Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Yeah, I made an order early this morning and haven't received any voucher code. I emailed them today regarding the voucher code.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Here's the proof:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

So is the €12 offer still on? I don't see it on the site anymore. Have people received theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

I'm wondering the same. Just placed an order and thought that the voucher offer was on until tomorrow but don't see it onsite now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

So is the €12 offer still on? I don't see it on the site anymore. Have people received theirs?

UK site now has £20 voucher for £100 spend instead of £10 voucher for £50 spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm dumbfounded at the response from SportsDirect customer care. Order 4 items, 2 are broken and need to be returned. You can only return to a UK address via registered post. The postage costs outway the return value. Surely they are resposible for the return cost of faulted goods?

If anything is broken on arrival they legally bear cost of return carriage. You definitely have to fight your corner on that one.

In the EU Consumer Rights Directive which governs such things

Traders must refund consumers for the product within 14 days of the withdrawal. This includes the costs of delivery. In general, the trader will bear the risk for any damage to goods during transportation, until the consumer takes possession of the goods

Also look into the cost of returning via parcel motel if you have things that need to be returned that are not broken. It can make return postage to the UK dramatically cheaper in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone having issues with delivery?

Ordered two sleeping bags last friday, paid for express 1-2 day delivery and it is still showing as "awaiting courier pickup". Def not gonna make it here for picnic now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

similar enough maximoose....order on monday morning and still "awaiting courier pickup"...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

maximoose wrote: »

Ordered two sleeping bags last friday, paid for express 1-2 day delivery and it is still showing as "awaiting courier pickup". Def not gonna make it here for picnic now :mad:

Sometimes its still awaiting courier pickup when it get delivered. Are you only checking on the SD website or are you going onto the carrier website?

• Advertisement

I was tracking it on DHL. It has just updated now actually, to picked up on Fri 28/08 and now 'processed' in Leeds today.

Hoping that means flight tonight and out for delivery tomorrow, eejits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was tracking it on DHL. It has just updated now actually, to picked up on Fri 28/08 and now 'processed' in Leeds today.

Hoping that means flight tonight and out for delivery tomorrow, eejits.

Yeah the updates are slow youll get it tomorrow I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Same, ordered stuff monday night and still saying awaiting courier pickup. Normally much quicker than this. When I send a query I keep getting an almost immediate response (automated) from Barlin saying that my package has been picked up by the courier. The DHL tracking says different though, as does the DHL man I was speaking to.

Im number 2 in line on customer care so will let ye know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Anyone got an update on the €12 voucher?
    Ordered last weekend,no email about the voucher...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Was told on the phone that there is a serious delay with all deliveries (obviously) and that Barlin should not be telling me that my order is dispatched when DHL says its not. Basically anyone who ordered in the last few days will be waiting.

First time ive had an issue with SD, sure it wont be a regular occurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I ordered some stuff last Thursday and got it yesterday, which is not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Placed my order Sun night. Arrived Tues morn. Got €12 voucher about 30 mins after delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Sasso wrote: »
    Placed my order Sun night. Arrived Tues morn. Got €12 voucher about 30 mins after delivery.

Was the voucher emailed to you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

chris1970 wrote: »
    Was the voucher emailed to you ?

check your spam and junk folders as it may end up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

I ordered Sunday, Attempted delivery yesterday by dhl but the driver didn't ring me so have to try and rearrange delivery now.

I've had no email about the vouchers. I emailed their cus service on Tuesday but no reply yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Ordered tuesday received today, no hold ups for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Yip, emailed 30 mins after delivery arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/flash-sale-three

Levis on sale. The price looks good.

Has anyone here bought Levis from Sportsdirect or have any idea if they're the same quality as you'd get in the shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Bassboxxx wrote: »

Has anyone here bought Levis from Sportsdirect or have any idea if they're the same quality as you'd get in the shops?

Straight outta 1997! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

What price are they normally?

Jayop wrote: »
    Straight outta 1997! :pac:

501's were my '93 strides of choice....I've come the full circle 20 years later and I find the 506's a nice fit :) Grand for sitting down :o

What price are they normally?

Last time I bought a pair in Debenhams they were about 80/90 euro.

501's were my '93 strides of choice....I've come the full circle 20 years later and I find the 506's a nice fit :) Grand for sitting down :o

I can't be doing with a straight cut jean like the 501. Needs moar flare!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hate button fly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Jayop wrote: »
    I can't be doing with a straight cut jean like the 501. Needs moar flare!!

According to the reviews they are flared, which is kind of putting me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

blastman wrote: »
    According to the reviews they are flared, which is kind of putting me off.

Dunno where you read that but it's nonsense, there is no flare at all in 501s, they are a straight loose fit. If you want boot cut then it's Levis 517 which they don't have on sportsdirect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

KayeQ wrote: »
    Yeah, I made an order early this morning and haven't received any voucher code. I emailed them today regarding the voucher code.

Did you get your voucher in the end? I'm still waiting for mine, their customer service is ignoring my request :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mcirsta

I made an order on Monday and it's now Thursday night yet it still appears as "Ready To Ship" ... this is pretty annoying ... Not long ago delivery was free and fast now that it's hadled by Barlin it costs extra and is slow as hell ... well done Sportsdirect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

mcirsta wrote: »
    I made an order on Monday and it's now Thursday night yet it still appears as "Ready To Ship" ... this is pretty annoying ... Not long ago delivery was free and fast now that it's hadled by Barlin it costs extra and is slow as hell ... well done Sportsdirect :)

I ordered Tuesday and according to Sd was processed that day. I got a text this evening from DHL to say order would be delivered Monday. No email from SD to say it has been picked up as promised, but that has happened before. Yes delivery was cheaper and quicker before but this would be delivery within 5 working days as stated>

I've never had a problem with the deliveries. Got stuff about 2 months ago and was able to track it all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Skerries wrote: »
    hate button fly!

On your own there

ted1 wrote: »
    On your own there

Less chance of a painful beans and frank incident with the buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't go commando though

Just on this, they arrived in time and also came with 2 free infant full Ireland Rugby Kits.. not sure if it was a mistake or an apology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

prodsc wrote: »
    I ordered Tuesday and according to Sd was processed that day. I got a text this evening from DHL to say order would be delivered Monday. No email from SD to say it has been picked up as promised, but that has happened before. Yes delivery was cheaper and quicker before but this would be delivery within 5 working days as stated>

I actually got into a spate with them on twitter over it. I don't care how much they apologise, if I'm paying for delivery within 4-5 working days I do not expect my delivery to be picked up on day one and put on a plane in Gatwick on day 4. They can't explain what happened on those days inbetween, they can only apologise for the delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I actually got into a spate with them on twitter over it. I don't care how much they apologise, if I'm paying for delivery within 4-5 working days I do not expect my delivery to be picked up on day one and put on a plane in Gatwick on day 4. They can't explain what happened on those days inbetween, they can only apologise for the delays.

But if you are paying for delivery within 4-5 days, once it arrives by day 5 you have nothing to argue and it is none of your business what happens to it in between.

My thoughts exactly... furthermore there's no progress messages, no nothing ... I ordered on the 7th of September and need the stuff by the 17th of September ... no problem I though, 5 day delivery ... yet here we are on the 11th and I don't even have a DHL tracking number ... I mean seriously what the ...

I hate it when this happens, their delivery was very OK but now with this whole Barlin company they messed it all up.

Seve OB wrote: »
    But if you are paying for delivery within 4-5 days, once it arrives by day 5 you have nothing to argue and it is none of your business what happens to it in between.

Sure but it should be here on Monday then and I doubt it will be ... also I hate being kept in the dark like this ... is it that hard to post a tracking number if they already sent it ?

Sure but it should be here on Monday then and I doubt it will be ... also I hate being kept in the dark like this ... is it that hard to post a tracking number if they already sent it ?

What status is your order at on the SD website? Do remember that some items might not be in stock aswell which would delay an order. I have put through a tonne of orders on SD this year and I havent had an ounce of bother with Barlin delivery TBH, some of my stuff arrived a day early and the gut brought my package home, rang me later in the evening and dropped it into me a short while later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Seve OB wrote: »

It is my business, if come day 5 there is no delivery I've paid for a service that they have not delivered (literally).
    They admitted there were delays in delivery - they never notified me of such & they should. In the private messages with them I did say if the delivery was free then I wouldn't care so much, but if I have to pay for my goods to be delivered within a certain timeline I expect it to be expedited in a timely fashion, not left sitting around for a few days after it has been picked up from their warehouse.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What status is your order at on the SD website? Do remember that some items might not be in stock aswell which would delay an order. I have put through a tonne of orders on SD this year and I havent had an ounce of bother with Barlin delivery TBH, some of my stuff arrived a day early and the gut brought my package home, rang me later in the evening and dropped it into me a short while later.

It's in "Ready to ship" since Monday ... that's what's frustrates me most ... they guy there did a hell of a good job, everything was packaged and ready to ship in one day ( had lots of different items ) and now ... nothing, not a word.

• Advertisement

It's in "Ready to ship" since Monday ... that's what's frustrates me most ... they guy there did a hell of a good job, everything was packaged and ready to ship in one day ( had lots of different items ) and now ... nothing, not a word.

Well once its ready to ship its normally collected straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

It is my business, if come day 5 there is no delivery I've paid for a service that they have not delivered (literally).
    They admitted there were delays in delivery - they never notified me of such & they should. In the private messages with them I did say if the delivery was free then I wouldn't care so much, but if I have to pay for my goods to be delivered within a certain timeline I expect it to be expedited in a timely fashion, not left sitting around for a few days after it has been picked up from their warehouse.

Maybe wait until then before you start moaning?

What's with all this delivery chat????

And nobodys deliveries were even late I don't think!!

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe wait until then before you start moaning?

+1

Wasting everyone's time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought this was Bargain Alerts? There is a forum for consumer issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement