Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar lumens ring a bell from years ago? They are actually worth something now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Yes. You need to have lumens to get an upgrade. You have 0 and so don't get the option. My account is the same when I log in and I recall having a few hundred lumens.

When I look back at the old thread I can see I used a completely different user name, so I think I have 2 accounts. Either that or I'm logging in using some kind of alias that's different from my username.

Tried on the phone with same issue. Could someone please send me lumens and I will return

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Has anyone actually managed to cash out their Lumens?

Seems like some people can't upgrade and others (like myself) have successfully upgraded but out Lumens balance shows as 0

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Yeah I'm having the same issue with going to zero when i upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

€0.433273 EUR (47.91%) not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Seems like some people can't upgrade and others (like myself) have successfully upgraded but out Lumens balance shows as 0

If you've upgraded and see the lumen value as less than you thought it is likely you are not using the correct secret or you didn't have any lumens in the account in the first instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they're over 50c now, double what they were when this thread was started. Based on what, I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I cashed out on the 17th of December. XLM -> BTC -> Euro. 780 squids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I transferred some to Changelly to convert to ETH and they never arrived. Their support has been atrocious. I'm sitting on the rest for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stpauli

I did the same as everyone....whenever it was...few years ago
    Got emails on regular basis....the odd offer of free lumens
    upgraded on the advice of another email.......etc etc
    I now have 4200.999989 lumens !
    I still have no idea whats going on though

• Registered Users Posts: 34,565 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well this is mental, I don't remember signing up for this at all. Thought I'd try a generic username/pass that I have and it logged in :eek:

You have:

550.999927 STR :pac:

• Advertisement

I wonder why some people have their Lumens when they upgraded and some peoples lumen balance shows 0

Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Yeah my balance is 0 but I never touched them and no secret key so can't upgrade!

I fired off an email to support on it but not holding out much hope.

Anyone else get it sorted out when they had 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

What's the easiest method of transferring these out, thinking of moving them to ripple.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

reni10 wrote: »
    Yeah my balance is 0 but I never touched them and no secret key so can't upgrade!

I fired off an email to support on it but not holding out much hope.

Anyone else get it sorted out when they had 0?

I have the same problem. Sent an email over a week ago but no reply. I do have the secret code however this just upgraded my account and reduced my balance to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Miike wrote: »
    I cashed out on the 17th of December. XLM -> BTC -> Euro. 780 squids

Could you document the detail on how you cashed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

whampiri wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Sent an email over a week ago but no reply. I do have the secret code however this just upgraded my account and reduced my balance to zero.

YES!

I had the same problem. The secret key I had copied threw up a balance of 0.

So I went back into the legacy login, they told me to upgrade. Copied new keys (they were different to ones I'd prev copied) and used to log into https://www.stellar.org/account-viewer

My account is now funded to the tune of 1000STR. Easiest $500 I've ever made, thanks OP!!

Edit - just sent 980 to my Binance account. From there can trade / sell etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

another good day so far

€0.448250 EUR (22.20%)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭cletus

Hmm. I've a balance of zero, but tbh, I'm not sure if when I set it up anybody on the original thread actually sent 100 stellar to me or not. May have been one of the posters that was skipped over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

damn it...I swapped mine for bitcoin a few weeks back :mad:

Go ...bitcoin....get off of that floor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

GaryCocs wrote: »
    What's the easiest method of transferring these out, thinking of moving them to ripple.
    I exchanged most of mine to Ripple on the first day of this thread and they're now worth ~ 2.5k. :eek:

That said, those sitting on Lumens have done okay too in recent days.

Sorry I can't help with those whose account is saying zero.
    I don't really recall the upgrade process as it seemed to just work and give me my secret key and the same amount of Lumens as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Dades wrote: »
    I exchanged most of mine to Ripple on the first day of this thread and they're now worth ~ 2.5k. :eek:

I don't really recall the upgrade process as it seemed to just work and give me my secret key and the same amount of Lumens as before.

What method did you do for transferring out to ripple?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dades wrote: »

Which exchange did you use?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

GaryCocs wrote: »
    What method did you do for transferring out to ripple?
    https://changelly.com/

I had to set up a Ripple wallet on Gatehub first (other wallets available), so I'd have somewhere to put the XRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

bmm wrote: »

Yeah, that would be handy! I'm sitting on 2.5 K yoyo's which would be nice after christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

bmm wrote: »
    Yeah, that would be handy! I'm sitting on 2.5 K yoyo's which would be nice after christmas!

I had posted here how I did it. I can PM you what I posted but I've deleted it because I'm not a crypto trading expert and I really don't want people blindly taking my advice on a topic where I have a tiny amount of knowledge and almost zero experience. I am just a guy who did a thing. I think your best bet is to ask on the crypto forum on here about the best way to cash out.... If you want I can PM you how I did it but I don't think I'm in a position to offer the best insight how to cash it out for the best value.

The process was simple enough but for someone who's never done it before I can tell you it was anxiety provoking.

kippy wrote: »
    If you've upgraded and see the lumen value as less than you thought it is likely you are not using the correct secret or you didn't have any lumens in the account in the first instance.

I am using the correct secret key and when I log into the old dashboard it says I had 900 lumens

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I am using the correct secret key and when I log into the old dashboard it says I had 900 lumens

Then you are not using the correct secret.

kippy wrote: »
    Then you are not using the correct secret.

So where do I find the correct secret key?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Surely we'll look back at cryptocurrency and point out that we should have seen it about to burst when joe soaps were turning absolutely nothing into thousands!

• Advertisement

Congratulations to everyone who got in on this bargain alert years ago, fair play to OP for sharing it in the first place.

For anyone holding these who isn't overly familiar with Cryptocurrency - These are good alt-coins to be holding.

There are hundreds of different alt-coins out there at the moment. From one guy running a billion dollar valuation shít-coin from his bedroom (*Cough* Verge/XVG), to well-staffed companies with development wings and marketing departments and partnerships with huge corporations.

Stellar and their lumens would very much fall into the second category - A very promising company which is well-staffed, has actual real-life applications for its technology on the horizon, and partnerships to be announced with major tech companies (IBM) soon.

At about $0.50c per lumen at the moment, you could certainly cash in to a nice profit right now. However, if you just forgot about them for another year, there's a chance you could be looking at a further increase.

This is not financial advice btw, just an opinion. Stellar is hot in the crypto world at the moment, and is predicted to have a big 2018. There are active investors out there at the moment trying to scoop up lumens for $0.50 and consider that a fair price, and here we have some Boardsies who got gifted hundreds of them in Bargain Alerts years ago :pac:

This is brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement