Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's Disgraceful Customer service.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

booboo88 wrote: »
    mistakes can happen, but its how you treat person on other end of the phone :)
    we are not paid enough to listen to abuse, so short story, you get what you give

I agree with this wholeheartedly, I got a new phone recently and was getting charged(by meteor) for data i wasn't using. When i rang i was nice and polite and in turn the guy explained what was happening and refunded me €10 credit even though i told him 3-4 times the most i was down was a fiver. (69c *6 days).

Be nice and ye shall recieve it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    I agree with this wholeheartedly, I got a new phone recently and was getting charged(by meteor) for data i wasn't using. When i rang i was nice and polite and in turn the guy explained what was happening and refunded me €10 credit even though i told him 3-4 times the most i was down was a fiver. (69c *6 days).

Be nice and ye shall recieve it back.

thinking back actually, really nice guy in meteor topped up my phone for a euro(no credit at the time due to those nasty subscription services)
    to text them to stop it. i wasnt expecting a refund as it was my own fault(back in the day when u had to download tones for your phone)
    so treat people with respect, it'll come back ten fold, same with being nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Lillydee

There's never a question on my part of not treating people with respect. I just found booboo88's comment about stupidity offensive and uncalled for (respect is a two way street). Yes it might have been human error that caused the problem, but the problem is very easily remedied as Bruschi pointed out. When I speak to Meteor i am nothing but respectful, i never raise my voice, i never blame the person who i am speaking to for the problem as it isn't their fault, in fact i go out of my way to treat them with decency as i understand it must be difficult working in customer services. But it is extremly frustrating when you are constantly given the run around. The comment on stupidity just shows the attitude of some towards their customers. I'm sure there are very bad experiences on the opposite end of the fence on a daily basis, it's no excuse for labeling someone stupid, sometimes customers are very genuine and just want a solution without causing hassle.:)

My gripe is that they simply don't deliver on their promises (since February). As I pointed out in a previous post I have nothing but respect for customer services in many companies. :) I've just not had a pleasant experience with Meteor yet. I live in hope to be proved wrong and have this issue with them resolved!

Lillydee wrote: »
    There's never a question on my part of not treating people with respect. I just found booboo88's comment about stupidity offensive and uncalled for (respect is a two way street). Yes it might have been human error that caused the problem, but the problem is very easily remedied as Bruschi pointed out. When I speak to Meteor i am nothing but respectful, i never raise my voice, i never blame the person who i am speaking to for the problem as it isn't their fault, in fact i go out of my way to treat them with decency as i understand it must be difficult working in customer services. But it is extremly frustrating when you are constantly given the run around. The comment on stupidity just shows the attitude of some towards their customers. I'm sure there are very bad experiences on the opposite end of the fence on a daily basis, it's no excuse for labeling someone stupid, sometimes customers are very genuine and just want a solution without causing hassle.:)

My gripe is that they simply don't deliver on their promises (since February). As I pointed out in a previous post I have nothing but respect for customer services in many companies. :) I've just not had a pleasant experience with Meteor yet. I live in hope to be proved wrong and have this issue with them resolved!
    see you dont know how you might not necessarily feel like your coming across as rude or angry, but its about the tone, or the huffing (never huff down the phone..im not saying you do...but its one sure fire way of not getting any help)
    ive never had a bad exp with meteor, only their constant texts :/
    but o2 on the other hand..........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jason_carolan

did you ever get your refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I used to work for meteor in a store, when anyone came into me with a prob, i ran around the world to try fix it. The problem here is when you're base level staff you are not given the power to fix the bigger problems. My fellow colleagues would always direct the customer to the care line, where as i rang the care line with the customer to try to get it fixed as soon as possible. I did this because i wanted to do a good job, and to help people, and out of respect.

I tell you it became a running joke in that store that i i received ten times more abuse from customers than anyone else. My colleagues used to always laugh at me for going out of my way to help people because of the inevitable backlash you would receive when something out of my control went wrong. I even remember a customer seeing me on my lunchbreak in a cafe and coming in to give me abuse, pushing their phone in my face telling me to fix it then and there ffs. I worked there full time for a year and each day i must have helped between 3-5 people with problems. In all that time only one person said to my manager that i was a help!

Tbh i'm not the kind of person who can turn people away when they need help, but i couldn't but up with the abuse anymore and actually left the job over how i was treated by customers.

aww slowmoe that was disgraceful :( but i know exactly how you feel, s**t is your thanks, and as for your lunch id tell them where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jason_carolan

SLOWMOE - I admire your honesty. the majority of staff working in call centre environments will try to do there best and go above and beyond to get there job done and also helping the customer. I can also understand why you left the job, when you put up with all the $hit you had to put up with.

My point of view is meteor owe me €20 and this is going on over a month now. every time i ring customer care i speak to someone different, everytime i email someone emails me different, i'm always promissed 10 working days refund will be processed. I'm still waiting on refund. I just don't understand how a company can give such poor customer service, it's apalling. when you work so hard and do your best for the customer like you have done and i would do, it's just a pain in the ar$e, customer service does not exist in Meteor - that's not a dig at u, it's a dig at the company.
    I've now escalated my claim to ComReg, my next step would be national radio. As a former employee is there any other way I can go about this with the company to get things sorted out?

I topped up online banking 20euro, but instead of going to O2 it went to Meteor, wrong provider not wrong number and all i want is too get my refund back now - this is all over 20euro.

Dear Slowmoe, what happened to you is awful, regardless of whatever problem a customer has they have absolutely no right to treat you like that, a little respect goes along way. Some people are plain ignorant. It must have been very difficult.

any update on your refund? did keep your number when when you changed to o2?

• Advertisement

No news yet, com reg have given them until Friday, if Meteor haven't refunded me by then I have to let them know. I kept the old number, it wasn't long ago since I changed network, it was such an easy slip up to make!

Lillydee wrote: »
    No news yet, com reg have given them until Friday, if Meteor haven't refunded me by then I have to let them know. I kept the old number, it wasn't long ago since I changed network, it was such an easy slip up to make!

ah i see, my apologies, i thought u had a diferent number, im a bit slow on the up take. i was wondering why u didnt just use said credit. ooops:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OliviaOC

SLOWMOE - I admire your honesty. the majority of staff working in call centre environments will try to do there best and go above and beyond to get there job done and also helping the customer. I can also understand why you left the job, when you put up with all the $hit you had to put up with.

My point of view is meteor owe me €20 and this is going on over a month now. every time i ring customer care i speak to someone different, everytime i email someone emails me different, i'm always promissed 10 working days refund will be processed. I'm still waiting on refund. I just don't understand how a company can give such poor customer service, it's apalling. when you work so hard and do your best for the customer like you have done and i would do, it's just a pain in the ar$e, customer service does not exist in Meteor - that's not a dig at u, it's a dig at the company.
    I've now escalated my claim to ComReg, my next step would be national radio. As a former employee is there any other way I can go about this with the company to get things sorted out?

I topped up online banking 20euro, but instead of going to O2 it went to Meteor, wrong provider not wrong number and all i want is too get my refund back now - this is all over 20euro.
    Maybe it was your fault Jason did you change your old mobile details with the bank before topping up online? If this was the case which happens quite often you might not see that money again regardless of who you speak to.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

I have to be honest here if you think that customer service is bad don't ever dream of joining 3 there customer service is unbelievable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mattcc70

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Well just to update on my issue with them..

Unsurprisingly eircom merely acknowledged my last reponse on this matter and confirmed that Meteor's offer of credit will be applied and gave me the contract expiration dates as I'd asked - but did not comment any further on the points I raised in my email to him, save to say he'd passed it on to Meteor's senior management :rolleyes:

ComReg then called me this morning to ask if I'd heard anything back from eircom/Meteor and after bringing them up to speed basically told me what I already knew - they cannot intervene any further and as such my only options would be to take it further myself.

So my last written reply to them (ComReg) is as follows:

I'm still extremely pissed off that a company can be allowed to conduct itself in a manner like this and that there appears to be no accountability to the supposed Regulator of the industry, and that that same Regulator has no authority to step in, review the case, and make its own binding recommendations for a resolution.

It seems it's another uniquely Irish solution of appearing to do something without ACTUALLY doing something and is setup in such a way as to actively place as many barriers as possible in the path of someone who isn't prepared to accept the status quo.

Is it really SO hard for us to get ANYTHING right in this country?? :mad:
    Just off the phone to Meteor myself. Told them I think my phone is being hacked. Mr Genius informed me that was impossible and to ring the Gardai as there was nothing they could do anyway. So i asked him how can it be that the White House, FBI, Pentegon, CIA, NASA and MI5 can get hacked but Meteor was inpregnable?. The reply, Dunno, is there anything else I can help you with ? Moving back to Vodafone as soon as my contract ends.

how is your phone being hacked??:rolleyes:

op any luck with 20er?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

mattcc70 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to Meteor myself. Told them I think my phone is being hacked. Mr Genius informed me that was impossible and to ring the Gardai as there was nothing they could do anyway. So i asked him how can it be that the White House, FBI, Pentegon, CIA, NASA and MI5 can get hacked but Meteor was inpregnable?. The reply, Dunno, is there anything else I can help you with ? Moving back to Vodafone as soon as my contract ends.

Its people like you that make my day in work. :rolleyes: ( I work in a call centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i like to be helpful around here as much as i can but this. . .should probably go here

eolasguy wrote: »
    Its people like you that make my day in work. :rolleyes: ( I work in a call centre)

I was thinking same :)
    i had a guy yesterday tell me that he wouldnt type his security code into his phone as it was being hacked:rolleyes:

Getting a call from private number when I answer there is silence, so I hang up and my phone is suddenly on roaming. This stays on until I switch it off for a couple of mins. Just thought it might be a possibility unless you can help ? Cause Meteor sure can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Getting a call from private number when I answer there is silence, so I hang up and my phone is suddenly on roaming. This stays on until I switch it off for a couple of mins. Just thought it might be a possibility unless you can help ? Cause Meteor sure can't.

Try your sim in another phone for a few days to see if your getting these calls. 99% sure they will stop as it sounds like theres a problem with your handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

well to be honest, he is right and wrong.

Right in the sense of ring the guards, as they are the only people that can instruct a network to perform such a test or trace, its not a feature open to any member of staff.

Wrong in the sense of its not possible, it is, with about 20k's worth of equipment and the decryption key strings.

But seriously? Hacked? Cmon....

I dunno about hacking but I got a message in the middle of the night last year saying that 'this is a virus' my phone locked and switched itself off. It took me ages to get it back on. weird!

wobbles wrote: »
    Try your sim in another phone for a few days to see if your getting these calls. 99% sure they will stop as it sounds like theres a problem with your handset.

Hey thanks, you should work in the Meteor call center :)

I'm not having a go at all call center staff but my point is when people like me phone Meteor for help it's because we we don't know much about the products and just want someone on the line who does or can put us through to someone who does. I would not mind so much if the person was at least honest and admitted he did not know what the problem was if anything and was in any way polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I'm not having a go at all call center staff but my point is when people like me phone Meteor for help it's because we we don't know much about the products and just want someone on the line who does or can put us through to someone who does. I would not mind so much if the person was at least honest and admitted he did not know what the problem was if anything and was in any way polite.

Totally agree, they should be able to give you a better response on stuff like that, incoming call history and.private numbers is there, its just not available commercially, if they recieved a legal instruction for it its produced for the requested.

I worked for meteor and there staff were briefed on stuff like that, but the average agent stays in cust care 4 months before they find something better cause they have to listen to ridiculous **** from customers, so the knowledge isn't always passed on.

Totally agree, they should be able to give you a better response on stuff like that, incoming call history and.private numbers is there, its just not available commercially, if they recieved a legal instruction for it its produced for the requested.

I worked for meteor and there staff were briefed on stuff like that, but the average agent stays in cust care 4 months before they find something better cause they have to listen to ridiculous **** from customers, so the knowledge isn't always passed on.

same in all call centres unfortunately. and matt70 agent may have had a bad call just before you, not excusing it, but you get to a point where you have had enough of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The level of customer service I received was astoundingly poor. Wouldn't know where to begin. Got a few free months service from them after months of hassle and as soon they have passed I'm switching to O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Hey thanks, you should work in the Meteor call center :)

I did........ :rolleyes::D

Beleive me, working in a call center is so repetitive its very difficult to stay sane if you work there for more than a few months. Staff turnover is so high, and training so poor that its no wonder you can never get a proper answer.

I was there when smart phones started to appear on the network but there was never any training on these phones. Its difficult solve a problem on a phone you've never seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The only 2 reasons im with them are that most of my friends are on Meteor and the free roaming which is a godsend for someone like me who travels regulary but otherwise id be gone, 4 times this evening i had to call them to solve what was a small problem, a range of excuses was given the first African man who i was having trouble understanding said their system was playing up (that old cheshnut:rolleyes:) the next 2 calls i was on hold and ended up getting cut off, finally on the 4th call i managed to resolve the problem but it just shows that Meteor seriously need a radical overhaul of their customer service, in fact most companies in Ireland and the UK have dreadful customer service when you compare to places like Dubai where i experienced nothing but the best in customer service.

rant over :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement