Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And so it begins...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In one way Obama had the spectre of the Capitol Hill vetoes hanging over him, both houses are in republican control at this time so Trump can do as he pleases for now.

So there's no debate in Trumps case but he'd probably get his way in any case while Obama wouldn't have gotten his way so he had to, ye that's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Memnoch wrote: »
    It's the bigots who need 'safe spaces.' Crying 'PC' every two seconds when people call them out for their deplorable attitudes.

^^^^^ Triggered.

I wouldn't go dropping the word 'deplorable' into the mix if I was you.
    Someone recently used it to describe anyone who had the temerity to support her political opponent.

Not very democratic.

This report doesn't exist because nobody gets refused. Nobody gets refused because at most we only cross reference these people against photographs and files on known Syrian members of ISIS.

This is simply untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Trump would not be my favourite person, whether as president or anywhere else.

But he put himself forward for the top job. Took the abuse that goes with that, and won.

Enough people voted for him to win. I have no doubt some were nuts, as were some who voted for Clinton. But there were too many votes there for him to be written off as in some way illegitimate. Yes, I know that Clinton got more votes overall. That is a statistical quirk that can happen in any democracy, including ours. Trump won within the rules of the system they have there.

He is now President. It doesn't matter whether we like it or not, it's a done deal. We have to learn to live with it.

"And so it begins..." Of course it does. What else might happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is it possible he might get friendlier as time goes on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Where did he say he was banning Muslims?

You have a point alright, he's only banning immigrants from arab countries where he doesn't have big business interests in. Apart from his policies he is as ignorant and crude an individual as I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

But he put himself forward for the top job. Took the abuse that goes with that, and won.
    He is now President. It doesn't matter whether we like it or not, it's a done deal. We have to learn to live with it.

There's a huge proportion of US population that have really lost out in the last 20 years and have been repeatedly ignored by their governments.

Trump saw them and gave them the attention they wanted and won the election based on that. You can argue about "popular vote" or election rigging and all that, but he won.
    I have to say he played the media beautifully. They were so wrapped up in talking about his orange skin, small hands and pussy talk that they never bothered to promote any other candidate. He's like Michael O'Leary, the only bad media is no media.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If only some of the usuals on here would get so animated by drink driving, the state of our roads the funding of mental health the funding of health services in general as they do about refugees and people of different ethnic backgrounds they might have an actual impact on the the things that kill our citizens rather than the threat of dying in a euro millions odds event of a terrorist threat.

Interesting stat I read yesterday. You have more a chance of being killed by your own clothes in the united states than a terror attack.

Now there is a stat for all you right wing nut jobs with your faceless irrational perspectives.

Get a grip.

In one way Obama had the spectre of the Capitol Hill vetoes hanging over him, both houses are in republican control at this time so Trump can do as he pleases for now.

Obama had two years of a house and senate majority and oversaw the destruction of the Democrats from that high point.

listermint wrote: »
    Interesting stat I read yesterday. You have more a chance of being killed by your own clothes in the united states than a terror attack.

Now there is a stat for all you right wing nut jobs with your faceless irrational perspectives.

Get a grip.

You have about the same odds of being nominated for a Darwin Award than killed by a terrorist.
    It's ridiculous the amount of attention these "terrorists" actually get, which just amplifies their cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Enough people voted for him to win. I have no doubt some were nuts, as were some who voted for Clinton. But there were too many votes there for him to be written off as in some way illegitimate. Yes, I know that Clinton got more votes overall. That is a statistical quirk that can happen in any democracy, including ours. Trump won within the rules of the system they have there.

"And so it begins..." Of course it does. What else might happen?

I don't think you know what statistics are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't need another bloody Trump thread there is already one out there, Hail to the chief.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

To be fair Merkel long ago erased the word safe from Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Which is why I always laugh when people say things like "that's what you get for voting for FG and FF again and again". As if to insinuate we actually have a credible opposition party in this country to vote for!!!

Spot on.

Who else do we vote for, SF AAA and tax dodger Mick.

That would be a great Government if we wanted to live like they used to in Russia back in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's a temporary measure, 120 days which in the grand scheme of things is nothing.

He made no secret of what he was going to do during the election campaign and that's what he was voted in on.

I wonder would he take back Katherine Zappone?

That's one yank we could do without here in our country.

It's a temporary measure, 120 days which in the grand scheme of things is nothing.

He made no secret of what he was going to do during the election campaign and that's what he was voted in on.

'its only' turns into for ever.

If this plank is not tackled on the smaller things it gives him a queue to go ahead with larger scale unadulterated nonsense.

The apathy to his crap is more dangerous early on.

that is the long and short of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

listermint wrote: »
    'its only' turns into for ever.

If this plank is not tackled on the smaller things it gives him a queue to go ahead with larger scale unadulterated nonsense.

The apathy to his crap is more dangerous early on.

that is the long and short of it.

Didn't Obama line this thing up before he was replaced? Why do you think there was little government opposition to it? Because it was already approved. You really think Trump came up with this idea on a whim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

People cultivated By political correctness will never get anywhere, they're weak, childish, irrational, and unhinged. A lot of them are suffering from psychosis, they've lost it.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Didn't Obama line this thing up before he was replaced? Why do you think there was little government opposition to it? Because it was already approved. You really think Trump came up with this idea on a whim?

I do , yes. He has filled his advisors with idiot and right wing loopers. The past week is basically the musings of this group of people. Its not all him.

People cultivated By political correctness will never get anywhere, they're weak, childish, irrational, and unhinged. A lot of them are suffering from psychosis, they've lost it.

that goes both ways:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Lol. Trump isn't the president America wanted but he's definitely the president they deserve :D
    eeguy wrote: »
    that goes both ways:

eeguy wrote: »
    that goes both ways:

Don't you know they're all plants. There's no bad trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Every Trump supporter I've met is a complete idiot and/or racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Can't see him taking her back, especially as she is Canadian!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are pathetic, hyperbolic, over reactions of childish keyboard warriors. The man is no more or less dangerous than any of his predecessors or indeed the proposed alternatives when it comes to the long term safety and welfare of the world.

Laughable how personally some of the ranters on this side of the world are taking this. Obama was going to change the world not nine years ago and yet here we are.

Utter drivel in this thread. Great laugh reading some of the scaremongering tripe being posted though. Weak minded crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

rachb wrote: »
    The world has been a lot less safer place since we let in all the undocumented economic migrants into Europe.

This is spot on. Merkel is to blame for this. Trump is responding to her actions in Europe. It is mainly because of her which is why the UK is leaving the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭C. Montgomery Gurns

bubblypop wrote: »
    This is simply untrue

Is it?

How many people did we refuse admission to?

It is statistically IMPOSSIBLE that 600 Irish people would be able to apply for work visas for, say, Australia, that require a Garda check, and every one of them would get granted. So how many Syrians have been turned down by our rigorous screening programme?

This is spot on. Merkel is to blame for this. Trump is responding to her actions in Europe. It is mainly because of her which is why the UK is leaving the EU.

So you're saying that Trump has banned all refugees because Merkel let in loads. And that if Merkel hadn't done that, Trump would be allowing in refugees.

Is it?

How many people did we refuse admission to?

It is statistically IMPOSSIBLE that 600 Irish people would be able to apply for work visas for, say, Australia, that require a Garda check, and every one of them would get granted. So how many Syrians have been turned down by our rigorous screening programme?

You're right, Ireland has never ever ever refused someone asylum. Simply never happened. Except for all the times it did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭C. Montgomery Gurns

LOL :pac:

I like the girl saying "thank god it's legal to get ****ing high". Looking in her eyes and general appearance I'm wondering what state legalised heroin lately.:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement