Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cup13

Is winner from vinnie murray qualifier 1 or 2? Qualifier 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Cup13 wrote: »
    Is winner from vinnie murray qualifier 1 or 2? Qualifier 1?

Qualifier 2 should be Gerard's I'd say. Not sure about the other side!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Dont' think so. This is the official order...

A: Pres. Bray v Kilkenny College
    B: Clongowes Wood College SJ v Qualifier 2
    C: The King's Hospital v Newbridge College
    D: Terenure College v Belvedere College SJ
    E: St. Michael's College v Castleknock College
    F: C.C. Roscrea v Qualifier 1
    G: St. Mary's College v CBC Monkstown
    H: Blackrock College v Gonzaga College SJ

My apologies, i thought the post above was the correct order.
    I almost wish they had kept it as it was, very even draw. Would expect 4 big teams in the semi's if it was this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gd194

my predicitions are: A:kilkenny
    B:clongowes
    C:KH
    D:terenure
    E:michaels
    f:Roscrea
    g:marys
    H:Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Dont' think so. This is the official order...

A: Pres. Bray v Kilkenny College
    B: Clongowes Wood College SJ v Qualifier 2
    C: The King's Hospital v Newbridge College
    D: Terenure College v Belvedere College SJ
    E: St. Michael's College v Castleknock College
    F: C.C. Roscrea v Qualifier 1
    G: St. Mary's College v CBC Monkstown
    H: Blackrock College v Gonzaga College SJ

Great draw, love to see some upsets there at the bottom with Gonzaga and Rock and with Belvo and Nure. Very balanced draw. Everyones harping on about how Nure deserve the cup and how they should win it; on the day, if they get beaten, its not a bad thing for the competition, it really throws it wide open and really hope to see some serious games this year come the New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

easy peasy wrote: »
    My apologies, i thought the post above was the correct order.
    I almost wish they had kept it as it was, very even draw. Would expect 4 big teams in the semi's if it was this way.

the way people are talking I don't think they realise the format is different this year? theres a draw after each round,the order means nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

the way people are talking I don't think they realise the format is different this year? theres a draw after each round,the order means nothing

Ye i'm aware of that, what I was saying is that if it was in the old format, it would have made for a very even draw all the way to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Think it's a very good draw. Belvedere vs Terenure will be a very close match, even if Terenure beat them well in pre-season. Michaels vs Castleknock will be a good match, but I'd fancy Michaels. And 'Zaga vs Blackrock will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RugbyMan10

I think the 'Zaga 'Rock match will be the best chance of a shock result. I don't think Belvo have any chance at all against Terenure though. Belvo side are decent at best and if 'Nure get O'Neill back in time him and Brewer will destroy Belvo centres

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Terenure beat Belvedere 34-5 and if memory serves me right Dardis did not play in that match. Can't see anything but a convincing Terenure win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

No talk of Castleknock upsetting Michaels?They had a very formidable junior side 3 years ago and i think they could catch Michaels on the hop a la Roscrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Belvo very unfortunate to land Terenure 1st round with so many easy fixtures going a begging!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HRB

will the odds for the cup be going up soon???

funtime93 wrote: »
    No talk of Castleknock upsetting Michaels?They had a very formidable junior side 3 years ago and i think they could catch Michaels on the hop a la Roscrea.

Yeah they had a very big junior side who put nearly 40 points on Gonzaga in the cup.. Gonzaga in turn beat them last week 12 7. Yeah it's doubtful but I wouldn't rule it out,anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonjo89

Watch out for Rock...have a formidable pack. They dominated Clongowes and Michaels in recent games which they won. They only lost one game away to Terenure and did not have powerhouse Lawton at 12 and fleetfooted Tynan at 13 that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

jonjo89 wrote: »
    Watch out for Rock...have a formidable pack. They dominated Clongowes and Michaels in recent games which they won.

based on past cup runs , i know who I'd put my money on against zaga - zaga have an excellent out half , not sure what pack is like - i always think with a good one to ten - you can win cup

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lad95

Watch out for Rock...have a formidable pack. They dominated Clongowes and Michaels in recent games which they won. They only lost one game away to Terenure and did not have powerhouse Lawton at 12 and fleetfooted Tynan at 13 that day.

Rock lost early on to kilkenny, both without interpros. Would still agree they had a lot of players come back into the pack and it does look a big force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonjo89

Rock had mix of 1sts and 2nds that day.....far from starting 15 !! They do have 5 or 6 interpros....Rock, Coughlan, Timoney, Tynan, O Flynn and I think Jaeger...

Rock had mix of 1sts and 2nds that day.....far from starting 15 !! They do have 5 or 6 interpros....Rock, Coughlan, Timoney, Tynan, O Flynn and I think Jaeger...

What age grade was Rock? He definitely wasn't 18's or 19's this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dev5976

FatFosi12 wrote: »

What age grade was Rock? He definitely wasn't 18's or 19's this year.

I've heard that he's been brought into the Ireland set-up, based on performances. I'm guessing its at u19 level but i'm not certain.

• Advertisement

Dev5976 wrote: »
    I've heard that he's been brought into the Ireland set-up, based on performances. I'm guessing its at u19 level but i'm not certain.

Biggest lie I've ever heard. No need for this on a thread about the Senior Cup.

hear hear fatfosi! Lets leave this speculative rumours for the glossy dentists waiting room magazines a la Hello and Heat

Really??? Ok then, I won't share what I've heard.

Just to clarify, I'm saying the Ireland u19's not Ireland clearly!!

Dev5976 wrote: »
    Really??? Ok then, I won't share what I've heard.

Just to clarify, I'm saying the Ireland u19's not Ireland clearly!!

The only player that I know of that played for Ireland without playing representative beforehand was Barry Daly. I'd be very surprised to see Rock doing something similar. Unless we are very stuck for scrum halves at 19's level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tony Ward has Terenure as favourites in his article this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The only player that I know of that played for Ireland without playing representative beforehand was Barry Daly. I'd be very surprised to see Rock doing something similar. Unless we are very stuck for scrum halves at 19's level.

In fairness, he looks to be keeping Ruairi O'Farrell out of the Rock team.

Hagz wrote: »
    In fairness, he looks to be keeping Ruairi O'Farrell out of the Rock team.

He also kept out Angus Lloyd in 2011, so he has to be good.

He also kept out Angus Lloyd in 2011, so he has to be good.

Started in 2011 ahead of Angus Lloyd a 19s rep,then didn't make the bench last year if I remember correctly? Maybe he was a replacement but he didn't start

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Actually, he was called into Ireland u18 schools squad in Clongowes back in October!!!!! (Not seen in Hello magazine either)

• Advertisement

Oldboy 92 wrote: »

Actually, he was called into Ireland u18 schools squad in Clongowes back in October!!!!! (Not seen in Hello magazine either)

Thanks...didn't take too kindly to being considered the deliverer of the biggest lie ever on this site!

Charlie Rock is an excellent player and captain of Blackrock seniors this year. Don't think it's that outrageous that he's in a national squad. Sorry I got my ages wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement