Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And so it begins...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

pablo128 wrote: »
    Fcuking idiots over there. They blow places to pieces all over the world in the guise of liberating these countries, and when they democratically elect a President in their own country they go into meltdown.

Only really since social media gave them a area to idealise. And then taking over college campuses creating so called “safe spaces”. It's all very surreal. V for Vendetta being used as a battle cry. It was a great film and very poignant but the USA is not even close to the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Most people here wouldn't know where annascull is;)

All the better! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Only really since social media gave them a area to idealise. And then taking over college campuses creating so called “safe spaces”. It's all very surreal. V for Vendetta being used as a battle cry. It was a great film and very poignant but the USA is not even close to the universe.

Their insanity is becoming very apparent. They are unraveling.

Funny and sad at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

More idiotic scaremongering. The Obama regime dropped 72 bombs a day on the Middle East and northern Africa and deported more illegal immigrants (over 2.5 million) than any previous US government but not a word of protest from the resident leftists here.:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

degsie wrote: »
    With Trump's executive order on Muslim immigration, his siding up with Russia and his spat with Mexico, alongside the UK turning its back on Europe, we are heading towards a darker place. The world seems a little less safe right now.

So would it be preferable to attempt to engage Russia in conflict as Bill Clinton's wife was proposing? Would the world be a safer place if the US government was currently implementing a no-fly zone and beginning the process of regime change in Syria???

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

I've never met Enda Kenny but I still think he's a twat.

I have, twice. He was absolutely charming, both times.

But I won't be subscribing. I've scanned the thread and there's a bit of a lack of
    Je suis Muslim
    about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

With Trump's executive order on Muslim immigration, his siding up with Russia and his spat with Mexico, alongside the UK turning its back on Europe, we are heading towards a darker place. The world seems a little less safe right now.

Really? The world didn't seem unsafe when shît was happening right on your doorstep across Europe. Under Obama I might add. But Trump is in power now and you feel unsafe? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I applaud the man! Doing exactly what he said he would do in his campaigns.

Now there's a novelty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭C. Montgomery Gurns

Sweden is very difficult to quantify as they have a broad definition of rape.

Stats for Germany:

rape and aggravated sexual coercion (Sects. 177 (2, 3 and 4), 178 PC) (2015) 7,022 (2014) 7,345 (Differance) -323

No published stats for 2016 as far as I can see.

This from the law enforcement of a country who, after the Munich attacks attempted to cover up the religion of the attacker, deleted his Facebook, the motivation behind the attacks (a Muslim of immigrant origin inspired by Anders Brevik. Jesus wept) and possibly covered up the involvement of other gunmen in the attacks.

I'll take their stats with a pinch of salt thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

mad muffin wrote:
    Really? The world didn't seem unsafe when shît was happening right on your doorstep across Europe. Under Obama I might add. But Trump is in power now and you feel unsafe?

With a slight advancement of the doomsday clock, other experts seem to think so to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I didn't see lefties up in arms when the women of Cologne were assaulted by the people they want to let into Europe, sure the poster boy for the left Liam Cunningham said it was "anecdotal".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I heard the same crap , in hindsight from the same sort of people when Reagan & thatcher were in power.

I still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

I've never met a Trump supporter in real life. At least one who'll openly admit to being one. It's very strange to see the conviction of posters on here who defend and cheer his every misstep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 TheRa

Trump chose those countries because Obama already put them on a list as high risk and Congress approved them as high risk. As a result the bill already had force of law behind it.

You can read about it here: http:// www. nationalreview. com/article/444371/donald-trump-executive-order-ban-entry-seven-muslim-majority-countries-legal

Panrich wrote:
    I've never met a Trump supporter in real life. At least one who'll openly admit to being one. It's very strange to see the conviction of posters on here who defend and cheer his every misstep.

Oh I have, an Irish person that travelled to America to campaign for him. Plenty of supporters there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭mulbot

rachb wrote: »
    No I don't disagree with you but no attack will ever compare to the 9/11 attack where nearly 3000 innocent people died in 1 attack. That was a rare occurance but it was the biggest terrorist attack in history.

Some might argue the illegal slaughtering of over a million Iraqi people was the biggest terrorist attack in history!!!

eeguy wrote: »
    As I've said before, the Bataclan attack made world headlines. The worst attack on Framce since WW2. An attack carried out by Belgians and French nationals on the French. 2 of 8 terrorists were non European. In terms of death, more people died on French roads in the 4 weeks leading up to the attack. Over 90% of the people inside the Bataclan escaped. Some though there was a fire, not an attack, yet it led to huge crackdowns and hatred towards immigrants who had zero to do with it.

They were all of a recent immigrant background, were they not? Either first or second generation and then the main man was shielded by the predominantly immigrant community of Molenbeek in Belgium.

Doesn't bode well for the future.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    With a slight advancement of the doomsday clock, other experts seem to think so to!

Alleged experts…

I didn't see lefties up in arms when the women of Cologne were assaulted by the people they want to let into Europe, sure the poster boy for the left Liam Cunningham said it was "anecdotal".

Did he actually say that? Wow.

mad muffin wrote:
    Alleged experts…

What's the criteria for expert status? They're good enough in my estimation

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the criteria for expert status? They're good enough in my estimation

Who made them experts? What's their qualifications? Political leanings? Who are they? What qualifies the extra half minute? Are they against America and Russia resuming relations?

mad muffin wrote:
    Who made them experts? What's their qualifications? Political leanings? Who are they? What qualifies the extra half minute? Are they against America and Russia resuming relations?

Don't know the answers to your questions but if they're good enough for somebody like noam chomsky, they're good enough for me. I'm sure some googling will fill in the blanks for both of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I think with the US and the UK's reorganisation of their foreign policies and security, The EU as a whole need to do the same thing.

With the Elections in France, Germany, Holland and so on coming up, The EU will collapse quickly if Immigration is not top priority in Brussels in 2017

With the Elections in France, Germany, Holland and so on coming up, The EU will collapse quickly if Immigration is not top priority in Brussels in 2017

You may be asking and expecting a lot from our leaders, don't get your hopes up and be prepared for a collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I can't wait to hear the outrage from people when Trump decides to kick out the so called 'undocumented irish' or as most people in Europe call these type of people 'economic immigrants'.
    I still can't get over Irish TD's fussing over them and yet denying the very same to those in Direct Provision here in Ireland. It's completely 2 faced.
    Now I'm not saying that Trump should throw them out...I can't blame any of them for going to the US when this country was in the pits but we're very 2 faced about it. When the Celtic Tiger was in working in pubs, MacDonals, Supermacs etc was all considered beneath us and the foreign works who came here were happy to take these jobs. Then the recession came in and all of a sudden it was they took our jobs.

Blazer wrote:
    I can't wait to hear the outrage from people when Trump decides to kick out the so called 'undocumented irish' or as most people in Europe call these type of people 'economic immigrants'. I still can't get over Irish TD's fussing over them and yet denying the very same to those in Direct Provision here in Ireland. It's completely 2 faced. Now I'm not saying that Trump should throw them out...I can't blame any of them for going to the US when this country was in the pits but we're very 2 faced about it. When the Celtic Tiger was in working in pubs, MacDonals, Supermacs etc was all considered beneath us and the foreign works who came here were happy to take these jobs. Then the recession came in and all of a sudden it was they took our jobs.

Some have been there years, even decades. Many married with kids etc. Gonna get very messy

Blazer wrote: »
    I can't wait to hear the outrage from people when Trump decides to kick out the so called 'undocumented irish' or as most people in Europe call these type of people 'economic immigrants'.

Is there some sort of willfull blindness assocated with Trump? Like, a sort of ability to block out what Trump says and does?

Trump has pledged to hunt down illegals with criminal records who should have been deported but due to the insane policies of some cities were released from county jails having completed their sentences. He is not throwing out each and every illegal

Trump never boasted of sexually assaulting anyone. He boasted about groupies throwing themselves at him. Consensually.

Trump has never publicly uttered a racist comment.

The "Muslim ban" is, at the moment, temporary. It has been temporary since the day in late 2015 when he called for the ban, when he said, and I quote, that there would need to be a ban until they figured out what exactly was going on. It is a temporary ban while the screening procedures are reviewed. Here in Ireland we don't have a screening procedure for these admissions. If we did have a screening procedure the government should be able to provide evidence of how many Syrians were denied entry- it is nigh on impossible that out of several hundred Syrians "vetted" that a handful would not hold a significant criminal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

eeguy wrote: »
    There's a weird disassociate humans make on things that kill us.
    Disease, suicide, car crashes, work accidents, attacks from our own people and on and on, yet we fixate on immigrants, even though they do statistically insignificant damage to our societies.

As I've said before, the Bataclan attack made world headlines. The worst attack on Framce since WW2. An attack carried out by Belgians and French nationals on the French. 2 of 8 terrorists were non European. In terms of death, more people died on French roads in the 4 weeks leading up to the attack. Over 90% of the people inside the Bataclan escaped. Some though there was a fire, not an attack, yet it led to huge crackdowns and hatred towards immigrants who had zero to do with it.

I think the world has gone mad with their fear of terrorism. I think media portrays it as much worse than it actually is. We have irish lads with 100s of convictions terrorising us and not a word said, while 24 hour coverage about all the "hidden terrorists" among the refugees. A grand claim to make, since either can't be proven right or wrong.

I hate to Godwin the thread but i find it so hypocritical when people say "Oh we'd never let atrocities like the holocaust happen again" when we have hundreds of thousands killed in Syria, millions fleeing and people just don't want to know.

I agree that fear mongering associated with terrorism levels in Europe is unwarranted. But please stop trying to make light of the fact or normalise hundreds of people being gunned down on the streets of Paris , its very offensive to the victim's families. That should never be considered normal or just part of getting on with life. Regardless of how rare terrorist attacks are I think our collective shock and disgust at the events in Paris and disbelief that something like that could happen in one of the west's most major urban areas is quite justified

And how is the fact that 90% of the people in the Bataclan survived relevant or important in this discussion? Would our fear of such an attack occurring again only be warranted if 100% of the guests had been murdered???:confused:
    Again you are really playing down 90 innocent people being murdered and dismembered in a theatre
    And what difference does it make that they thought it was a fire? Pretty irrelevant seeing as it ****ing well wasnt a fire ,they were confused and scared ,again I don't understand why you even mentioned this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i don't see anythin wrong with what he's doing. a government should be looking out for and after their own country. isn't that part of why they're elected in the first place?

• Advertisement

i don't see anythin wrong with what he's doing. a government should be looking out for and after their own country. isn't that part of why they're elected in the first place?

Which is why I always laugh when people say things like "that's what you get for voting for FG and FF again and again". As if to insinuate we actually have a credible opposition party in this country to vote for!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement