Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Well it was friendly until we became good again...

That's true. They loved to wax lyrical about how much craic we were when we went down for our holibobs, or the Listowel races, immediately before or after another beating by them. Boy did they love us and our spondoolicks back then.

Different story now entirely !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

Wasn't very impressed by Kerry vs Cavan last week. Cavan should have won, Kerry free taking was the difference. Would not be too concerned if I was a Dub. Indeed Dublin could have nicked it yesterday a man down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm not concerned at all.

We were missing Cluxton & 2 of our 3 Footballer of The Year nominees didn't start the game

If we look close to losing in the summer, when those 3 are all back, then I'll start to worry.

Comerford's kickouts aren't coming on as well as I'd like. But we all know who we are comparing him to & that's probably very unfair, given his age & lack of match day experience.

I'll also happily take dropping a few games in the Spring, given all the new lads we are blooding. Massive kudos to our Glorious Leader for being willing to still do that in a - dare I even mention it - Drive For Five year.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Great game last night. Thought Dublin were blackguarded a bit in the second half with some of the Kerry frees. He also missed a clear pull down of Sean O'Shea in the last few mins. Fully expected Fenton to pop over the last effort.

Nice to see plenty of kick passing. Dubs took over in the middle third for the last 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Great game last night. Thought Dublin were blackguarded a bit in the second half with some of the Kerry frees. He also missed a clear pull down of Sean O'Shea in the last few mins. Fully expected Fenton to pop over the last effort.

Nice to see plenty of kick passing. Dubs took over in the middle third for the last 10 mins.

Taught it was a very hard game to ref. The speed at times from front to back was like something I've never witnessed before. It was great stuff. Kerry missed a few so no complaints about the result but I taught the ref gave a few frees to Kerry which resulted in scores very easy.
    Great game and congrats, hopefully we see you again in the big one.
    That's some free taker you have in O'Shea but I'd say you already know that;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

<mod snip>

Do not discuss moderation on thread, please use PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm not concerned at all.

We were missing Cluxton & 2 of our 3 Footballer of The Year nominees didn't start the game

If we look close to losing in the summer, when those 3 are all back, then I'll start to worry.

Comerford's kickouts aren't coming on as well as I'd like. But we all know who we are comparing him to & that's probably very unfair, given his age & lack of match day experience.

I'll also happily take dropping a few games in the Spring, given all the new lads we are blooding. Massive kudos to our Glorious Leader for being willing to still do that in a - dare I even mention it - Drive For Five year.

yeah its interesting how the Dubs have made the league relevant again ! A few years back we'd be hearing , sure it's only the league.
    With the relatively poor standard in Leinster the last while we can afford to keep going longer in the league without any impact on the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

rm75 wrote: »
    yeah its interesting how the Dubs have made the league relevant again ! A few years back we'd be hearing , sure it's only the league.
    With the relatively poor standard in Leinster the last while we can afford to keep going longer in the league without any impact on the championship.

The other way of looking at is Dublin have to take the league seriously. because the standard in leinster is so poor it is no preparation in any real sense.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The other way of looking at is Dublin have to take the league seriously. because the standard in leinster is so poor it is no preparation in any real sense.

I think that's the main point.

But you'd also have to say that it's a good standard for everyone now too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Big game for the hurlers this weekend, it'll tell us more about them than the Carlow or Offaly games. I know Carlow beat drew with Galway, but they weren't in Pearse Stadium for it, so it's definitely a big ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Was the Carlow Galway match not a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Big game tomorrow indeed. Won't have any consequences for either in terms of league outcome, but a preview of the crucial meeting in the championship.

Dublin under Daly had excellent record over Galway, but haven't beaten them in a while now.

So tomorrow be a good indication of where team is currently at, and win would be huge boost to morale and preparations for rest of the year.

Galway drawing with Carlow says more about Carlow's progress than Galway who will have gotten a wake up call so Dublin will not be meeting a team going through the motions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was the Carlow Galway match not a draw?

You're right, but in my defense, I looked up the tables on the Irish times site and they say that Carlow beat Galway 1-20 to 0-20.

The table itself is correct, but I hadn't looked at it too closely for either team to put it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

CatInABox wrote: »
    You're right, but in my defense, I looked up the tables on the Irish times site and they say that Carlow beat Galway 1-20 to 0-20.

The table itself is correct, but I hadn't looked at it too closely for either team to put it together.

I think a few places had reported it as a Carlow win because it's not the first time I've heard it.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Big game tomorrow indeed. Won't have any consequences for either in terms of league outcome, but a preview of the crucial meeting in the championship.

Dublin under Daly had excellent record over Galway, but haven't beaten them in a while now.

I'd still prefer to keep getting points on the board, just to avoid the possibility of falling into a relegation battle. Realistically, I don't think that Laois or Offaly will turn it around to the point that the relegation game isn't those two, but still.

Of course, although would take some unlikely results to put Dublin in bottom two. Games between bottom three will mean that either none or just one will have more than two points or that even if Laois beat Dublin, Dublin would be above both Offaly and Carlow on head to head, and Laois are not going to beat Dublin unless he picks me at centre half back :-)

Crucial games will be Carlow v Offaly and Laois as even one win for Carlow would likely be enough to stay up and get to quarter finals which would be great.

Would also fancy ourselves to beat Waterford next time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Salthill has a big pitch, if Dublin give Galway any time to pick their passes then they'll ping the sliotar around like it's pinball

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And lo it came to pass, two man full forward line and poor ball going into them so Galway backs had loads of time to pick out their men.

We looked way off the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Expected a lot more from Dublin . Maybe there doing heavy training or something but they looked way off pace .galway were no world beaters either. Would expect both to be vastly improved come championship

Nothing much to gain league wise on either side which makes it all the more strange that Dublin stuck to keeping a man back playing with a strong breeze and with an not insurmountable deficit.

Daly targeted league games like that to build their confidence and it worked. A dismal enough performance from Dublin and Galway be happy with way a team far off Summer strength put them away with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭Patser

Anyone know if there will be extra trains laid on for Roscommon match on 3rd, or experience of how/when Iarnroid Eireann announce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The sooner this farce is over the better

My solution -Dublin broken up to 4 counties.

Dublin south west north and east

Evens it up somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The sooner this farce is over the better

My solution -Dublin broken up to 4 counties.

Dublin south west north and south

Evens it up somewhat.

You do realize your 4 mythical counties would require more funding not less? Also that’s only 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Patser wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be extra trains laid on for Roscommon match on 3rd, or experience of how/when Iarnroid Eireann announce it?
    Wouldn't think so

Don't ever remember extra trains being put on for a league game

salmocab wrote: »
    You do realize your 4 mythical counties would require more funding not less? Also that’s only 3

I would say 4 is “sort of”competitive to “sort of” get away from the huge taint the current dublin team has.

That’s being generous though.

I hope Dublin realise the rest of the country consider their wins as a complete farce and joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

#obsessed

Slattsy wrote: »
    #obsessed

Good man slatt

I love the fact that when someone arrives in and gives plain unvarnished truth the whole regulars run off scared.

Dublin should be broken up into 4 to start with.

That would give “some” fairness

Not perfect by a long shot but something to start with.

• Advertisement

Your only posts on GAA are about Dublin.

Stick to the egg passing or have you lost interest in the goys since they became cr@p again :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement