Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭geotrig

lol seeing headbands been accepted in the 80's was more than enough to never go there !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know when HSE directives might allow the reopening of Jacuzzis and steam rooms etc.

Are they impossible to have while covid19 is around does anyone know (obviously face masks and social distancing are not possible)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Anyone know when HSE directives might allow the reopening of Jacuzzis and steam rooms etc.

Are they impossible to have while covid19 is around does anyone know (obviously face masks and social distancing are not possible)..

The guidance is fairly open ended. You could hazard a guess but it would be just that. I couldn't even guess how long before FF move from having to book 1hr slots

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭GerryFog

Brian? wrote: »
    Mod Note: Don't post in this thread again. This kind of stuff isn't welcome here

Brian to be perfectly honest i am not even a member of Iveagh Fitness I was just trying to keep the hordes away from going to my gym by bigging up another gym.

I was afraid quest of people like that said to have had happened at Westwood Gym would arrive at my gym. it was selfish of me.

I apologise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Are you all doing anything in preparation for the 2nd lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

DareGod wrote:

Yes, buying large Nadal style wristbands

DareGod wrote: »

Reading more and more expert opinions on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Loading up on Brennans bread, bog roll and elasticated waist bands :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Loading up on Brennans bread, bog roll and elasticated waist bands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sp00k

First proper heavy leg day in months this evening, not looking forward to the doms tomorrow!

• Advertisement

There won't be a second lockdown. I am back into the swing of things, making serious progress.

honestly though, the government can't. A second lockdown guarantees the entire country goes into the worst recession in the history of mankind. I don't even know if we'd ever recover.

No I don't value the economy over lives. I supported the first lockdown but a second lockdown would destroy the economy. Businesses that just about survived the first will be shut for good and the banks believing that third, fourth and fifth lockdowns could be forthcoming will start to reign back their amnesty period. Similarly the government would not be able to continue covid payments indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

GerryFog wrote: »
    There won't be a second lockdown. I am back into the swing of things, making serious progress.

honestly though, the government can't. A second lockdown guarantees the entire country goes into the worst recession in the history of mankind. I don't even know if we'd ever recover.

No I don't value the economy over lives. I supported the first lockdown but a second lockdown would destroy the economy. Businesses that just about survived the first will be shut for good and the banks believing that third, fourth and fifth lockdowns could be forthcoming will start to reign back their amnesty period. Similarly the government would not be able to continue covid payments indefinitely.

If there is a resurgence of cases we will definitely go back into a lockdown situation: https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0708/1152118-covid-19-australia/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There can be local lockdown, eg shut down gyms if cases rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,664 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my local WW has been very quiet , I thought with people working from home it would be busy at unusual times. The main weights area has a limit of 20 but I havnt seen more than 5 or 6 so far, maybe 2 or 3 people on cardio machines in that area.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭JayRoc

silverharp wrote: »
    my local WW has been very quiet , I thought with people working from home it would be busy at unusual times. The main weights area has a limit of 20 but I havnt seen more than 5 or 6 so far, maybe 2 or 3 people on cardio machines in that area.

Which branch of westwood is that?

There can be local lockdown, eg shut down gyms if cases rises

If cases rise many won't go near the gym anyway I imagine. I stopped going a couple of weeks before they closed.

JayRoc wrote: »
    Which branch of westwood is that?

im nervous to say, I dont want the yokels from Clontarf or Leopardstown piling in :pac: , its the Sandymount one. Part of the reason is parking is limited around there

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

im nervous to say, I dont want the yokels from Clontarf or Leopardstown piling in :pac: , its the Sandymount one. Part of the reason is parking is limited around there

I've heard that Sandymount is the best gym in Dublin. Unbelievable equipment, amazing atmosphere, just the all round best gym.

I suggest everyone should try it out.

I've heard that Sandymount is the best gym in Dublin. Unbelievable equipment, amazing atmosphere, just the all round best gym.

I suggest everyone should try it out.

I will find you.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Lots have places have gone back into 2nd lockdown already. Not in Ireland, but obviously it's very possible.

Can anyone recommend any decent places to buy affordable home gym equipment?

• Advertisement

1st Sauna in 4 months, bliss , though my tolerance for heat is down or they have turned up the temp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

1st Sauna in 4 months, bliss , though my tolerance for heat is down or they have turned up the temp

Ah yes, I was in the pool, jacuzzi and sauna yesterday. I was definitely overheating. Hahah.

Lad in the gym always wears a mask but still thinks it's ok to be standing closer to you than would have been ok pre-Covid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Trained in a gym yesterday that had a requirement to wear a mask, but I was the only one wearing one. Kept it on most of the time, but I'm so goddamn unfit that I needed to take it off for a few breaths after some latter sets to get my breath back.

At least everyone seemed to be cleaning equipment after themselves, so better than nothing I guess.

Trained in a gym yesterday that had a requirement to wear a mask, but I was the only one wearing one. Kept it on most of the time, but I'm so goddamn unfit that I needed to take it off for a few breaths after some latter sets to get my breath back.

At least everyone seemed to be cleaning equipment after themselves, so better than nothing I guess.

Is your gym particular small that a mask needs to be worn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Can anyone recommend any decent places to buy affordable home gym equipment?

There are lots of other threads in the forum about buying equipment :)

Those ***** down in Kerry are going to be responsible for getting the gyms shut again.

One person knowing they had covid attended a party of 30+ people. They went out to the pubs and clubs all over Killarney and then told the party goers that they had Covid on Sunday.

If the gyms get shut down again I am going to lose it. What a bunch of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Whats everyone bringing to the gym? id usually only ever have my towel and water bottle. No mask requirement. But should I bring my own hand sanitizer or wipes for anything I use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Most places are keeping saunas and steam rooms closed for the moment from what I hear

• Advertisement

jrosen wrote: »
    Whats everyone bringing to the gym? id usually only ever have my towel and water bottle. No mask requirement. But should I bring my own hand sanitizer or wipes for anything I use?

I've to bring two towels, one for myself and one to wipe the equipment down with the sanitizer they have available.

A water bottle also, and they said that we are to bring hand sanitizer, but I haven't seen anyone using one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement