Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Down to 23.7c
    Back up to $0.25.

fat-cats.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭- bo -

I got in to my account there and I have 4,500.999975 Lumens. I have absolutely no idea this means or what to do. And I've tried reading up on it several times. I'd love some free money though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Apologies if I didn't!
    I honestly don't remember

Apologies are good. Lumens would be better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

dos30 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing this when the attempt to login?

Yup. Exactly what I'm seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

- bo - wrote: »
    I got in to my account there and I have 4,500.999975 Lumens. I have absolutely no idea this means or what to do. And I've tried reading up on it several times. I'd love some free money though.

Seems you have c1000euro !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

ok so i finally managed to upgrade my account
    I had 900 stellar but after the upgrade it says I have 0 lumens and that "This account doesn't exist on the network. To create this account, send it at least 20 lumens (XLM) to fulfill the minimum balance"
    How can I send what I dont have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

ok so i finally managed to upgrade my account
    I had 900 stellar but after the upgrade it says I have 0 lumens and that "This account doesn't exist on the network. To create this account, send it at least 20 lumens (XLM) to fulfill the minimum balance"
    How can I send what I dont have?

same for me. by the way i only upgraded today after trying my password a million times. it worked today.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

upgraded and found i have 200!

I have no idea what to do. I Just dont want to be like homer simpson and Spend it all on a Fancy beer.....

tumblr_mbku7kfy5q1rt2066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

I remember signing up to this and I signed my ma up to it too, I just tagged all the emails to go into a stellar folder that I never read and my ma would forward all the emails to that too, so I've just gone through them and maybe I can explain to people that can't log in what has happened

When they upgraded you got one opportunity to sign in with your old user name and password and it generated a secret key for you which you need to have recorded and safe (its like 50 letters), then it upgraded your wallet to stellar-lumens when you logged in with this secret key, plus a code that it emailed you at the time.

If i'd been following it I probably would've lost the key or something too.

Turns out I have 6400 and my ma has 3550

If they actually turn it to be worth something that'll be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I out in the effort of signing up, but I was too lazy to go to all the hassle of transferring coins round the place to get free coins. Still have €30 worth, so not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's an annual CGT exemption of €1270 - I'd imagine most people on this thread will hold less than this, unless they have other CGT liabilities in the year. If you're not over the threshold, you don't have to make a declaration/return.

It still needs to be declared even if you're under the exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

McGaggs wrote: »
    It still needs to be declared even if you're under the exemption.

I was going from this article:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/making-a-cgt-return-when-no-tax-is-due-1.2908799

though TBH his advice seems to contradict the Revenue FAQ he references, so maybe ask Revenue about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

loyatemu wrote: »
    though TBH his advice seems to contradict the Revenue FAQ he references, so maybe ask Revenue about it.
    It certainly does!

I'd suggest nobody in Revenue would know or care if a PAYE worker made an amount under the annual threshold and didn't make a return. If there was tax due, that's a different conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Its a Christmas time so i would ask :)

Is there anyone who would send me some lumens ? i will be most grateful .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Send me 1 lumen for 1 like/thank.

How many likes will i have to give to make 1 million in Lumens??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I need to send 20 to activate also. Is there anyone who wants to do a 20 XLM exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

Its a Christmas time so i would ask :)

Is there anyone who would send me some lumens ? i will be most grateful .

Jesus, even I didn't have the cheek to ask for lumens and I created this BA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

christeb wrote: »
    I need to send 20 to activate also. Is there anyone who wants to do a 20 XLM exchange?

I don't need to but can oblige

Is there anyone who is willing to lend/sell me 20 lumens?

If you lend me them I will send them straight back to you or Im willing to buy 20 from somebody at the market rate

please let me know

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

50 euro :pac:

• Advertisement

big thanks to long_b for sending me some lumens

I had 900 stellar and now successfully upgraded to lumens but my lumens balance is 0

any ideas guys on how to get my lumens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Awh, I'm devastated I missed this! I need a time machine for this and Bitcoin. Delighted for everyone cashing out though. Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

big thanks to long_b for sending me some lumens

I had 900 stellar and now successfully upgraded to lumens but my lumens balance is 0

any ideas guys on how to get my lumens?

Yup, I'm in the same boat on this. I bought some lumens (21)from a guy privately and I've it in my account so it upgraded successfully but there's no sign of the 500 lumens I was supposed to have. 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Has anyone got past this screen? If so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Has anyone got past this screen? If so, how?

Any chance you have an adblocker or content blocker on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm having trouble getting signed up to the exchanges to pass these on, the last one I tried wanted a high-def webcam(something I dont have) to take a grab of my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble getting signed up to the the exchanges to pass these on, the last one I tried wanted a high-def webcam(something I dont have) to take a grab of my passport.

all exchanges and crypto shops are having unprecedented traffic, verification reports of weeks in some cases.

If you dont have a verified account somewhere already you have an indefinite wait ahead of you. Just gotta sit it out until they come back,

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Any chance you have an adblocker or content blocker on?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Might be worth trying different browsers if you haven’t already. It worked for me using Safari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Yes. You need to have lumens to get an upgrade. You have 0 and so don't get the option. My account is the same when I log in and I recall having a few hundred lumens.

When I look back at the old thread I can see I used a completely different user name, so I think I have 2 accounts. Either that or I'm logging in using some kind of alias that's different from my username.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement