Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Boring!

Nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What about Crowder when Crowder said he didn't support cannabis legalisation?

Joe is widely considered to have certain topics that he will argue endlessly on. That is tantamount to bullying.

He also calls people who comment on social media 'social retards'. What's wrong with him?

Debating someone is not bullying ,he calls people who troll on social media "social retards " although I hate the word retard its very accurate description of people who use social media to be offended or offend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Textra_vision

Didn't he say recently he's gonna vote for Bernie Sanders? Joe can be an eejit at times but he's a mixed bag like everyone. He seems genuine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Joe is widely considered to have certain topics that he will argue endlessly on. That is tantamount to bullying.

He also calls people who comment on social media 'social retards'. What's wrong with him?

No it’s not. If that was the case then every activist or campaigner would be a bully?

Have you ever tried DMT?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

One brilliant statistic of his show would be how much time Joe spends talking, compared to how much time his guest spends talking.

I reckon there's a lot of shows where Joe speaks more, and a few where Joe speaks 70% or more, leaving only 30% or less to his guest.

That means Joe and his ideas are over exposed to his listeners. We've heard his ideas before, let the guests speak.

I've actually listened to hundreds of his shows, but never the comedy ones, the MMA ones, pseudo science nonsense, or the hunting ones. Just politics, society, technology, science, journalists etc.

What I dislike is Joe constantly giving his opinion. I get it, I've heard it before, stop telling me. His opinions are extremely shallow and he refuses to deepen them.

He argued with Nick Bostrum about the Simulation Argument, and with other scientists, and he doesn't seem to be aware of his own limitations when it comes to science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ridiculous thing to say.

One brilliant statistic of his show would be how much time Joe spends talking, compared to how much time his guest spends talking.

I reckon there's a lot of shows where Joe speaks more, and a few where Joe speaks 70% or more, leaving only 30% or less to his guest.

That means Joe and his ideas are over exposed to his listeners. We've heard his ideas before, let the guests speak.

I've actually listened to hundreds of his shows, but never the comedy ones, the MMA ones, pseudo science nonsense, or the hunting ones. Just politics, society, technology, science, journalists etc.

What I dislike is Joe constantly giving his opinion. I get it, I've heard it before, stop telling me. His opinions are extremely shallow and he refuses to deepen them.

He argued with Nick Bostrum about the Simulation Argument, and with other scientists, and he doesn't seem to be aware of his own limitations when it comes to science.[/QUOTE

You do realise the show is called the Joe Rogan experience ??
    If you don't like Joe there is little point of listing ,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Didn't he say recently he's gonna vote for Bernie Sanders? Joe can be an eejit at times but he's a mixed bag like everyone. He seems genuine to me.

Yeah, he can be really good and he can also be really bad.

He freely admits himself that he's a bit of a knuckledragger, so it's not like he's saying he's an intellectual and you have to listen to everything he says.

Joe's bro science gets debunked about some new virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I was listening to that one earlier. Ten minutes in he's banging on about saunas killing the virus and breathing in hot air at medically impossible temperatures. Joe is a dumbass.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

Or he's asking an expert to debunk a lot of the commonly discussed myths surrounding the current pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That was a fantastic podcast! That guy knows his stuff. Washing hands and wearing surgical facemasks isn't going to help us with this virus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought Joe was setting up the bar stool stories for the doctor to knock them down.
    Excellent pod I thought. I wouldn't want Joe pitching in with scientific detail when he has an expert in the studio to do that.

Joe played it well.

Yeah I thought it was good. My comment was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

auspicious wrote: »

It's hard to watch this short clip yet hard to look away.
    With irrefutable, substantiatable evidence this wretch is no more than a victim.

I wish Joe Rogan woukd stop peddling that Biden has dementia. Anyone who watched the debates in full would know that saying that is an insult to those who actually suffer from dementia.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Didn't Biden have a really bad stutter as a child and still battles it.

Rogan doesn't really do his research a lot of the time and just repeats what he reads online or on Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

6 wrote: »
    Didn't Biden have a really bad stutter as a child and still battles it.

Rogan doesn't really do his research a lot of the time and just repeats what he reads online or on Fox.

Yes, he stammers.

Rogan peddles a lot of dopey nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Rogan is so dumb. Honestly. Used to find him interesting and smart but he truly is the idiots smart man.

Tom O Neil episode was really good best one in a while,

Tim Pool should look into surgery to get that hat removed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I've listened to the podcast for a coupe of years, on and off. Whilst Rogan isn't my favourite person in the world I can safely say that any episodes that i do listen to are because of the guest that he has on.

Obviously there are exceptions, but any experts that he invites from varying scientific fields are great and it is so refreshing to be able to listen to them actually discuss and outlay facts.

Finding this thread today was a great treat

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Fritzbox

Been getting into Rogan’s podcasts in the last few weeks. Really enjoyed one or two interviews in particular.

Anyone who had doubts about the authenticity of the US Navy aircraft videos of UFOs, released by the US Department of Defence in the last few days should watch the podcast with the navy pilot who witnessed one of the “close encounters” with the “craft”

I don’t know how you can debunk the videos taken from the fighter aircraft really, when you have reports from people who were there, as well as radar sightings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭robwen

Bleh, I hate Spotify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I've been getting sick of him lately, it always helps to take a break because he keeps rehashing the same old you've, so might take a month or 2 off to let him build back up some new topics of conversation.

I don't listen to podcasts through Spotify (for whatever reason, I listen to music on it all the time), so I think I'll probably end up giving him up whenever the move across happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

scoobydude wrote: »
    I've been getting sick of him lately, it always helps to take a break because he keeps rehashing the same old you've, so might take a month or 2 off to let him build back up some new topics of conversation.

I don't listen to podcasts through Spotify (for whatever reason, I listen to music on it all the time), so I think I'll probably end up giving him up whenever the move across happens

The last 2 months no matter who is on the topic always goes to Joe Biden is senile, the lock down is stupid and California is the worst governed state in the world, add that to the old favourites there are too many pronouns and take nootropics and his podcast has become a head melter. I am not sure what has happened to him of late he is normally relatively balanced.

Advertisement