Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw that. Looking to be another solid month on Game Pass; Empire of Sin and Nier:Automata hitting PC on Thursday, Octopath Traveller and Yakuza 6 on both console and PC and Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire on PC next week, Outriders launching on April 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is gamepass on pc just streaming the games or are they actually pc games you download and need the proper specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,906 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is gamepass on pc just streaming the games or are they actually pc games you download and need the proper specs?

They're on your PC. You can play some of the games on your phone though via streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

either

you can download them or stream them to your phone or tablet etc.

I wouldn't fancy playing games on my phone but wouldn't mind streaming them to my potato of a laptop if i just needed fast internet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wouldn't fancy playing games on my phone but wouldn't mind streaming them to my potato of a laptop if i just needed fast internet.

They're working on it, the PC version of streaming should launch in beta soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would like to get a Razer Kishi controller for my mobile phone sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Is streaming games decent these days? The last time I tried it was a number of years back, can't remember the platform, but it was awful, laggy, games didn't look 'right' somehow, youwere always aware that you were streaming the game rather having it on your drive. I'm sure it's better now though, I'd still prefer the actual game on the HD. Some of the games are big d/l's though, Forza for example is 95GB, you'll want a high end connection to stream that smoothly too and not be worrying about any cap/throttling

Streaming definitely wouldn't be my go to but if it saves me buying a gaming pc/laptop (which I'll never do again) or an xbox (which be I'll get maybe next year), I'd definitely give it a go. My only experience with streaming games though is PS Now which can be laggy alright and i have a 50mbps connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is streaming games decent these days? The last time I tried it was a number of years back, can't remember the platform, but it was awful, laggy, games didn't look 'right' somehow, youwere always aware that you were streaming the game rather having it on your drive. I'm sure it's better now though, I'd still prefer the actual game on the HD. Some of the games are big d/l's though, Forza for example is 95GB, you'll want a high end connection to stream that smoothly too and not be worrying about any cap/throttling

You could sign up to stadia and try out Destiny 2 for free to see how that works on your connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You could sign up to stadia and try out Destiny 2 for free to see how that works on your connection

Signed up to enough junk at this stage :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The problem is you'd have to play destiny 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I tried the Control trial on Switch to see how it ran and it ran pretty well. I've a decent internet connection which probably helped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I discovered there's a mission mode in Deception 4. So I gave one a go. It's bite sized missions with unique goals and restrictions on the player.

And now I'm horribly addicted to them in a game I'm already horribly addicted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Own them both already but they are great little games, especially in coop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm annoyed that I don't like Fortnite. I see all the crossovers the game gets and I just think "I wish my favourite multiplayer game had this kind of pull."

I'll never get into it though. Something about shooting someone and seeing them instantly turn into a 6 storey building doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that I don't like Fortnite. I see all the crossovers the game gets and I just think "I wish my favourite multiplayer game had this kind of pull."

I'll never get into it though. Something about shooting someone and seeing them instantly turn into a 6 storey building doesn't appeal to me.

I can't stand the art style, and now that every 2nd game released seems to be copying it, I am beginning to hate it even more.

J. Marston wrote: »

You aren't missing anything. It's a bad battle royale that's popular because it's free and has a terrible art style ripped from team fortress 2 and then put through the digestive tract of mobile gaming an **** out the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Own them both already but they are great little games, especially in coop

They are very good games. Takes a bit to get used to the camera if your not used to playing those type of games but once it clicks they are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I have great fun with Fortnite because I play it with my kids. Can't do the building nonsense and it's annoying the almost savant-like ability some players have at doing it but for the most part it's not usually that big a deal for me. Would I play it if the kids weren't playing it? Nah, but we've been playing it over a couple of seasons and earned enough v-bucks in-game to keep getting the season pass for free at the beginning of each season. Can't say the art style bothers me.

I feel a lot of multiplayer games are glorified chat rooms. Doesn't matter how bad the game is you will have fun of you are playing with friends. I'm going through resident evil 6 at the moment with a friend and it's complete arse, a total train wreck of a game as opposed to fortnite which is... Grand. Still enjoying it even though the game is irredeemible poison.

I feel a lot of multiplayer games are glorified chat rooms. Doesn't matter how bad the game is you will have fun of you are playing with friends. I'm going through resident evil 6 at the moment with a friend and it's complete arse, a total train wreck of a game as opposed to fortnite which is... Grand. Still enjoying it even though the game is irredeemible poison.

You are playing Resident Evil 6....................willingly?

Markitron wrote: »
    You are playing Resident Evil 6....................willingly?

It's worse, I've beaten it already.

But my friend is in philadelphia and it's a good way to catch up with him. He wants to beat it before Resi 8 arrives.

And I tried to warn him :(

It's worse, I've beaten it already.

But my friend is in philadelphia and it's a good way to catch up with him. He wants to beat it before Resi 8 arrives.

And I tried to warn him :(

There must be better/more productive ways to catch up with a friend than playing RE6. Perhaps you could both run away and join the same cult?

Also a 'friend' that wants you to play RE6 is no friend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is Resident Evil 6 the worst Resident Evil game?

Jordan 199 wrote: »

It’s not just the worst resident evil game, it’s the worst game.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

It's literally everything wrong with the triple A industry condensed into a game.

It's literally everything wrong with the triple A industry condensed into a game.

It is the gaming industry’s Pandora’s Box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I played it a while ago and for the first hour I though the negative reaction the game had received was overblown, but then an hour or 2 later I was ferociously bored by the whole thing and deleted it off my playstation.
    It's not a terrible game, just really really boring.

Advertisement