Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I was reading some people who have tried to update their accounts are unable to and waiting 3 or 4 weeks plus for support to get back to them... may not be as plain sailing as we think ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

I was reading some people who have tried to update their accounts are unable to and waiting 3 or 4 weeks plus for support to get back to them... may not be as plain sailing as we think ....
    3 weeks?
    People giving away money have some cheek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

This thread is a brilliant read and Im delighted for all you that have had a bit of a windfall. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

For those wondering how they can do anything with this, Stellar.org has some tutorials on how to send the lumens to some of the crypto exchanges:

https://stellarorg.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001165943-Tutorials

I sent mine to Kraken and was able to convert them into other crypto currencies from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I've logged in and it tells me I have 0 lumens (I had a few hundred IIRC) and need to upgrade my account on the new network. It asks me to confirm I have copied the recovery key, but the recovery key area is blank...

Same as this. It tells me to copy the secret key but there is no secret key??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭remoteboy

JimPa wrote: »
    Same as this. It tells me to copy the secret key but there is no secret key??

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

god, i remember setting this up but havent a clue how to check what i have. whats the site to log in? and obviously i forgot my password will they resend me one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

emo72 wrote: »
    god, i remember setting this up but havent a clue how to check what i have. whats the site to log in? and obviously i forgot my password will they resend me one?

https://launch.stellar.org/#/login

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Seems like this Stellar crowd signed a deal with IBM no less back in october.

https://www.stellar.org/account-viewer/#!/
    The 'secret' key is for upgraded newer accounts, down the end you'l find a link to 'legacy loggin.

They'll send you your login name but passwords can be an issue ie. they wont send you one, if you joined in 2014 , just keep tying all your passwords!

would your email address you signed up with be your user name? im struggling. and i want to be rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

would your email address you signed up with be your user name? im struggling. and i want to be rich.

No, I can tell you your password could have been something simple, ie.no need for extra numbers or mixed caps

Smiles35 wrote: »
    No, I can tell you your password could have been something simple, ie.no need for extra numbers or mixed caps

ok ive worked out my user name. they told me. but im having no luck with password. bummer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can recover your user name no problem, from there you can hammer away with password attempts without fear of lockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I still have the same problem

When I log into my stellar dashboard and click "upgrade and confirm secret key has been copied" I get an email with a confirmation code. When I enter the confirmation code into the box and click I get a mesasage to contact them.

I have sent 2 emails days ago with no reply

Has anybody got past this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

4,500.999975 lumens, About $1,200!

Nice! Thanks for remingime me OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I remember a couple of years ago thinking about getting rid of them for about $10. Worth over 100 times that tonight.

I might wait a couple more.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

It's looking for me to send 21 to someone but I have none as I've just upgraded and need to "unlock" the ones I've been given as part of the initial release. Can someone send me 21 so I can send them back?
    Is the only other option to buy bitcoin and trade it on an exchange for lumens? How then do I sell lumens? The exchanges don't seem to deal in lumens meaning that it needs to be exchanged for bitcoin. As bitcoin gets more expensive, the exchange rate gets worse, so surely it makes mistakes sense to get out of lumens and into bitcoin asap? Am I right or is there something I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

There doesn't seem to be a huge number of exchanges handling XLM.
    The ones that do, that are any good, are Bittrex, Binance, Kraken and Poloniex.
    Most of these don't allow direct SEPA transfer though, so you'll end up hopping to an exchange that does, while converting to the token with the lowest tx fee that exists on both exchanges.
    This means: 
    * creating an account with Coinbase or Bitstamp. 
    * Verifying yourself. 
    * Setting up your bank account. 
    * Transferring your XLM from Stellar to some receiving exchange.
    * Exchanging for LTC or some other low tx fee, commonly used token.
    * Sending LTC (or whatever) to Coinbase.
    * Selling for €
    * Withdrawing € to your bank account.
    Also, be aware that any exchange that allows SEPA transfer will be transparent to revenue, so you will at some stage have to declare this as income/capital gains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Don't use Changelly. I did a transaction there 24 hours ago and they still say they're waiting for payment.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I logged into mine the other day. Have about €350 worth!
    Not sure if should keep them or buy Bitcoin.
    Keep them. BTC growth is slowing... it's still growing phenomenally, but unlikely to grow by say 2x in the next few months. XLM on the other hand is (a) very small value (b) small market cap (c) just entering public awareness. These all point to potential big short term growth relative to BTC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Lads, don't all the Boardsies go selling their Lumens at once and start a panic in the market. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

gerryk wrote: »
    Also, be aware that any exchange that allows SEPA transfer will be transparent to revenue, so you will at some stage have to declare this as income/capital gains.

there's an annual CGT exemption of €1270 - I'd imagine most people on this thread will hold less than this, unless they have other CGT liabilities in the year. If you're not over the threshold, you don't have to make a declaration/return.

loyatemu wrote: »
    gerryk wrote: »

there's an annual CGT exemption of €1270 - I'd imagine most people on this thread will hold less than this, unless they have other CGT liabilities in the year. If you're not over the threshold, you don't have to make a declaration/return.
    Thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Dades wrote: »
    Lads, don't all the Boardsies go selling their Lumens at once and start a panic in the market. ;)

Everybody SELL SELL SELL, .....it just means we can buy them cheaper :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Imagine selling and in a few years they got to Bitcoin level prices :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭benji2006

For anyone that hit upgrade problems, I messaged the user bartek_ from this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/7jf9yq/solving_upgrade_issues/

He said there had been an update to the process and to try again - this time the upgrade worked for me.

(I also was on the work network when it failed, and at home when it succeeded, so not sure if that made any difference)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Anyone else seeing this when the attempt to login?

Down to 23.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Down to 23.7c

well it's been a fun ride...

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    well it's been a fun ride...

This is me

7368bba925cab9dd176e32f7ce8c4d1fbf9917c0870d39ecfe8254874e42b907.jpg

This discussion has been closed.