Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

Christmas is so different without the magic that the kiddies bring. I'm waiting patiently for my nieces and nephews to start understanding what's going on, they're still quite young so they just think we're all really weird watching them open their Christmas presents and asking them about Santy :D
    A few years ago, before the nibblers arrived, my parents fostered a dog and her new puppies in the run up to Christmas. The puppies were starting to crawl and then they were pulling the decorations down. We all felt a little bit of magic that Christmas, watching those little bundles rolling around, so bold and so cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

jellybear wrote: »
    Mallowmia you say...must go have a look. Support Irish and all that :D

She was doing a mixed bag at the weekend to taste all the flavours. I've just had a pink gin and lemon and omg, absolutely delicious. And I'm not someone who gets excited about food, especially sweet things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Caranica wrote: »
    She was doing a mixed bag at the weekend to taste all the flavours. I've just had a pink gin and lemon and omg, absolutely delicious. And I'm not someone who gets excited about food, especially sweet things.

Sounds yum!! Her rocky roads look unreal!!

Couldn't find peppermint extract anywhere so it'll be chocolate chip for the first go of the ice cream machine. I'll report back tomorrow afternoon and let you all know how it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

jellybear wrote: »
    Sounds yum!! Her rocky roads look unreal!!

Couldn't find peppermint extract anywhere so it'll be chocolate chip for the first go of the ice cream machine. I'll report back tomorrow afternoon and let you all know how it goes :D

Yes, I got the rocky road with malteasers too. I'm going to be huge :D

Caranica wrote: »
    Yes, I got the rocky road with malteasers too. I'm going to be huge :D

Life's too short, enjoy the rocky road :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

9 for €9 and who knew there was such a thing as Turkish delight Easter eggs?!?!

Oh no, I detest Turkish delight!

As a kid, I had regular hospital appointments and used to get a little treat from the hospital sweet shop after them. One time I chose a Turkish Delight as the shiny, pink wrapper was just so appealing....it was one of the biggest regrets of my life. Yuck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, 9 for €9!! Good deal.

Turkish delight?? Who knew, and also eeeeeew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

There's a reason they are 9 for €9!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I like the turkish delight. :o
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I like the turkish delight. :o

There's always one :D

Just joking my Dad love it as well. Definitely an acquired taste!

TRS30 wrote: »
    There's a reason they are 9 for €9!!!

Killjoy!

Would it be wrong to get them on the way back from the dentist (just a regular checkup) today?

TRS30 wrote: »
    There's always one :D

Someone has to bring some sophistication to the proceedings ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Killjoy!

Would it be wrong to get them on the way back from the dentist (just a regular checkup) today?

Not at all!! Sure you've to keep the dentist in business somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ll leave out the Turkish delight and wine gums and have the rest :D

There's 13 eggs in the picture, so a few would have to be culled if you want 9 for 9! :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I’ll leave out the Turkish delight and wine gums and have the rest :D

Have never had a wine gums egg, assume it's just chocolate with a small bag of them side, same as all the others?

Have never had a wine gums egg, assume it's just chocolate with a small bag of them side, same as all the others?

Bang on. We got one last year iirc...

Bang on. We got one last year iirc...

Thanks, I forgot to call into spar on the way home from the dentist (no fillings!)...maybe tomorrow, is within 5km and they are essential....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

9 for €9 and who knew there was such a thing as Turkish delight Easter eggs?!?!

Lidl are also doing 3 for €3 if people didn’t need 9

• Advertisement

Shhhhhhhhh.

:pac:

So we're at 42 weeks to christmas today, so we're 10 weeks out from last christmas already, part of me feels like its not that long ago & another part of me feels like it was ages ago, its been an odd year to say the least with how time seems to be moving... in reality its probably going faster than it should given the groundhog day qualities of the year so far so maybe it'll be like last year & move at a pace it has no right to really... either way, clocks go forward in 3 weeks and we're into the longer evenings & fingers crossed training can resume etc... love the summer evenings & nights & being outdoors more, I think this year it'll be enjoyed more than ever if we get semi decent weather.

So we're at 42 weeks to christmas today, so we're 10 weeks out from last christmas already, part of me feels like its not that long ago & another part of me feels like it was ages ago, its been an odd year to say the least with how time seems to be moving... in reality its probably going faster than it should given the groundhog day qualities of the year so far so maybe it'll be like last year & move at a pace it has no right to really... either way, clocks go forward in 3 weeks and we're into the longer evenings & fingers crossed training can resume etc... love the summer evenings & nights & being outdoors more, I think this year it'll be enjoyed more than ever if we get semi decent weather.

I think I have heard the word ‘groundhog’ more in the last couple of months then the past 10 years! It’s sums up life for the majority of us at the minute.

10 weeks since the big day seems like a mini milestone. Also loving the brighter days and early signs of spring.

Will be 10 weeks to go before we know it :D

Stunning out there this morning. Heading out for a 10k walk now to make the most of it.

Isn't it lovely. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glorious day out there. Even warm in the sun!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Glorious day out there. Even warm in the sun!!

Got the back garden all tidied up and the grass cut and it looks so much better now, was lovely doing all that work and only needing to wear a t-shirt it was that warm. Shame the week ahead is to be miserable though.

Well we had Fool's Spring back in February, so the last few days have obviously been Spring... of Deception. So now it looks like it's time for Third Winter next week.

Yay.

V1ASGr9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

As I was dozing on the couch last night after the last elf went to bed the OH out on a period show called downton and it had a Christmas ending, carols and all.

• Advertisement

Morning guys. What a weekend weather wise. Beach on Saturday and out for a long walk and garden visit to grandparents yesterday. Great that could get out all weekend, everyone sleep like logs the last couple of nights. Had to drag myself out of the bed this morning.

Hope all had a good weekend.

Advertisement