Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The happy thaw thread

• 04-12-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

The thaw is here.

I hope it all melts asap. Sick of the stuff, road has been unusable with the car since the snow of last Saturday.

Bring back the green, green grass of home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'd much rather it would just melt now instead of sticking round as slush for ages . . .its lovely when its here, but not all that icy slush . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I'm dreading the slush, black ice and ice in general :mad:
    snow is so much safer to drive/walk on ............. please stay snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

A thaw thread ?!? Down with that sort of thing !!
    :)

Discovered this morning that shovelling slush is so much easier than shovelling ice and snow. :D

Only problem now is after that sort of weather the grass will go all brown or yellow like it did last year . . :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hate snow, so quite frankly I'm delighted to see any thaw. Haven't been able to run outside on a non-snowy surface since Thursday 25th :mad:

• Advertisement

I honestly dont really mind what happens on the snow front as long as it snows heavily on the 23rd, 24th and 25th . . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

This is just the break between rounds... make the most of it, the Snow and freeze will be back for round two with avengence! :eek:

It's already up off the stool. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 irishonline

It's all ice here on Merseyside, I'm hoping it goes soon! I don't want to be Ice Skating to work anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

The pipeline to my well has finally defrosted, running water, what a luxury.
    Still, gonna miss this white stuff when it finally disappears.

Still frozen for the cattle . .:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The roads are definitely better out there today, but should we expect another bout of similar weather and conditions over the winter or is it too early to predict? Will that be it for another year?

cormie wrote: »
    The roads are definitely better out there today, but should we expect another bout of similar weather and conditions over the winter or is it too early to predict? Will that be it for another year?

They said on rte radio 1 that in the midlands today is the worst day so far on the roads . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

I honestly dont really mind what happens on the snow front as long as it snows heavily on the 23rd, 24th and 25th . . .:P

Not between midday and 6pm on the 23rd if possible as I have to drive from Dundalk to Westport that day!

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Not between midday and 6pm on the 23rd if possible as I have to drive from Dundalk to Westport that day!

18:01, not a minute later . . .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Why don't you get a few neighbours to help you out with supply, :D

sudan_wideweb__430x286.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

ok for most of my cattle, got a dribble coming from a frozen pipe to the other cattle, so it should speed up and I won't have to move them everyday to get water....fingers crossed.

Hope you get the pipe running later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭jprboy

The-Rigger wrote: »

Brilliant !!!

I heard Bridie on the radio that evening a few weeks ago and then saw her on tv that night ...... heart-warming stuff. :)

Christmas Number 1 ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

They said on rte radio 1 that in the midlands today is the worst day so far on the roads . . .

Not where I've been, last night was pretty lethal with black ice but today the same roads were fine.

So what's the likelihood of such weather revisiting over the next while or can we expect not to see it again for another year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

I guess I won't be accused of trolling in this thread.:rolleyes:

Bring on the....

THAW!
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jesus I hate thaws...not because I overly like snow on the ground, just that it always seems to feels so cold and miserable when snow/ice is thawing, usually feels colder than it did when the stuff was coming down.

Probably also to do with being a child during the 81/82 snow event and being very sick with flu/fever during the thaw that time (felt like it lasted about 2 weeks where I lived).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snow ghost wrote: »
    This is just the break between rounds... make the most of it, the Snow and freeze will be back for round two with avengence! :eek:

It's already up off the stool. :pac:

Exactly snow ghost. Enjoy the break snow haters while you can:p

Min wrote: »
    ok for most of my cattle, got a dribble coming from a frozen pipe to the other cattle, so it should speed up and I won't have to move them everyday to get water....fingers crossed.

Hope you get the pipe running later on.

Still filling a transport box with a water trough from the house here, twice a day . . .:mad:

Don't get me wrong, i love snow, i just hate when you know its going to thaw but you still have the constant drip . . .drip . ..drip . .and everything is wet and cold and miserable. Just get it over with!!!!

You're trolling in this thaw lovers thread. Go away.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I love snow - but it is horrid at the moment - all the slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Since all the snow haters came in an posted useless posts in the snow threads, I feel justified in doing the same in their thread.

I hate thaw. Bloody thaw keeps falling down and landing in my garden. When is the thaw going to go away? I can't believe all you wierdos actually love thaw. Been looking at the radar and all I see is more thaw coming :( Sick of this thaw sh1t already, and it's been like 2 days now. :(

kenmc wrote: »
    Since all the snow haters came in an posted useless posts in the snow threads, I feel justified in doing the same in their thread.

I hate thaw. Bloody thaw keeps falling down and landing in my garden. When is the thaw going to go away? I can't believe all you wierdos actually love thaw. Been looking at the radar and all I see is more thaw coming :( Sick of this thaw **** already, and it's been like 2 days now. :(

It has to thaw sometime this week, we just want it to happen quickly so that all the thaw symptoms will go away such as;

drip drip drip drip . . .

the crash as the snow hits you from the roof . . .

the wet everywhere . .

the ice on roads and paths . . .

the miserable cold . . .

I hate thaw. Bloody thaw keeps falling down and landing in my garden. When is the thaw going to go away? I can't believe all you wierdos actually love thaw. Been looking at the radar and all I see is more thaw coming :( Sick of this thaw sh1t already, and it's been like 2 days now. :(

But Ken, they weren't necessarily useless posts. Some of us were just trying to guide you guys down from the obvious high by quoting the social reality. Think of us as drug counselors.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bud10

Thank God, the thaw has eventually landed somewhat, even though i love a fall of snow, it does bring some severe hardship and that can only be endured for so long without become a complete and utter nuisance. this back ice frozen snow is a complete pain, the sooner it all melts and goes away the better, then i can look forward to the next fall of snow. Don't know bout you guys but i love the first blanket of snow after that when it becomes all slushy with prolonged melting, it's just annoying.

Advertisement