Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

its_phil wrote: »
    It's false. The 6th years started it for the craic and it worked very well

Certainly had me fooled!

yeah that prop sure looks like a handful,any idea who he is?

Lad called Byrne, head coaches son.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

FatFosi12 wrote: »

Lad called Byrne, head coaches son.

Robert Byrne.
    In 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Terenure v Monkstown tomorrow, kick off at 12 in Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Terenure v Monkstown tomorrow, kick off at 12 in Terenure

Is there a full team playing do you know?

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Is there a full team playing do you know?

I think so, havent heard of any major injury worries unless Dardis is still out following his mouth injury at the Mary's game

I think so, havent heard of any major injury worries unless Dardis is still out following his mouth injury at the Mary's game

OK cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gronk

few positional changes for terenure

Terenure beat CBC Monkstown 49-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Blackrock v crescent comp junior result??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Terenure beat CBC Monkstown 49-0.

Wow. Very impressive win. Terenure really stepping it up before the cup. Was it even a full team out?

Wow. Very impressive win. Terenure really stepping it up before the cup. Was it even a full team out?

It was a strong team out alright. They were still missing their first choice half backs who are both Leinster interpro's. Made a raft of subs just after HT which didn't seem to weaken them at all. Dardis was fantastic at FB as usual.

It was a strong team out alright. They were still missing their first choice half backs who are both Leinster interpro's. Made a raft of subs just after HT which didn't seem to weaken them at all. Dardis was fantastic at FB as usual.
    Dardis and brewer were really impressive to watch today

Dardis and brewer were really impressive to watch today

You would wonder about the quality of the opposition though. I really hope Terenure have a few close tough matches between now and the cup.

Who are these half backs, O'Neill and Schmidt/Clarkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Paddy Thornton at 7 is very underrated, one to look out for i think

Who are these half backs, O'Neill and Schmidt/Clarkin?

Yes. Clarkin started today. No sign of Schmidt.-I'd say he's gone to the match tomorrow.

You would wonder about the quality of the opposition though. I really hope Terenure have a few close tough matches between now and the cup.
    Very true, and I know they were hoping to get a good game from monkstown today, wasn't the case. I'm not sure about any big competition matches between now and cup, hopefully they will line something up for over Christmas

Yes. Clarkin started today. No sign of Schmidt.-I'd say he's gone to the match tomorrow.

How was Clarkin? Was he playing 9 or 10?

How was Clarkin? Was he playing 9 or 10?

He was playing 9. Then they brought on Weakliam-last years starting scrum half who seems to be third in the pecking order.

• Advertisement

He was playing 9. Then they brought on Weakliam-last years starting scrum half who seems to be third in the pecking order.

Weakliam is repeating sixth year in Terenure and is still underage obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 neiliog93

Anyone have any updated information on how the "Big 6" have gotten on against each other?

I know that Rock have only lost one game this season, (37-20 vs Terenure) including a fixture against one of the big New Zealand schools on tour. But beyond that, I know little of recent results.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

neiliog93 wrote: »
    Anyone have any updated information on how the "Big 6" have gotten on against each other?

I know that Rock have only lost one game this season, (37-20 vs Terenure) including a fixture against one of the big New Zealand schools on tour. But beyond that, I know little of recent results.

Depend's who the big 6 now are??????

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Oldboy 92 wrote: »
    Depend's who the big 6 now are??????

The big 6 are still the big 6: Terenure, Blackrock, Belvedere, Clongowes, Mary's and Michael's.

neiliog93 wrote: »

'Michaels have beaten Terenure, Belvedere and Clongowes
    'Rock have beaten 'Michaels, Clongowes and Belvedere
    'Marys have beaten 'Michaels and Clongowes
    Terenure have beaten 'Rock, Clongowes, 'Marys and Belvedere.

Not sure about 'Rock v Marys, Belvedere v Clongowes, Mary's v Belvedere.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Michaels drew with clongowes.

There's been very little talk about Clongowes, but I have heard that they will be stronger next year for their bi-centenary. However, can't really write them off.

easy peasy wrote: »
    Michaels drew with clongowes.

There's been very little talk about Clongowes, but I have heard that they will be stronger next year for their bi-centenary. However, can't really write them off.

Apologies so they did. Apart from beating Terenure on the opening day 'Michaels results have been very patchy.

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

Paddy Thornton at 7 is very underrated, one to look out for i think

Paddy Thornton is an absolutely quality player,much better than Jack O'Neill in my opinion

• Advertisement

Paddy Thornton is an absolutely quality player,much better than Jack O'Neill in my opinion

I'd completely agree if I'm honest. The style of Thornton is a grafter who's always on the shoulder of the attacker, and a good scavenger on the deck too. O'Neill is a patchy player I think and leaks penalties on the deck. A liability for a yellow card in big games. Also hasn't really performed on the big stage yet, was made look like one of the most ordinary players on the pitch for Bryan Byrnes try against Knock in the quarters last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement