Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stephen has really shown his true colours lately

I think quite the opposite. He has been trying to play down the worst aspects of his personality and pretends he is just a concerned citizen. All part of his grift which, admittedly, he is quite good at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mutant z wrote: »
    Not all but a huge chunk certainly are but if they ever actually stopped and listened to his arguments instead of calling him every insult under the sun they may find he has a point about islam and what it entails but somehow speaking about it makes him the most hateful person on the planet i just don't get it.

I've listened to him. I've watched his videos which I'm willing to bet is more than you've done for anyone to the left of Trump.

His arguments are crap. He's a bigoted neanderthal making bank from the American right and people who are somehow less evolved than himself.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

So what you are saying is he is guilty of grooming a child?

I'm in no position to pronounce the guilt or otherwise of anybody. I'm not a court of law. I am just recounting what happened publicly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

I'm in no position to pronounce the guilt or otherwise of anybody. I'm not a court of law. I am just recounting what happened publicly.

What happend publicly? Grooming was it?

What happend publicly? Grooming was it?

you've seen what happened publicly. make up your own mind.

• Advertisement

So you are ok with grooming 15 year olds then?

how would you describe what he did?

No. Absolutely no inference at all...

you've seen what happened publicly. make up your own mind.

You were the one that mentioned grooming, so I'll ask again who has been grooming?

Do you not know what grooming means? I don't think you do.

You were the one that mentioned grooming, so I'll ask again who has been grooming?

Do you not know what grooming means? I don't think you do.

how else would you describe a 36 year old man trying to chat up an underage girl online? I'm struggling to think of a better term.

how else would you describe a 36 year old man trying to chat up an underage girl online? I'm struggling to think of a better term.

So you don't know what the word grooming means, glad we've established that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I've listened to him. I've watched his videos which I'm willing to bet is more than you've done for anyone to the left of Trump.

His arguments are crap. He's a bigoted neanderthal making bank from the American right and people who are somehow less evolved than himself.

That's your opinion which i don't share however and I've seen the arguments from many sides which Tommy comes off quite reasonable in relation to quite a few others ive seen yes he may not be perfect but who the hell is and he cut ties with the EDL years ago so i don't see why that keeps being brought up, i don't see many others lining up to speak up about what's been going on do you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's your opinion which i don't share however and I've seen the arguments from many sides which Tommy comes off quite reasonable in relation to quite a few others ive seen yes he may not be perfect but who the he'll is and he cut ties with the EDL years ago so i don't see why that keeps being brought up, i don't see many others lining up to speak up about what's been going on do you.

I see plenty. Conservatives have been bashing Muslims for years. You either have somehow missed this or are just pretending not to know.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

So you don't know what the word grooming means, glad we've established that.

we have established nothing, you have just stated something as FACT.

we have established nothing, you have just stated something as FACT.

You are making a false accusation of grooming.

Grooming: the action by a paedophile of preparing a child for a meeting, especially via an Internet chat room, with the intention of committing a sexual offence.

You are making a false accusation of grooming.

Grooming: the action by a paedophile of preparing a child for a meeting, especially via an Internet chat room, with the intention of committing a sexual offence.

Child grooming is befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child, and sometimes the family, to lower the child's inhibitions with the objective of sexual abuse

telling a girl she is "fit" is befriending and establishing an emotional connection is it not?

telling a girl she is "fit" is befriending and establishing an emotional connection is it not?

So you know what his intentions were now also do you?

Listen I know you hate him, that's fine. But drop the grooming accusation because that's not what that was and well you know it.

So you know what his intentions were now also do you?

Listen I know you hate him, that's fine. But drop the grooming accusation because that's not what that was and well you know it.

so you think you know his intentions then?

so you think you know his intentions then?

I know the man isn't a paedophile. So do you.

I know the man isn't a paedophile. So do you.

based on what, exactly?

based on what, exactly?

Ok, you got me, I have no proof that TR isn't a paedophile.

I also have no proof you aren't one either.

Do you think Tommy commited a crime here? I'll assume you do seeing as you accused him of grooming.

Ok, you got me, I have no proof that TR isn't a paedophile.

I also have no proof you aren't one either.

Do you think Tommy commited a crime here? I'll assume you do seeing as you accused him of grooming.

It certainly looks suspicious for a man who has associated with a number of convicted sex offenders.

• Advertisement

It certainly looks suspicious for a man who has associated with a number of convicted sex offenders.

So what is you're opinion because earlier you seemed to have him guilty. Do you think Tommy Robinson is a paedophile?

No. It isn't.

No. It isn't.

really? so what is the purpose of it then? You've never told a girl she was attractive with the intention of forming an emotional connection?

really? so what is the purpose of it then? You've never told a girl she was attractive with the intention of forming an emotional connection?

But is that what happened in this case?

I have. I have also told a girl she was attractive without the intention to form an emotional connection.

Jesus wept.

But is that what happened in this case?

I think so. why else did he say it?

I have. I have also told a girl she was attractive without the intention to form an emotional connection.

Jesus wept.

So you agree it can be said with the intention of forming an emotional connection.

I think so. why else did he say it?

Oh you think so. So you "think" something and it is enough to accuse someone.

Oh you think so. So you "think" something and it is enough to accuse someone.

I am giving my opinion. Is that not what a discussion forum is for? Am i not allowed have an opinion?

• Advertisement

I am giving my opinion. Is that not what a discussion forum is for? Am i not allowed have an opinion?

No you accused someone of grooming, that's not what a discussion forum is for. Why don't you contact Bedfordshire if you think a crime has been committed.

No you accused someone of grooming, that's not what a discussion forum is for. Why don't you contact Bedfordshire if you think a crime has been committed.

no, i have said his behaviour fits that description. If the uk police want to investigate that is up to them. I'm sure they would take a complaint from a foreign jurisdiction seriously.

So you agree it can be said with the intention of forming an emotional connection.

****ing hell. I now realise you are trolling. How silly of me to be roped in.

no, i have said his behaviour fits that description. If the uk police want to investigate that is up to them. I'm sure they would take a complaint from a foreign jurisdiction seriously.

You stated it was grooming you didn't say the behaviour fits the description, so you've climbed down a little from your previous opinion . Do you think he is a paedo a simple yes or no answer will suffice.

You stated it was grooming you didn't say the behaviour fits the description, so you've climbed down a little from your previous opinion . Do you think he is a paedo a simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Bored now.

Bored now.

Yeah I was gonna suggest you have a little break.

• Advertisement

So any word on tommies little scam going on around his australian tour? The one he sold tickets for before getting a visa. A visa he has been refused. Doesnt seem to be any sign of refunds for those who paid. Where has the money gone?

So any word on tommies little scam going on around his australian tour? The one he sold tickets for before getting a visa. A visa he has been refused. Doesnt seem to be any sign of refunds for those who paid. Where has the money gone?

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Criticising an ideology is perfectly reasonable imo i just don't understand the double standards of many on the left who are very quick to call out homophobia and sexism when it comes to white christians but remain remarkably silent about homophobia and sexism within islam which is far worse than anything ever from the west even at it's worse why the sudden silence when it comes to human right issues within islam.

They're not silent about homophobia and sexism when it's muslims doing it.

The difference is that left wingers don't only focus on muslims. You won't find a person in this thread who hasn't condemned human rights abuses which have been committed by muslims.

Grayson wrote: »

The difference is that left wingers don't only focus on muslims. You won't find a person in this thread who hasn't condemned human rights abuses which have been committed by muslims.

Have you read the thread recently on the Covington controversy? I'd say 95% of the outrage was directed at a smirking teen rather than at the black Israelites condemning faggòts and saying they should be dead.

And surprise surprise the big story in the media was a smirking teen in a MAGA hat and not the blatant homophobia a few metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Have you read the thread recently on the Covington controversy? I'd say 95% of the outrage was directed at a smirking teen rather than at the black Israelites condemning faggand saying they should be dead.

The teen was a white male in a MAGA cap.

That's like the Devil incarnate to these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Why drag up the past .........

You stated "He certainly conducts himself in a far more classy way than the likes of leftist twats such as Owen Jones".

How many convictions has Owen Jones?

Well they sure are quick to play the islamophobic card whenever anyone tries to point out the obvious problems with islam which they try to defend at all costs.

Odhinn wrote: »
    You stated "He certainly conducts himself in a far more classy way than the likes of leftist twats such as Owen Jones".

well there was the violence, the financial and immigration frauds, the public order offences and the drugs offence. No wait, they are all tommys convictions.

well there was the violence, the financial and immigration frauds, the public order offences and the drugs offence. No wait, they are all tommys convictions.

Any sign of that link I asked you for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Have you read the thread recently on the Covington controversy? I'd say 95% of the outrage was directed at a smirking teen rather than at the black Israelites condemning faggòts and saying they should be dead.

And surprise surprise the big story in the media was a smirking teen in a MAGA hat and not the blatant homophobia a few metres away.

So someone says the left ignore muslims who are homophobic. I say they don't.

Your counter argument is a situation involving no muslims. Which involved a weird sect, which is really a subsect of a weird sect, of black israelites and a group of teens wearing MAGA hats.

Does that mean my counter to that can be about slavery in the 1800's in the US? Or how Boris Johnson lied about bendy bananas.

I'm just trying to see how completely unrelated my response can be because I have no idea how yours relates to people on the left criticising homophobia.

Your counter argument is a situation involving no muslims. Which involved a weird sect, which is really a subsect of a weird sect, of black israelites and a group of teens wearing MAGA hats.

Does that mean my counter to that can be about slavery in the 1800's in the US? Or how Boris Johnson lied about bendy bananas.

I'm just trying to see how completely unrelated my response can be because I have no idea how yours relates to people on the left criticising homophobia.

I have no idea about what you are talking about in regard to Boris Johnson. My point was the left ignoring homophobia it doesn't matter where the homophobia is coming from, what matters is it being ignored in favour of focusing on something very trivial. Eg: smirking kid wearing maga hat.

Question for you, you are person that seems to want proofs and citations for statements and allegations made on here, can i ask is it only people you don't agree with that you ask this of?

Odhinn wrote: »

Yes he has had his issues in the past which he's left long behind him and is now a law abiding citizen those who are left wing are not without past criminal convictions either but it doesn't make anything he says less merit. The fact that the state are so desperate to censor him must mean he has a reasonable point which those who have screwed up simply can't bear to take responsibility for so must shut those up who point out their huge mistakes.

those who are left wing are not without past criminal convictions either

Everyone on the left has a criminal conviction? Source please.

Everyone on the left has a criminal conviction? Source please.

It seems sources aren't required in this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement