Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Apologies so they did. Apart from beating Terenure on the opening day 'Michaels results have been very patchy.
    It has been very patchy to say the very least. Dominated Terenure a few months ago, then won a few games up until Blackrock turned them over. I know that Clongowes have played most of their games with their full side, but I'm fairly certain St. Michaels have yet to field near their strongest 15. Is the cup draw this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster5 wrote: »
    It has been very patchy to say the very least. Dominated Terenure a few months ago, then won a few games up until Blackrock turned them over. I know that Clongowes have played most of their games with their full side, but I'm fairly certain St. Michaels have yet to field near their strongest 15. Is the cup draw this week ?

The draw is tomorrow.

The draw is tomorrow.
    Thanks. Just hope the two top teams don't draw each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Thanks. Just hope the two top teams don't draw each other.
    Terenure and.......

funtime93 wrote: »
    Terenure and.......
    St. Michaels. Sadly Clongowes will have to wait another year as they aren't good enough but Rock could be dark horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

St. Michaels. Sadly Clongowes will have to wait another year as they aren't good enough but Rock could be dark horses.
    Michaels have done very little to assume the mantle of joint-favourites.Everybody is talking them up but they have been very average when I have seen them.I rate Rock ahead of them at least.

I would say that 'Michaels are still favourites based on their interprovicial representation and their experience of winning the cup last year. Apparently they have had alot of injuries. But the same happened last year-patchy friendly season punctauted by injuries-very lucky to survive the first round but then a favourable draw followed by a big performance in the final and deserved winners. Having said that-Terenure do look very strong and seem to be having luck with having very few injuries.

funtime93 wrote: »
    Michaels have done very little to assume the mantle of joint-favourites.Everybody is talking them up but they have been very average when I have seen them.I rate Rock ahead of them at least.
    Well they are the only team to dominate Terenure. And like last year, their pre-season has been destroyed by injuries. Was told they were missing 7 starting players for the Blackrock game . While with Clongowes, I've seen them play 3 times this year and they clearly aren't good enough. While Rock have only had one impressive win to date against a injury ravaged St. Michaels, and could of lost to Belvedere.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Gd194 wrote: »
    as a neutral supporter i honestly would back roscrea, apparently they have 5 ireland players : Rory moloney, sean o brien, cormac brennan, oisin heffernan, and ed o donovan who is really the most underrated player in the competition some say, saw them hammering cbc at the start of the season

Well it's clear you're obviously not a neutral supporter, but Crea are a great side.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Realistically, 5 ireland players means very little in a 15 man game. You can be sure that although the big sides may not have 5 players of that quality, the team will be stronger and thats the difference in the cup. Individuals can only bring you so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

League final is in Donnybrook at 2.30 on Wednesday according to the Gonzaga website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Anyone know what time draw is on tomorrow?

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

easy peasy wrote: »
    Realistically, 5 ireland players means very little in a 15 man game. You can be sure that although the big sides may not have 5 players of that quality, the team will be stronger and thats the difference in the cup. Individuals can only bring you so far.

Well Cormac Brennan,Heffernan and O'Donovan haven't actually represented the country yet so aren't "Ireland" players. I agree with easy

smurphy69 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time draw is on tomorrow?

Usually 6 or 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 c-2the-d

not as much build up to the draw this year i see, because of the new system. A draw after every round takes away from the whole thing i think. Any word on who is making the draw?

c-2the-d wrote: »
    not as much build up to the draw this year i see, because of the new system. A draw after every round takes away from the whole thing i think. Any word on who is making the draw?

Usually a player who went through the cup like Healy or Kearney etc

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

BigDLock wrote: »
    At the Roscrea game today, brilliant game! both sides were strong, with roscrea being the more physically dominant team , up front and even behind! newbridge very very quick and fast flowing game, some quality players and very jinky/steppy players! saying this Roscrea are a powerhouse and I think are up there with Terenure/rock/michaels! There in the leauge final without there ireland 19's captain! Should be a great match between Zaga and Ros ! Moneys on Roscrea though! Very strong upfront 4 ireland players in the pack and 1 in the backs!

I think it will be very close but my money's on Gonzage; I think they are better in defense, and possibly have more composure, though i haven't seen the roscrea at full strength (i'm michaels/roscrea myself; my son plays for pres) .

http://youtu.be/KFGaX6-HmJc - most of th rest of the pres roscrea match is on the same channel....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MacNaBola_94Xx

My money is on Terenure , Billy's looking sweet this year! , hope they get a good draw ill be watching live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enigma625

St.Michael's v Castleknock
    Terenure v Belvedere
    Blackrock v Gonzaga
    Roscrea v Qualifier 1
    Mary's v CBC
    Clongowes v Qualifier 2
    Pres Bray v Kilkenny
    Kings Hos v Newbridge

disappointing that none of the top teams will clash to start things off with a bang, but still a lovely even draw. This year is ticking all the boxes for one to be remembered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Pres v Kilkenny
    Clongowes v Q2

KH v Newbridge
    Belvo v Nure

CCR v Q1
    Michaels v Knock

Marys v CBC
    Blackrock v Zaga

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enigma625

oh and the jct for those interested:

A: Blackrock College v Qualifier 1
    B: Clongowes Wood College SJ v St. Michael's College
    C: St. Mary's College v The Kings Hospital
    D: Belvedere College SJ v Kilkenny College
    E: C.C. Roscrea v St. Gerard's School
    F: Terenure College v Gonzaga College SJ
    G: CBC Monkstown v Castleknock College
    H: Qualifier 2 v Newbridge College

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Who does Qualifier 1 & 2 look like being?
    In senior

I suppose Terenure v Belvedere is the pick of the ties. Terenure won the friendly between the sides 34-5. Interesting that the only two schools Terenure haven't beaten play each other-'Michaels and Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I suppose Terenure v Belvedere is the pick of the ties. Terenure won the friendly between the sides 34-5. Interesting that the only two schools Terenure haven't beaten play each other-'Michaels and Castleknock.

I was just thinking the exact same!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Cwc and Mary's would be laughing if it was in the old format!

easy peasy wrote: »
    Cwc and Mary's would be laughing if it was in the old format!

Dont' think so. This is the official order...

A: Pres. Bray v Kilkenny College
    B: Clongowes Wood College SJ v Qualifier 2
    C: The King's Hospital v Newbridge College
    D: Terenure College v Belvedere College SJ
    E: St. Michael's College v Castleknock College
    F: C.C. Roscrea v Qualifier 1
    G: St. Mary's College v CBC Monkstown
    H: Blackrock College v Gonzaga College SJ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Will Kilkenny beat Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

vinnie murray is a tasty draw this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 slackers88

Will Kilkenny beat Bray?
    From what i know of both teams there of a similar standard and both of them will fancy their chances of winning. Don't know who will win, but both will be happy with the draw the best outcome, bar drawing one of the qualifiers, for each of them....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement