Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

wat.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

gizmo wrote: »

wat.

Lu Bu better absolutely wreck lads, the monster hunter movie was ****e but ill probably watch this too funny to see them all getting movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

But....wouldnt a Dynasty Warriors film just be "Historical China Battle Film" :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    But....wouldnt a Dynasty Warriors film just be "Historical China Battle Film" :confused:

Ancient China had fewer special combos and less elemental damage output, AFAIK. AI was better as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just what china needs, another film about the unification of the three kingdoms into what would become modern china and using it as propaganda about how incredible china is if you follow the lead of the peoples party and their leader Xinny the pooh.

I wonder why they never make films or TV shows about their other great epic novel, The Water Margin, about an army formed by the people rising up against their government because they are a bunch or absolute cunts. Funny that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wonder why they never make films or TV shows about their other great epic novel, The Water Margin, about an army formed by the people rising up against their government because they are a bunch or absolute cunts. Funny that.

I'd love if that was the actual tagline for a movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I am soooo excited to watch that movie. It looks ridiculous, as it should!

I've been a massive fan of Dynasty Warriors since the humble 1v1 original.
    20210309-113853.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I am soooo excited to watch that movie. It looks ridiculous, as it should!

I've been a massive fan of Dynasty Warriors since the humble 1v1 original.
    image.png

Damn some collection

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Respect @GamerBhoy89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Absolutely legendary...

Is there a Computer Game music thread? If not there should be.

• Advertisement

I'll never miss an opportunity to post more game music. Far too many to link, but here are a few i love.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game music thread here, man so many great tunes!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057709797/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Damn some collection
    Parsnips wrote: »
    Respect @GamerBhoy89

Thank you :)

I also have DW8 and DW9 on PS4 (forgot to put them in the picture) and I own a few of the Samurai Warriors games. I just love that series so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Annapurna's vhs wall is pretty incredible.

https://twitter.com/A_i/status/1369412409438375940?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Game music thread here, man so many great tunes!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057709797/1

Some great posts in there. However, this is getting a repost...

"The Best Is Yet to Come" was written in Japanese by Rika Muranaka and translated into Irish by Bláthnaid Ní Chufaigh (from Echo Island?!?). The song was recorded at Beech Park Studio (Rathcoole, Dublin), Ireland, engineered by Philip Begley and produced by Muranaka. Declan Masterson, from Riverdance, performs some of the instrumentation.

I'm chuffed with the Irish connection I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Japanese Wind Waker Band Do Traditional Irish Music. Love this:

Thinking with all that sea shanty stuff recently ... Wind Waker could be very popular as a re-release :)

(edit) Throwing in Dragon Root Island too, picture quality 'aint great, but what a tune:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I want to replay Wind Waker now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

If anyone's interested I made a mix of some of my favourite video game tunes a few years ago. You can listen here: https://www.mixcloud.com/PlayerSelecta/player-selecta-vol1/

Featuring: Streets of rage, Rez, Metal Slug 3, Ocarina of Time, Hybrid Heaven, Space Harrier, Super Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Resident Evil 4, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Bloodborne

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing Loop Hero.

Loop Hero is truly excellent.

Don’t play Loop Hero before bed if you value sleep.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Playing Loop Hero.

Loop Hero is truly excellent.

Don’t play Loop Hero before bed if you value sleep.

That is all.

More importantly, how does it compare to Ace Combat 7?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    More importantly, how does it compare to Ace Combat 7?

Daredevil isn't in the OST so it's not as good by default.

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    If anyone's interested I made a mix of some of my favourite video game tunes a few years ago. You can listen here: https://www.mixcloud.com/PlayerSelecta/player-selecta-vol1/

Featuring: Streets of rage, Rez, Metal Slug 3, Ocarina of Time, Hybrid Heaven, Space Harrier, Super Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Resident Evil 4, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Bloodborne

Mario Galaxy soundtrack has to be on there ? Some of the best music every from start to finish in a video game, in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No discussion on best game music from now on can proceed without AstroBot and "I'm your GPU"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is great in its own right listening to it on YouTube, but in the final battle of the game with good headphones on, it’s gloriously atmospheric:

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Japanese Wind Waker Band Do Traditional Irish Music. Love this:

Thanks for posting these. I remember loving these versions, but hadn't heard them in ages.

Ori and the will of the wisps soundtrack ...

The FEELS !!!

If James Cameron put this stuff on a movie then RTE would even play it !

I think the second tune below made me buy an Xbox to play this game!
    (after having played the first and devs saying it could never work on Switch)

And then it came out on Switch anyway, at 60 FPS too :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Mario Galaxy soundtrack has to be on there ? Some of the best music every from start to finish in a video game, in my experience anyway.
    I made that mix years before I had the pleasure of playing Galaxy but yes, the music in Galaxy is wonderful!

The chillwave vibes of Paradise Killer's soundtrack recently were a pleasure to soak in while exploring the weirdo island. Would be something I'd happily throw on as background music anyway.

• Advertisement

Not only is Ace Combat 7 one of the best games in the last 5 years it's also got a god tier soundtrack:

Keiki Kobayashi's work on Ace Combat and the Armored Core series is so good. They actually delayed Ace Combat 7's release just so they could get that track into the game.

Advertisement