Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Is there any mention of the Joker in it ?
    Roll on tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

MJ23 wrote: »
    Is there any mention of the Joker in it ?
    Roll on tomorrow night

No mention of the Joker though someone else does make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I really enjoyed it.
    More drama than the others, but it was needed to wrap the series up. The action pieces were great even most of the technology used is almost possible in today's world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Un****ing believable . World class ending

Got a round of applause in Liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah was there myself great audience in to see it, fantastic Nolan deserves an Oscar for this and it should get Best Picture. Really emotional ending as well, but satisfying!

• Advertisement

Yeah was there myself great audience in to see it, fantastic Nolan deserves an Oscar for this and it should get Best Picture. Really emotional ending as well, but satisfying!
    Really emotional endong and I'm sad that nolans reign is over.

Those shots of when batman is on top of a structure and the camera pans around - amazing, my favourite bits of all three films is when he does that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just out of the 5am show in Lighthouse. Blown away.

It was a little slow getting started but I didn't have a problem with that, was actually enjoying the patient build up.

Loved Bane, thought his presence was great and really was gripping every time he was on screen. I did struggle a couple of times to understand what he was saying but the majority was good and clear.

Can someone tell me what exactly Fox was saying at the end looking at the Bat? Didn't hear cuz of some muppets beside me making noise.

One thing I wish wasn't in it was the lame tattered american flag :rolleyes:

Oscar for best picture big time. Nolan is a genius. The scene where batman and Selena are picking off banes guards and batman shifts and blends through the shadows is unreal.

I'd bang the heart and soul out of anne Hathaway for what it's worth

I'd bang the heart and soul out of anne Hathaway for what it's worth

She looked pretty awesome in that catsuit alright :pac:

Really emotional endong and I'm sad that nolans reign is over.

Those shots of when batman is on top of a structure and the camera pans around - amazing, my favourite bits of all three films is when he does that

Yeah with Zimmer's Batman theme soundtrack playing in the background always sends a shiver up my spine!
    So Michael Caine brilliant the heart of the movie I lost it at the funeral for Bruce when I say Alfred crying. Also great to see Liam Neeson back and Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow Judy Judy LOL loved his line when Gordan chooses Death "So it's exile then" LOL. As for people saying it's an inception style ending it's not that would have been closing with Alfred in the cafe looking over and smiling, that would have been an Inception spinning top ending, but no they show Bruce & Selina and also remember Batman gave her the device to wipe her past and I take it they used it for both of them! So it's not an Inception ending!
    Anyway fantastic movie off out now to do a full days work!(God help me)

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

Can someone tell me what exactly Fox was saying at the end looking at the Bat? Didn't hear cuz of some muppets beside me

The lads were telling fox that Wayne had fixed the auto pilot on the bat.

In other words - he ejected and the bat flew on and blew up unmanned

In other words - he ejected and the bat flew on and blew up unmanned

Thought as much, that tidies that up then. Didn't hear what they said due to pricks beside me and then was a little bit pissed off thinking they had just left it open as to how he did it.

Now to break the news to the GF that I couldn't wait for her to go see it....

fair play to the bloke who dressed up as batman .
    Some people with iron stomachs there too. Nachos and hotdogs at 5am ,.........dafuq

So Michael Caine brilliant the heart of the movie I lost it at the funeral for Bruce when I say Alfred crying.

That was a tough scene alright, Caine was brilliant throughout. Hope he at least gets nominated for supporting actor.

fair play to the bloke who dressed up as batman .
    Some people with iron stomachs there too. Nachos and hotdogs at 5am ,.........dafuq

Jesus I missed him! yeah loads of people eating, lol'd at the beginning someone in audience imitating Batman's voice shouted out "What else was in the Drug packets" and "Rachel"! The reason I went at that god awful hour was at least your going with die-hard fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Never before have I refreshed a forum as much as too see what others have thought!

There was a guy at the premiere the other night fully dressed as batman, he must of being sweating bullets as it was toasty in the savoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was at the Liffey Valley showing, really enjoyed it and I'm going to ignore all the plot holes until I get some sleep.

Tom Hardy is a god-damn badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

just out of 5.30 showing and at work now. can anyone tell me how bane knew bruce was batman and did i hear gordon say 'bruce' in a kind of shocked tone at the end. i was sure gordon knew who batman was. great telling of the back stories and an emotional ending.will let it sink in for a week then see it again.

I f*cking loved when Bane said "Mr Wayne" with little hiss like thing at the end. Shivers.

I wanna watch all 3 again.

Memo to the matrix- that's how you finish a trilogy

• Advertisement

unplayable wrote: »
    just out of 5.30 showing and at work now. can anyone tell me how bane knew bruce was batman and did i hear gordon say 'bruce' in a kind of shocked tone at the end. i was sure gordon knew who batman was. great telling of the back stories and an emotional ending.will let it sink in for a week then see it again.
    Bane was in the league of Shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Bane was in the league of Shadows

ok but he was excommunicated before bruce became batman surely. not a huge issue but just bugged me.

unplayable wrote: »
    ok but he was excommunicated before bruce became batman surely. not a huge issue but just bugged me.

Ya but he was the guardian of
    Ra's Al Ghul Daughter.
    You can assume they talk about the silent protector of the City they wanted to destroy.

So what was the craic with
    Ra's al Ghul?

How did he appear to Bruce in the prison, or was it a hallucination and Bruce making the connection himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So what was the craic with
    Ra's al Ghul?

How did he appear to Bruce in the prison, or was it a hallucination and Bruce making the connection himself?

Can we just get rid of the spoiler tags already? Don't visit this thread if you haven't seen it; simple as that.

That was definitely a hallucination, sure the guy actually faded into thin air right in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fox was talking to two engineers about whether he could have fixed the autopilot issue - the engineers said it had been fixed six months previous - fix id was bruce wayne I think.

It was a little slow getting started but I didn't have a problem with that, was actually enjoying the patient build up.

Loved Bane, thought his presence was great and really was gripping every time he was on screen. I did struggle a couple of times to understand what he was saying but the majority was good and clear.

Can someone tell me what exactly Fox was saying at the end looking at the Bat? Didn't hear cuz of some muppets beside me making noise.

One thing I wish wasn't in it was the lame tattered american flag :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ill write more when I get home, but mostly I loved it. The first hour is most definitely sluggish, as you try to negotiate the new characters and the narrative trajectory. But when the pieces fall into place, it does so gloriously. Thrilling, smart and surprising. There are niggling issues, but the sheer boldness and ambition of the project kept me.glued. None of the characters are wasted, and is much less rushed than its predecessor. The depth of the themes and social context is just fantastic. Loved the way the economic woes were weaved into the plot.

Ill elaborate further when I have a keyboard, but this is the grandest, smartest spectacle movie one could hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Anyone else think the first guy into exile on the ice was penguin?

have to say that I didn't like how it showed society falling apart when the 'ruling class' is turfed out, with the 'normal' people being not much better than the terrorists. A continuation of the right wing extra ordinary rendition stuff from the second movie. Just not a fan.

• Advertisement

also, with the exile stuff - no one smart enough to lie on the ice to give a greater dispersion of weight across the ice, as you would do on an iced lake. No one? Not one person?

Advertisement