Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

900 Lumens, Job!!!!

1 Lumen = $0.2940

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Synode wrote: »
    Phewww, remembered the password. Have 4,250.999963 lumens. I'm rich yeowww

Can you remember mine? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Ok, I have an account but cant remember my password, tried the recovery and its not working, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Woop Woop 900 lumens, I am having issue upgrading account mind, now lets hope they go the way of the bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just bought meself 5000 lumens

I'll get my coat :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

long_b wrote: »
    I've 600 too. We must have done the bare minimum.
    Do we need a wallet?

I just use this link

https://www.stellar.org/account-viewer/#!/dashboard
    I think the Stellar account once upgraded from it's dormant state acts as a basic wallet for your Lumens. If you want to buy another cryptocurrency you'll need to set up a wallet that will take that (and maybe other currencies).

I don't think you can just straight off directly sell your Lumens. You might need to convert them into something that you can sell (e.g. bitcoin) via an exchange. Either way there'll be messing with setting up accounts, and verifying your identity by uploading ID scans etc.

Might be better hanging on to them as the OP suggests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dades wrote: »
    By doing a lot of googling.

I used an exchange called Changelly to “convert” XLMs to XRPs, and send them to a newly created wallet. The transaction is still processing so fingers crossed it’ll work.

Hopefully I can retire by the time I wake up.

Did this go through for you? There's still no option to buy Ripple on Changelly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Ok. I finally remembered my password but when I log in it says I have 0 STR. That can't be right - did we not get some just for signing up back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

bullvine wrote: »
    Ok, I have an account but cant remember my password, tried the recovery and its not working, any ideas?

You might have never enabled password recovery

Did this go through for you? There's still no option to buy Ripple on Changelly for me
    Yeah, it all worked fine. My XRPs were there this morning in a wallet I set up last night on GateHub (by sending of scans of ID etc.)

Weird though; the option to exchange XLR for XRP that was on the front page of Changelly.com last night, is not there now. XRP isn't in the list any more. No idea!

BTW the only reason I opted for XRPs is I'd read a bit about them after chats with a lad in work who is a cryto-fan. YMMV. I am new to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I've logged in and it tells me I have 0 lumens (I had a few hundred IIRC) and need to upgrade my account on the new network. It asks me to confirm I have copied the recovery key, but the recovery key area is blank...

Dades wrote: »
    Yeah, it all worked fine. My XRPs were there this morning in a wallet I set up last night on GateHub (by sending of scans of ID etc.)

Weird though; the option to exchange XLR for XRP that was on the front page of Changelly.com last night, is not there now. XRP isn't in the list any more. No idea!

BTW the only reason I opted for XRPs is I'd read a bit about them after chats with a lad in work who is a cryto-fan. YMMV. I am new to this!

I'm now in the process of exchanging Lumens for Etheterums but it appears it will take a while. It all seems so fake and made up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

can also go direct to dollars here

https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_str

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nice- I managed to remember my old password and have 1000.999 Lumens now
    Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I've 900 odd as well, cheers op! Will keep an eye on it a while.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Nice- I managed to remember my old password and have 1000.999 Lumens now
    Cheers OP!

I transferred Lumens to you back on the original thread. Don't think you repaid the favour :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I transferred Lumens to you back on the original thread. Don't think you repaid the favour :(

Apologies if I didn't!
    I honestly don't remember

God damn it, am I the only one with 0!?

Mailed 'em there, hopefully they sort me out.

can also go direct to dollars here

https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_str
    USDT are not the same as USD - i.e. dollars you can have transferred to your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this didn't even ring a bell for me, I just thought "I hang out on the BA forum, and I'm a cheapskate. Maybe I did sign up for this?"

Sure enough, found a password for the site in my password manager, upgraded my wallet and I have 900 Lumens there. Not sure if this really means anything - how complicated is it to turn these into hard cash (or say, Bitcoin?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

I am the same, for the life of me I cannot remember the password!!! I have emailed them so hopefully they will reply :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sonya4u wrote: »
    I am the same, for the life of me I cannot remember the password!!! I have emailed them so hopefully they will reply :confused:

Nope. If you can't remember the password and don't have the recovery code, it's game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Pissing myself here. Had forgotten all about this, the excitement last night upon discovery that I had signed up and then the utter confusion of password recovery, username recovery, upgrading the account... To discover I had 1000.

Bloody hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Likewise just discovered I have 1000. Well done OP. Brilliant bargain alert! :D

Nope. If you can't remember the password and don't have the recovery code, it's game over.

Yea, looks that way, I think I never activated the email or it went to the junk in my spam. Game over!

Yea, looks that way, I think I never activated the email or it went to the junk in my spam. Game over!

Have you checked the recovery password isn't in your spam?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Have you checked the recovery password isn't in your spam?

yeah its not there, my username does seem to exist though, not sure if that helps.. I have tried a bunch of passwords as well, no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

I logged in this morning for first time since initial sign-up. Had 900 stellars but after I upgraded my account it now says I have 0 lumens in account viewer. Anyone else have this issue? Unexpected €200 would be nice given the time of year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Jealous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement