Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya should run ok off your Jamma 12V. I think it was some student designed the CMOY amp and released the design, its simple to build, cheap and really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hmm, some interesting results with this. My Punisher board never really gave out any sound. You could just about hear the loudest of noises.

Sound works grand via headphones! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone here have much experience with Soft15?
    Thinking of switching over to it and need lots of help!
    I need ot find a cheap video card that will work with it, then assistance setting it up, this Arcadevga card is driving me loopy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What's wrong with the arcadevga?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

About 80% of the time, at start up, the pc fails to see it or windows itself fails to boot.
    If I get the opportunity to select safe mode out boots to that.
    I reckon the card could be borked.
    Most frustrating.

• Advertisement

I think there is a conflict of drivers going on, read a similar thread on J+ recently ?

XP has built-in ATI drivers which ArcadeVGA doesn't like and need to be removed before installing the ArcadeVGA ones. Software called drivesweeper can uninstall the default drivers.

Or, you ArcadeVGA card could be toast. I've a spare ATI PCIe video card which should work with soft15KHz if you're stuck.

I think there is a conflict of drivers going on, read a similar thread on J+ recently ?

XP has built-in ATI drivers which ArcadeVGA doesn't like and need to be removed before installing the ArcadeVGA ones. Software called drivesweeper can uninstall the default drivers.

Or, you ArcadeVGA card could be toast. I've a spare ATI PCIe video card which should work with soft15KHz if you're stuck.

I'll try drivesweeper so, I am getting the system "seeking" the video card immediately during startup, suggesting the card is indeed borked, pm me about that card will you Bandit, thanks

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll try drivesweeper so, I am getting the system "seeking" the video card immediately during startup, suggesting the card is indeed borked, pm me about that card will you Bandit, thanks

Will do, I'll check the model number on it later on to make sure its compatible.

Master of the Universe

I see Ronnie's Candy 29 sold. Hope that was someone here! :)

heresone for all the neo geo pros!
    I got a new one slot,tried it.didnt work,tried it aain working fine.tried it again now it wont work!
    Just get a garbled screen the "Work test ram"
    cant do anything from there.
    thats with or with out cart

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Give the contacts a good scrub, same with the carts. One of them is probably just dirty.

Master of the Universe

Oh god yeah, more games room pr0n from someone on arcade otaku.

I didn't think Jaleco Pony IIIs were pretty much the same size as my SNK one. Thought they were a lot smaller!

img6006copy.jpg

Well, dumb ass here changed one or two things because he didn't want to have to wait for a game to do some setup thing on Mame and BOOM, I had to redo an entire section, having somehwo overwritten my Shmup romset.
    Just spent 4 hours at it, getting it all back again, 1941 Counter Attack was the worst, had to rebuild the romset of that by hand! Romcenter was a life saver.
    Now though, Raiden Fighters/2/Jet and Viper Phase 1 all run very nicely indeed.
    Raiden works a treat too and while Raiden 2 and DX are not yet emulated properly, I do have them on the PS1, as well as Raiden III on the PS2.
    So the only game of the series I'm missing is Raiden IV.... someday!

Ouch, some of those games take ages to setup the first time alright - never delete the nvram folder :)

Never delete anything!
    Just rename it with a "_" at the start, so you can revert if you've borked it up!
    That's what Kerbdog told me and it looks like i just learned my lesson about forgetting!

I don't even like 1941 that much!

Fup this, I'm off to watch Lillyhammer....

Maximus arcade FTW!

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Maximus arcade Real hardware FTW!

:pac:

Ah yeah but when it comes to pc's!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    :pac:

Non-bootleg real hardware. :P

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Non-bootleg real hardware. :P

How dare you accuse me of using bootlegs!

/Looks at Punisher board.

Oh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cidey. Why did you have to rebuild 1941? Could not just take the rom directly from the mame romset as is?

Cidey. Why did you have to rebuild 1941? Could not just take the rom directly from the mame romset as is?

The Mame version I was using before liked 1941 just fine, but after I borked it up the other day I installed a more recent build and a couple of games decided to protest.
    Also, to add to the texture of this dilemma, I found that no one had a proper 1941 rom.
    So, I cobbled one together from different incomplete sets out there and made a functioning one with Romcenter.

I had a brief go at getting Radirgy and Shikigami 2 to work but no dice, and lack the will to keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

What a balls. I'm on mame 148. Any game I've tried so far has worked and as you say, mame is a heap of work when things go wrong. Ill be sticking to 148 until a major update or change to mame comes.

Also hi scores often no longer work with subsequent versions of mame. The scores are lost as such and have to be restarted.

There are still a few stragglers in my set but feck it, I want to spend more of my time playing games instead of trying to get them working, that sh1t went out with playing with head levels on the cassette deck next to my Spectrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Did you ever post a pic of the cab you picked up?

Well, if that's directed at myself, sure just come to the Beers on the 29th and you can play it yourself!
    In terms of how it looks it's a standard BAS Cabinet, completely stock.
    It had a bizarre cp layout of buttons 1 to 3 in one near vertical line and 4 to 6 parallel, same for P2.
    I made some changes, making two more practical groups of 4 per player, with the 2 spare for P2 blanked off and P1's extra 2 buttons as credit and exit, saves adding buttons.
    I just have to replace the video card and we should be laughing!
    At the mo it takes about 30mins before it finally powers up properly.

Master of the Universe

The monitor takes 30 minutes to warm up? I thought the chassis on that recently had work done no?

Sorry, should have said "boots up", the PC is having issues with the video card, Arcadevga, and half the time tells me there isn't one there, so I have to wait a while, power off then power on again.
    When it does finally power on and "see" the video card it fails booting windows, freezing up, I'd say it's video card related again.
    The guy at Ultimarc says he'll take the Arcadevga card back, check it out and replace it.
    But I'm going to just use an ordinary video card with the right hacked driver, works a treat apparently, give the replacement Arcadevga back to Kerbdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm going to try to get out this time, fell foul to the rule of EnterNow last time:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That candy 29 wasnt me :( Still no word back from Ronnie.

might see if a poster here will part with his Aero City :P

Advertisement