Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

fangee wrote: »
    Thanks.

Now all I have to do is order.

Been on the website for an hour now. Taking AGES to load items when I click on them.

Is that normal behaviour for the website ?

Yeah, it can be slow at times.

vicwatson wrote: »
    So guys and gals are the bikes well packed??

Self assembly on the bars and pedals I guess??

Any 10% off codes knocking around please ?[/QUOTE

Just had to slot in and tighten the handlebars and the pedals. Saddle and front wheel had to be fixed on and that was that.
    I started cycling yesterday, went back today and nearly gave in after about a minute. Brave soldier that I am, I went for 30 minutes. Can just about sit down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Mayo Gurl wrote: »

Any 10% off codes knocking around

Just had to slot in and tighten the handlebars and the pedals. Saddle and front wheel had to be fixed on and that was that.
    I started cycling yesterday, went back today and nearly gave in after about a minute. Brave soldier that I am, I went for 30 minutes. Can just about sit down...

No pain no gain they say. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mayo Gurl wrote: »

Any 10% off codes knocking around please ?[/QUOTE

Ouch !, it gets easier !

Are they well boxed up?

Still need 10% off code fellow boardsies !

Yes, both bikes were well packaged in their original, unopened boxes and had those plastic tapes (like you see on bales of briquettes) around them. Sorry, I don't have a code for you, the one I found expired April 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

placed my first order with Sports direct last week and to be honest i'm not at all happy with them.

firstly i spotted a coouple of items and placed an order all went well, later that day i spotted a few other things which i could'nt add to my previous order even though it wasnt dispatched or anything, i decided not to buy the second lot as i would have had to pay for double the shipping.

secondly, i get an e-mail a few days later to say one of my items has been dispatched so i go online to check my account and the other item (the runners i really wanted) was temporarily out of stock so i paid 4.99 shipping for a shirt that cost 8 and to be fair is probably worth 4.

i think i really should have been given the opportunity to select somethig else or to cancel the order completely if the items that i was allowed to purchase had suddenly become out of stock? i think its bad form on their behalf? am i just spoilt by other online stores?

anyone else had any issues like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ethan Edwards

Hi folks has anyone bought adidas tennis runners from sports direct ? Hows the size in them ? I bought adidas golf shoes for the auld lad a while a go and he says they are bit tight fitting and that a half size bigger would be perfect. The tennis runners do not come in half sizes tho.

For the record I have got 2 free monster mugs from them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi folks has anyone bought adidas tennis runners from sports direct ? Hows the size in them ? I bought adidas golf shoes for the auld lad a while a go and he says they are bit tight fitting and that a half size bigger would be perfect. The tennis runners do not come in half sizes tho.

I always go half/ one full size up on the adidas footwear.
    I am normally a size ten, but from experience with adidas and tight fitting, i go up a bit in size to allow a bit of room.

It's maybe worth checking Adidas Irish website too and check their size guide against sportsdirect's Adidas size guide as in my experience sportsdirect have the wrong Adidas sizes in their size guide on their website. The Adidas website should be the one to go with methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They should be the same size as any addidas shoes here.

I do find addidas shoes(expecially boots) tighter fitting than most though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 knowall123

Would anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting a pool table shipped from sports direct? It says mainland delivery only so that rules out parcel motel also

Thanks

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-6ft-foldaway-pool-table-760036

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

LOL you be taking the piss shipping that to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can't you arrange a pick up at their (parcel motel) depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knowall123

zerks wrote: »
    Can't you arrange a pick up at their (parcel motel) depot?

No because sports direct will only ship this to mainland uk, Not to parcel motels northern address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

chopsey wrote: »
    placed my first order with Sports direct last week and to be honest i'm not at all happy with them.

firstly i spotted a coouple of items and placed an order all went well, later that day i spotted a few other things which i could'nt add to my previous order even though it wasnt dispatched or anything, i decided not to buy the second lot as i would have had to pay for double the shipping.

secondly, i get an e-mail a few days later to say one of my items has been dispatched so i go online to check my account and the other item (the runners i really wanted) was temporarily out of stock so i paid 4.99 shipping for a shirt that cost 8 and to be fair is probably worth 4.

i think i really should have been given the opportunity to select somethig else or to cancel the order completely if the items that i was allowed to purchase had suddenly become out of stock? i think its bad form on their behalf? am i just spoilt by other online stores?

Ha, priceless, you must have been spoilt before because you have very little to complain about.

Right lads and lassies, I'm putting in an order of over €100.00 tonight.

Now don't go giving me a 10% off voucher code tomorrow (I need it by tonight instead please, come onnnnn ;-0 )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

chopsey wrote: »

That's their policy, if item is not in stock at time of processing order then they cancel that item, you agree to these terms (or should read them anyhow) before you order.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Was totally in love with the huge mug I got with my first order. I renamed it my study mug cos I would fill it with tea for hitting the books and it would keep me going for a while (I'm a divil for interupting with tea breaks). But when I make tea last night the mug cracked the whole way down the side and across the bottom, emptying hot water all over the counter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Thats never happened to any of my three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

deegs wrote: »
    Thats never happened to any of my three :)

Wanna give me one of them?!

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Assume you are still talking about the mug :pac::pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

My order arrived yesterday .... complete with mug number 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I might if I get a fourth mug tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Everybody is obsessed with these mugs.
    They're impractical if you ask me, the tea does be cold again you get to the end of it :pac:

You can buy the same size mug for 4.99 with a team crest on it. Much better than a sports shop logo plastered across it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Everybody is obsessed with these mugs.
    They're impractical if you ask me, the tea does be cold again you get to the end of it :pac:

You can buy the same size mug for 4.99 with a team crest on it. Much better than a sports shop logo plastered across it...

Got my first Order the other day, Last years champions league match ball for €43, they usually reatail for about €100, its niiiiiiccee! Delivery wasreally quick too.

Anyway, also got one of these mugs, and I agree, how could someone consume all that tea or coffee before it gets cold?! Its madness!! Its also a fairly ugly mug, I gave mine to a workmate, he was happy enough with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Ordered Sunday night, delivered to Dublin Wednesday morning. Very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I use my mug for soup, you can put in a bowl-sized amount but its more portable, fits the bread and makes the soup easier to drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Julez wrote: »

Anyway, also got one of these mugs, and I agree, how could someone consume all that tea or coffee before it gets cold?! Its madness!! Its also a fairly ugly mug, I gave mine to a workmate, he was happy enough with it!

Blasphemy :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

How to people find the sizing say when buying t-shirts and polo shirts?
    Is it pretty hit and miss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

phasers wrote: »
    I use my mug for soup, you can put in a bowl-sized amount but its more portable, fits the bread and makes the soup easier to drink!

Thats a souper idea:D

Advertisement