Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Perfect for the JRE
    Alex Jones last ep is unmissable because he talks complete sh1te

Ah they're different. Trump talks drivel. Wouldn't be for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

CNN are afraid of Joe Rogan? good :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

glasso wrote: »

Good guy is Joe, apologising and meaning it is a true mark of a man.

Now if only CNN/Fox/ONN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC could do the same, the job would be oxo in the good ol'States!

Jesus Christ.. that Snowden one is after coming on just randomly on YouTube..

He's PAINFUL..talk about being wedged up your own hole..

• Advertisement

As someone who works in IT, how he breaks down technology to a 5 year old is beyond boring

As someone who works in IT, how he breaks down technology to a 5 year old is beyond boring

Yeah.. it just seems like he has it rehearsed to death, and is under the impression whoever's listening to him is thick..
    Just so condescending..

I hope he isn't pardoned..

He probably hardly has anyone to talk to, let alone having a social life
    You have to cut him some slack if he doesn't have much to add

Did anything ever come of those missing episodes on spotify? Did they show up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Has there been a single good pod since the move to Spotify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

Tim Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

The opening line in today's podcast was basically that he wants all his politicians to be jacked marines. I mean that's not far off the plot of Idiocracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gave up on Joe entirely around the start of the pandemic. Unfollowed/unsubscribed from all channels. The veil had been slipping for a while, but the covid stuff really revealed what a typical entitled LA moron he had become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

D.Q wrote: »
    Gave up on Joe entirely around the start of the pandemic. Unfollowed/unsubscribed from all channels. The veil had been slipping for a while, but the covid stuff really revealed what a typical entitled LA moron he had become.

I never get this, for me listening has and never will be about Joe its about the vast variety of guests ,

I don't listen to everyone one just one that I think may intrigue me , The guest are the star of the show not Joe, I can deal with him when the guests are interesting ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, I always find it weird when you see anti-Joe articles etc that they seem to want to make out that he's the host of an Alex Jones type one-man-show where he spews out transphobia by saying he disagrees that biological men should be allowed fight biological women.

That's not the case at all. The star of the show is always the guest. Which is why I pick and choose my episodes. There are only so many of his comedian buddies I can listen to reminiscing about "The Ice House" or whatever.

But when the show is good, it's VERY good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I hope he gets one of the science guys on soon like Sean Carroll. Find them the most interesting to listen to as he lets his guests talk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGidLAbA1vQ/?igshid=3t6qcel3a2ts

Jamie Vernon the sound engineer tested positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

s1ippy wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGidLAbA1vQ/?igshid=3t6qcel3a2ts

Jamie Vernon the sound engineer tested positive.

Thanks for sharing. Wish him a quick recovery!

Could be interesting. Find out in detail why I'm lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He must be promoting something was on hot ones today also.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He must be promoting something was on hot ones today also.

Has a book out!

don't they all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I never like the ones that have blow-in celebs pretending to be delighted to be on the show because they've always loved the show and the fact that they're on the promotion circuit for their book/podcast/movie is just a happy coincidence.
    The guests aren't on board with the general roll of the show and I find Joe not to be relaxed, or really interested in them.
    Joe pretending he didn't know what the message alert "Diinnnnggg" was that was going off on McConnaughey's phone was funny and kind of an example of what I mean- to not know to have your phone off for the show and to think that it's ok for it to be going off is more than rude.

Another recent one a bit like today's was Bill Maher. They just come across as awkward for both host and guest.

Kanye tomorrow!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Kanye tomorrow!

Ah stop, not a Kanye fan at all, I think he's a lunatic... but that makes for great podcasting!

Ah stop, not a Kanye fan at all, I think he's a lunatic... but that makes for great podcasting!

I have to admit I'm a fan of his music but the guy is as mad as a box of frogs. Looking forward to hearing what he says.

He's gone full Christian mode lately. Drinking game, take a shot every time he mentions Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Kanye could be interesting depending on his mood. It could be an awkward one if sad Kanye turns up, and in contrast to a lot of Joe's guests, he really does not like anyone arguing with him. Letterman was walking on eggshells a bit with him in My Next Guest.

I'm sure they'll agree on a lot of things. The importance of challenging the far left liberals for one thing.

Could be as mental as Alex Jones without the maliciousness. Can't wait for it.

Could be as mental as Alex Jones without the maliciousness. Can't wait for it.

Nothing will ever live up to the AJ podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Switched it off after 45 minutes, didn't enjoy it at all. Kanye's inane gibberish with Joe barely getting a word in.

• Advertisement

Listening to the Kanye one now, Kanye going on mental rants and Joe just sitting there not saying anything.

See what happens if you watch too much of the Kardashians?..

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Fair play for getting through 45 min, VT. Anyone see his response to the question around student debt? Saying that if he has all the information he knows he will make the best decision because he has the best taste on the planet. Holy moly.

In fairness though - 3 hours with Kanye is a pretty successful chapter in Joe's list of guests. I wonder who else he will get on. I think Obama, Letterman, Jim Carey, Tiger Woods, Jay Z or Beyonce, George Bush (both in Texas?) could all just be a matter of time.

I'd like to see Jim Carey I think.

I'll not be watching. Partly for my own sanity and partly because I don't want to be someone who partakes in watching someone going through a manic episode.

The god stuff is kinda annoying. I don't relate to it at all. Why did you want to become president? God told me in the shower.

If I reword it into "I came up with it myself and I'm so head strong and arrogant that I'm going to make it work" it kinda makes more sense. I'm almost jealous of those so deeply ingrained in religion if this ambition is a by product.

I really admire Rogan's ability to translate Kayne after a 20 minute rant.

Switched it off after 45 minutes, didn't enjoy it at all. Kanye's inane gibberish with Joe barely getting a word in.

I couldnt get past the first 30 minutes to be honest.
    Kanye is also a very overrated music producer, far from being innovative and often too loud and distorted

• Advertisement

Just over two hours into it. This podcast has completely changed my mind on him. I find these wacky characters quite fascinating. Add that with how huge he is. You cannot deny his success.

I thought he was a complete clown surrounded by yes men. While that is true to a degree, there are nuggets of wisdom throughout his verbal diarrhoea. Kayne is well aware of his scatter gun brain. He's well aware of his sometimes incomprehensible rants. Rogan does a good job of dissecting him when he gets a chance to speak. I highly recommend people try stick with this one if you were a kayne hater like I was. Like a lot of his music but found his personality to left wanting. I went from rolling my eyes to pondering quite a lot of poignant philosophical thoughts. He still does come out with quite a lot of clangers and running for president seems utterly insane. But I'm starting to believe Kayne when he says he's a visionary. Never ever thought I'd say that.

Just over two hours into it. This podcast has completely changed my mind on him. I find these wacky characters quite fascinating. Add that with how huge he is. You cannot deny his success.

I thought he was a complete clown surrounded by yes men. While that is true to a degree, there are nuggets of wisdom throughout his verbal diarrhoea. Kayne is well aware of his scatter gun brain. He's well aware of his sometimes incomprehensible rants. Rogan does a good job of dissecting him when he gets a chance to speak. I highly recommend people try stick with this one if you were a kayne hater like I was. Like a lot of his music but found his personality to left wanting. I went from rolling my eyes to pondering quite a lot of poignant philosophical thoughts. He still does come out with quite a lot of clangers and running for president seems utterly insane. But I'm starting to believe Kayne when he says he's a visionary. Never ever thought I'd say that.

To me Kanye has mental issues and is obviously on medication and thats not me slagging him off or "hating" on him, Just an honest take on the guy

I'll not be watching. Partly for my own sanity and partly because I don't want to be someone who partakes in watching someone going through a manic episode.

I agree with this he is not mentally stable,
    His own wife makes this public every so often and people seem to forget and go along with the hes just an artist or visionary you dont understand, Nope not at all hes got problems and he is on medication for it

To me Kanye has mental issues and is obviously on medication and thats not me slagging him off or "hating" on him, Just an honest take on the guy

And like many mentally damaged people he makes it for good entertainment. People laughing at him, while he probably needs good counseling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He doesn't appear to be going through a manic episode at the moment, or at least not on the JRE.
    His mental issues are well documented and for the most part I think it's really positive that someone with such issues is able to function to a v. high capacity and express himself too. People with such issues shouldn't be silenced or ignored, they've an important voice in an inclusive, tolerant society.

I only got through 45 minutes of this though, way too much God stuff for me and when he said there was "no racism in Japan" and other countries would do well to emulate them (paraphrasing here, I think, it was in one of the many rambles) I tuned out. It's a pity Joe allowed the interviewee to meander so much, or at least in the 45 minutes I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hold onto yer panties - Alex Jones AND Tim Dillon just dropped.
    Over 3 hours.
    Yet to watch/listen, 2 minutes in AJ is yapping about Ghislaine Maxwell :=)

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hold onto yer panties - Alex Jones AND Tim Dillon just dropped.
    Over 3 hours.
    Yet to watch/listen, 2 minutes in AJ is yapping about Ghislaine Maxwell :=)

tenor.gif

THEY'RE MAKING THE FROGS GAY!!!!!!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    THEY'RE MAKING THE FROGS GAY!!!!!!

Didn't take long to get a mention

https://youtu.be/jdVso9FSkmE?t=2082

Yes..

Quality..

Alex Jones is a legend.. just as an aside, I was looking for something about the Biden videos the other day and found AJ watching the video of the Chinese guy releasing them..

The video was playing and he was in the background going "Ching Chong..ding dong.."

It was hilarious..

I see Joe announced on the he's doing an election night one with Kyle Kulinski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The uproar on Twitter to this podcast is unbelievable. People with "free speech activist" in their bio calling for the episode to be deleted and Joe to be cancelled.

US2 wrote: »
    The uproar on Twitter to this podcast is unbelievable. People with "free speech activist" in their bio calling for the episode to be deleted and Joe to be cancelled.

Really?..why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Really?..why?

Because it's Alex Jones ?

I imagine its the casual misinformation by the bucket load. You gotta know what to expect going in. This isn't some kind of news cast. I'm not gonna take a word AJ says seriously. I'll enjoy it for it is. It's funny seeing Rogan trying to be sensible one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement