TP as in, it's not 10 feet from my door hence the curiosity?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gallee

Miike wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic don't slay me but...

Could you seriously hear Pink in Dooradoyle? I'm living beside TP as in, it's not 10 feet from my door hence the curiosity?!

I doubt it Mike. The previous poster is a veteran at sensationalism and using the thesaraus as he types. There wasn't any of that kind of trouble or noise at any concert in Thomond Park. Springsteen will be a great occasion for both TP and the City. A bit of good news for a change.

Advertisement