Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I don't know if the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack has ever been beaten imo.

Future Sound of London, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Fluke, Photek, Source Direct...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kuzo Koshiro didn't just do Streets of Rage Soundtracks:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't know if the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack has ever been beaten imo.

You are correct, it has not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

Watchdogs Legion

Borderlands 3 last DLC

I never heard about them before and they ended up in my spotify repeat playlist. I guess games are good for something after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Make a new Fight Night, ya bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    Make a new Fight Night, ya bastards.

EA just renewed their contract with UFC and even added some real boxers into latest UFC game so highly doubt a fight night will be made anytime soon.

Keep an eye on this though, looks class. eSports Boxing Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    EA just renewed their contract with UFC and even added some real boxers into latest UFC game so highly doubt a fight night will be made anytime soon.

Keep an eye on this though, looks class. eSports Boxing Club.

It's quaint, just box in VR :)

Bambi wrote: »
    It's quaint, just box in VR :)

That would mean leaving my default horizontal couch gaming position. Also sweating, yock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    No discussion on best game music from now on can proceed without AstroBot and "I'm your GPU"

Astros Playroom soundtrack now on Spotify
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5mVO2ZbuN7Cz6wgeyJPGLH?si=47CvXmyoTmWL_ckLX_VcVw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Never played the game but stumbled onto this and found it captivating.

Feel like necro'ing the soundtrack thread. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The music in Kentucky Route Zero is god-tier, but the way they unfold in-game are truly among the very best moments in all of games. There’s one in Act V which is particularly strange, devastating and beautiful all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's a pity Ace Combat didn't have more soundtrack and less dialogue to be fair. It's like what I imagine playing COD online with a bunch of 13 year olds is like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Adyx wrote: »
    It's a pity Ace Combat didn't have more soundtrack and less dialogue to be fair. It's like what I imagine playing COD online with a bunch of 13 year olds is like.

It's the greatest anime about fighter jets ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's fun but some sort of coherent story without the constant chatter would be nice. Everyone seems very hysterical (and not in the funny sense). I'm not even sure if the main character is male or female or what their name is. Project Wingman is a little better but less polished. I'd like something in between AC and DCS, maybe like a FreeSpace 2 based on Earth.

I'm not going to defend the story as it's pretty stupid!

I hear the older ones have great stories but then there's some awful ****e that passes for great videogame stories so I'll keep my judgement until I play them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ace Combat 4 had a good story, as it wasn't even really about the player character. Focused on a kid who was following around the player characters main nemesis (Yellow Squad), and about their lives during the war. The player character was only mentioned a few times.

Ace Combat 5 is one i remember as being brilliant, focusing on Wardog/Razgriz squad, and a big war, with some of the usual betrayals. Had some really good moments, and a really nice conclusion from what i remember. It's cheesy af, but its Ace Combat so of course it is. Also had the best overall soundtrack of them all for me.

Ace Combat Zero is the one i remember the least, but and focuses on looking back at the main characters battles against a series of other aces. Again, has all the tropes of an Ace Combat game, but that's what we all expect. It has my favourite piece of music from the entire series though.

Didn't touch 6, as the close quarter type engagements, and it looked awful. Playing through 7 at the moment as well.

Would love if they re-released them again on the PS5, as i'd love to play through them all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone had any joy getting a free Joycon repair from Nintendo for the drift issue, i was playing with my 6 year old and i noticed he struggled to turn his Minecraft character to the right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Vicxas wrote: »
    Has anyone had any joy getting a free Joycon repair from Nintendo for the drift issue, i was playing with my 6 year old and i noticed he struggled to turn his Minecraft character to the right.

I got a ‘free’ drift repair, but they did charge me to fix the slightly broken joycon rail at the same time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Ask on one of the Nintendo channels. Nintendo will have a lot of pissed off causal gamers and parents SWITCHing to PS and XBOX. Which is a shame, 'cause the have excellent first party games and hardware quality was generally very good up until these joy cons.

This makes me want to reinstall gta online to go drifting.

• Advertisement

I assumed there was some sort of firmware fix? We had really bad drift, mario would run around in a circle. But it went away. Its hardly ever played.much anymore to be honest so don't know if I can call it fixed for good. It either must come and go or they've done something somehow via firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Area 88?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Area 88?

you goin for some old school anime brownie points with that reference

I assumed there was some sort of firmware fix? We had really bad drift, mario would run around in a circle. But it went away. Its hardly ever played.much anymore to be honest so don't know if I can call it fixed for good. It either must come and go or they've done something somehow via firmware.

Maybe a deadzone thing. I have my Xbox controller deadzones set larger because of some drift.

The smart thing to do would be to check for what looks like drift and update the deadzones. Most gamers would never notice. I only notice it in Halo 3, which is impossible to be good at with big deadzones.

It’s much worse than just a dead zone issue. It’s a hardware fault, 100%, and has been an expensive headache for Nintendo by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,906 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It’s much worse than just a dead zone issue. It’s a hardware fault, 100%, and has been an expensive headache for Nintendo by all accounts.

Looks like Sony have it on the Dual Sense now as well with plenty of reports online popping up. Also starting to see similar for the Series X pad.

I'd imagine all the companies are using cheaper and lighter materials to keep the cost and weight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd imagine all the companies are using cheaper and lighter materials to keep the cost and weight down.

I think the issue has been significantly magnified after what happened with Nintendo too.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Area 88?

That's a deep cut but I'll give it to you. Awesome game as well (UN Squadron)
    Markitron wrote: »
    I think the issue has been significantly magnified after what happened with Nintendo too.

Apparently both Nintendo and Sony cheaped out with the same manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Apparently both Nintendo and Sony cheaped out with the same manufacturer.

Can't remember the video, but some lad did a tear down of the DualSense and why it might be drifting, but he mentioned the actuators are the same across Sony, MS and Nintendo. He had done a video on those actuators before too.

• Advertisement

Loving the look and sound of Genesis Noir - played the demo during the recent Steam fest and it's a bit of a stunner. Full game's just got a release date of next week, and tis launching on Game Pass which is always nice.

https://twitter.com/GenesisNoirGame/status/1371838671716970496?s=20

Advertisement