Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

Gonzaga beat Knock in a great game in the league semi today 12 7. Players that stood out for me were the knock 10 Darragh Henry and their 13,from Gonzaga Dermot Lavelle,Mckeon,JC Carter and Andy Marks all looked prominent,with Marks scoring a fabulous solo effort to clinch the win

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

Gonzaga look very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

All in all, Knock are a good side, but they truly deserve their status as a league side also. Great game today in Lakelands, Gonzaga may be a team to avoid in the draw on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Anyone know how the Blackrock Rockwell game finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BigDLock

At the Roscrea game today, brilliant game! both sides were strong, with roscrea being the more physically dominant team , up front and even behind! newbridge very very quick and fast flowing game, some quality players and very jinky/steppy players! saying this Roscrea are a powerhouse and I think are up there with Terenure/rock/michaels! There in the leauge final without there ireland 19's captain! Should be a great match between Zaga and Ros ! Moneys on Roscrea though! Very strong upfront 4 ireland players in the pack and 1 in the backs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gronk

A friend of mine on the terenure coaching staff tells me Billy Dardis was stretchered off the pitch today with a suspected broken leg, worrying time for terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ar_14

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Could the cup hang on the tale of two out halves? One who made it back for the cup and one who didn't?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Who's gonna break their leg next?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Milkinitlarge6

BigDLock wrote: »
    At the Roscrea game today, brilliant game! both sides were strong, with roscrea being the more physically dominant team , up front and even behind! newbridge very very quick and fast flowing game, some quality players and very jinky/steppy players! saying this Roscrea are a powerhouse and I think are up there with Terenure/rock/michaels! There in the leauge final without there ireland 19's captain! Should be a great match between Zaga and Ros ! Moneys on Roscrea though! Very strong upfront 4 ireland players in the pack and 1 in the backs!

Who's their Irish 19s captain?
    Do you know what score it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Very interesting Senior League. The top 8 in general were very competitive against one another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

20:15 to CCR mate.

I assume he's talking about Sean O'Brien, who was captain of Connacht 20's this year? But I didn't think he was captain of Ireland, maybe I'm way off though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    I assume he's talking about Sean O'Brien, who was captain of Connacht 20's this year? But I didn't think he was captain of Ireland, maybe I'm way off though.

Captain of the Connacht 20s and he's still in school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Hagz wrote: »
    Decent going if captaining 20s whilst an u19 and still eligible for schools cup. Was it just me or was there more players still eligible for youths u19 leagues and the schools cups playing 20s interpros this year?

Hagz wrote: »

Yeah very impressive, he was eligible for 19's and was called up to play 20's and was their captain. Jacob Walsh is also down there in CCR who has played Connacht A already.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

gronk wrote: »
    A friend of mine on the terenure coaching staff tells me Billy Dardis was stretchered off the pitch today with a suspected broken leg, worrying time for terenure

If true I would dearly love to see the odds on Belvo, Mary's and 'Rock, not to mention Michael's plummet overnight!

That said I really hope it's spoof would be awful for such a talented player to miss out on the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

If true I would dearly love to see the odds on Belvo, Mary's and 'Rock, not to mention Michael's plummet overnight!

That said I really hope it's spoof would be awful for such a talented player to miss out on the cup.
    It's a spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aiden7

Yeah very impressive, he was eligible for 19's and was called up to play 20's and was their captain. Jacob Walsh is also down there in CCR who has played Connacht A already.

That is good going alright, what positions do Sean O'Brien and Jacob Walsh play?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

O'Brien is an 8 and Jacob is a prop. Both played for Ireland last year, Sean for the schools U18 and Jacob for the U18 Clubs. They are both very high on the national radar I would say

fox_1973 wrote: »
    It's a spoof

Is the Ross Byrne story also a spoof?

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Is the Ross Byrne story also a spoof?

Yeah apparently so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Anybody know when do the odds come out for the cup?
    Who is your predictions?

O'Brien also plays at 6 and in the second row. Great player. With Walsh, Heffernan, Molony and O'Brien in the pack, and unless someone can fully confirm that the Hellesoe story was false, Crea look like they have the best pack in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Laird

When the draw is made next week, Paddy Power will offer odds on all teams.

smurphy69 wrote: »
    Anybody know when do the odds come out for the cup?
    Who is your predictions?

It's very hard to predict this year with the draw being done the way it is. I presume it's being changed because of the lopsided nature of the last few draws. Judging by the comments on here there seems to be 4 or 5 schools who could win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

O'Brien also plays at 6 and in the second row. Great player. With Walsh, Heffernan, Molony and O'Brien in the pack, and unless someone can fully confirm that the Hellesoe story was false, Crea look like they have the best pack in the competition.

It's false. The 6th years started it for the craic and it worked very well

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

http://youtu.be/DYWLvQG-RjI
    http://youtu.be/ttqGRnZZErY

Two more clips from gonzage pres game - watch the big prop!

Looking back at teh game i also noticed that this ref constantly reset scrums, sometimes up to four times in a row. Isnt there a policy of calling free kicks when scrum malfunctions?

its_phil wrote: »
    It's false. The 6th years started it for the craic and it worked very well

Disaster I was looking forward to him

http://youtu.be/DYWLvQG-RjI
    http://youtu.be/ttqGRnZZErY

Two more clips from gonzage pres game - watch the big prop!

Looking back at teh game i also noticed that this ref constantly reset scrums, sometimes up to four times in a row. Isnt there a policy of calling free kicks when scrum malfunctions?

yeah that prop sure looks like a handful,any idea who he is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Marks in the centre for gonzaga looks like a serious player,scored a fantastic try in that game aginst pres.One to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement