Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

clueless about this stuff to be honest.
    I have 750 xlm and want to sign up to an exchange just in case I want to shift them in a hurry.
    The few suggested on here are not taking new registrations at the moment.
    I tried Kraken but it doesnt seem straightforward?

Can I simply sell them and then withdraw to bank account once setup?
    if so, which is the best exchange to use?
    Thanks, hopefully my questions make sense as this is all new to me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I was looking into Stellar original view which showed 600 lumens

After upgrading I didnt know my security key and thought all was lost.

Low and behold I have found my security key so can now view in Stellar account viewer.

LikableBoilingIndianskimmer-max-1mb.gif

I just found my Key myself. Sitting on 4050 Lumens.

To sell or to wait????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sham69 wrote: »
    clueless about this stuff to be honest.
    I have 750 xlm and want to sign up to an exchange just in case I want to shift them in a hurry.
    The few suggested on here are not taking new registrations at the moment.
    I tried Kraken but it doesnt seem straightforward?

Can I simply sell them and then withdraw to bank account once setup?
    if so, which is the best exchange to use?
    Thanks, hopefully my questions make sense as this is all new to me..

Binance are back taking registrations I think

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Binance are back taking registrations I think

nope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think it was a limited thing this morning

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Think it was a limited thing this morning

ah ok thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/stellar/#markets

All the Markets. As pointed out a few are closed but try a few near the top. Off the top of my head i know bittrex and binance are closed, not sure about poloniex or kracken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Verification is halted on Kraken for some time now.

Thanks for the replies folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

For the noobs like me who have no idea whats happening but own Lumens

Should we be waiting for FairX to launch before doing anything with our XLM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

For the noobs like me who have no idea whats happening but own Lumens

Should we be waiting for FairX to launch before doing anything with our XLM

Waste of them. It's going nowhere fast.

I'll happily take them off your hands though...:pac:

Waste of them. It's going nowhere fast.

I'll happily take them off your hands though...:pac:

1 million Dollars

1billevil.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Someone showed me this https://powtoken.com/ and it reminded me of this thread. Might end up being worthless but you never know. You get 28,102 coins (7.50usd) when you sign up via facebook or twitter the website is dreadfully slow so be patient

right, finally registered on binance.
    I went to deposit my xlm but its saying something about a memo and losing my currency if I don't include one?

Has anyone used binance, if so can they give a quick tutorial on depositing etc.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I went to deposit my xlm but its saying something about a memo and losing my currency if I don't include one?

Has anyone used binance, if so can they give a quick tutorial on depositing etc.
    Thanks.

Yep, there's a space on the Stellar site to add a memo, so just pick the first option (there are a few) and paste the code from Binance. It transferred in a few minutes for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks.
    It just means to be sure to give your XLM Deposits MEMO number (10 digits) when transferring from your Stellar wallet.

When you go to send them from the Stellar wallet, you'll be prompted for the deposit address (which is the big long string) and the memo number. Binance gives you both of these when you click to deposit XLMs.

Good luck!

all done.
    Just need to sit back now and watch the millions roll in ;)

Thanks all for the advice and help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Someone showed me this https://powtoken.com/ and it reminded me of this thread. Might end up being worthless but you never know. You get 28,102 coins (7.50usd) when you sign up via facebook or twitter the website is dreadfully slow so be patient

when i try this it tells me only for accounts set up prior to sept 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

daheff wrote: »

That means your facebook account needs to be setup since before then, not the powtoken one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

daheff wrote: »

Your Facebook or twitter account needs to be a few months old I assume to prevent people spamming it with bots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Sync wrote: »
    That means your facebook account needs to be setup since before then, not the powtoken one.

it is though

anyways...easy come easy go. I got my lumens.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Thanks.

I've just set up binance too! so does anybody know how to actually withdraw to these to euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I've just set up binance too! so does anybody know how to actually withdraw to these to euro ?

Not from Binance but if you have a kraken account or coinbase account, you can sell these for bitcoin, ethereum or litecoin and then send the resulting coin to the above account. There, you can convert to euro and withdraw via SEPA.
    I'd suggest ETH or LTC as they are faster and have lower fees than bitcoin.

Not from Binance but if you have a kraken account or coinbase account, you can sell these for bitcoin, ethereum or litecoin and then send the resulting coin to the above account. There, you can convert to euro and withdraw via SEPA.
    I'd suggest ETH or LTC as they are faster and have lower fees than bitcoin.

ah crap, I setup on binance and deposited my xlm.
    So I can't withdraw to euro from binance?
    I setup Kraken aswell but most functions seemed to be locked down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Recovery disabled. Account cannot be recovered by Stellar Development Foundation. Account does not exist or has been hacked due to weak/reused password, phishing or malware.

Fucκ

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Recovery disabled. Account cannot be recovered by Stellar Development Foundation. Account does not exist or has been hacked due to weak/reused password, phishing or malware.

Fucκ

I was told the same thing and then I finally guessed my password. The account was still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

garrkell wrote: »
    I was told the same thing and then I finally guessed my password. The account was still there.

i try all the password combo i can think of&nothing happens .when i try to get user-name reminder it say no user attach with this email even though i know 100 % the email is right because have the original welcomes email from 2014 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Well I can get in but then my Stellar/lumen are gone :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have people been able to set up a Binance account in the past while?

Raoul wrote: »
    Meant to be easier if you are using an invite. No idea if this is true though. You can try the below link:
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=10206963

Thanks but got this message :-(

Registrations Pause
    Fellow Binancians,
    Due to the overwhelming surge in popularity, Binance will have to temporarily disable new user registrations to allow for an infrastructure upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your support!

Binance Team
    2018/01/05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks but got this message :-(

Registrations Pause
    Fellow Binancians,
    Due to the overwhelming surge in popularity, Binance will have to temporarily disable new user registrations to allow for an infrastructure upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your support!

Binance Team
    2018/01/05

Seems like it was a loophole which is now closed. https://www.reddit.com/r/binance/comments/7oni64/does_anyone_have_a_binance_invite_link_now_that/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hacked - had moved my lumens to Blackwallet.co for inflation. Lost over 4000

Website cleaned out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

F**k - sorry for your loss.
    Anyone else got their XLM in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I reckon Changelly have robbed me of 1500 Lumens the gits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Bollocks just checked mine cleaned out of just over 2k lumens wtf. Least I got them for free and cashed out half.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

FYI

DO NOT LOGIN TO ANY BLACKWALLET WEBSITE!
    Your XLM will be stolen in the moment you login!
    If you used Blackwallet in the past and have funds there, then login to Stellar Account Viewer to use them. If you don't login in the Blackwallet website your XLM is safe.
    There's a script in the official Blackwallet website which will send all your XLM to a hacker's wallet immediately after you login. Please, use the official Stellar Account Viewer to check your funds and use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Thanks OP! Logged in and had 900 XLM, sent 550 to Binance, traded for BTC and withdrew approx. €310 after fees. Keeping a little bit to see where this leads :)

FYI

DO NOT LOGIN TO ANY BLACKWALLET WEBSITE!
    Your XLM will be stolen in the moment you login!
    If you used Blackwallet in the past and have funds there, then login to Stellar Account Viewer to use them. If you don't login in the Blackwallet website your XLM is safe.
    There's a script in the official Blackwallet website which will send all your XLM to a hacker's wallet immediately after you login. Please, use the official Stellar Account Viewer to check your funds and use them

This could do with its own post in BA. I think people wouldn't mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

FYI DO NOT LOGIN TO ANY BLACKWALLET WEBSITE!

This goes for any third-party web based wallet for any crypto-currency. There are too many potential attack vectors. Also, if you're downloading a desktop wallet for any crypto-currency then check the SHA in multiple places (not just from the download page).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I saw this thread weeks ago, had no recollection of the original. I never even posted in the thread. Was actually planning to buy 300 lumens tonight, had a niggling feeling I did remember that thread so thought I'd check it out first, searched my email addresses, no luck. Tried to log in to the site and it worked first time, don't even have an email associated with the login, just used the password I used a lot back then, bam I have 501 lumens and I won't be buying any after all. Cheers!!

I saw this thread weeks ago, had no recollection of the original. I never even posted in the thread. Was actually planning to buy 300 lumens tonight, had a niggling feeling I did remember that thread so thought I'd check it out first, searched my email addresses, no luck. Tried to log in to the site and it worked first time, don't even have an email associated with the login, just used the password I used a lot back then, bam I have 501 lumens and I won't be buying any after all. Cheers!!

whatever you do. don't lose the Security Key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Anyone else unable to get verified on coinbase no matter how many documents/different angles of the pictures you try?

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to get verified on coinbase no matter how many documents/different angles of the pictures you try?

I took a pic of my passport last night in low enough light and was verified 5 minutes or so later. Took the pic with my Pixel 2 XL.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Yeah, me. Don't have an android phone, and only had 1.3 mp webcams. Waiting on a higher def webcam through the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Tried driver license twice and passport once and it wouldn't work. It's taking 24 hours between sending and getting verification that it's not accepted. The pictures look fine. I'm using a oneplus 3.

• Advertisement

The Coinbase app seems to take blurry photos unless you turn on the flash (lightening symbol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Localbitcoins is also an option as some traders there only require SMS verification etc. Just be sure to choose a trader with plenty of feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I got verified on coinbase no problem using my passport which happens to be expired over a year. I had to do it twice tho as they were looking for more imagesof it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Discussion can continue on the Cryptocurrency forum as its now more suitable.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement