Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I also got an email with pictures of a blast city

Heres the pictures and the body of the email, what do you chaps think?
    "I have a Blast City ready for sale...
    It's in very good condition (check attached pics)
    Screen (original Nanao/Toshiba) is also very good , has some very light burn-in but not visible ingame
    Price is 749 euro ex shipping.
    Optional is a 2 player panel (2L6B) for + 49 euro"

DSC_0005_zpsd189347d.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsd4288268.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsfa085de9.jpg

Looks to be in good nick I think, geometry looks a little off to me. I'm tempted big time

• Registered Users Posts: 34,517 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ask him to provide a photo of the monitor with a test grid just to check that geometry properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Buy it , buy it by it.
    SERIOUS influx of cabs here at the mo, I love it.

What he said :)
    As I said Jack you check out mine if you like,
    Looks like a nice one!

Well got the test screen images. Small geometry issue anyway. What do ye think? He wants an answer soon as possible.

• Advertisement

Posting off my phone for the first time ever aswell haha

Master of the Universe

You're always going to get geometry issues with CRTs on cabs unfortunately. So it's just a matter of seeing what you'd be willing to put up with!

I'd be able to live with that bit of curling on the top, but others might not.

What ya reckon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Well got the test screen images. Small geometry issue anyway. What do ye think? He wants an answer soon as possible.

Top and bottom left of the white grid - why does it veer off the red slightly? Maybe it's not even an issue when a game goes in. Other than that don't see anything wrong with it.

I think thats the way they all are.

looks nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

49 quid for a 2p panel seems decent too, as long as you still get the 1p cp that's on it at the minute.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    49 quid for a 2p panel seems decent too, as long as you still get the 1p cp that's on it at the minute.

Yeah I assume that. Ill have to try haggle him down a little though. What are the power converters he uses like?

In regards to the monitor, worst case scenario, I have to get the chassis serviced right? And that's not a huge deal really. Think ill go for it

this is the one I got off,
    seems to be good quality but only time will tell

http://www.electronic-discount.be/product-details/p-sup-37-hq/shop.htm?lng=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    this is the one I got off,
    seems to be good quality but only time will tell

http://www.electronic-discount.be/product-details/p-sup-37-hq/shop.htm?lng=en

Cheers for that, was curious to know what he used. Does he leave it sitting inside or outside the cab?

o1s1n wrote: »

I'd be able to live with that bit of curling on the top, but others might not.

What ya reckon?

I have some curling on mine which gunblade told me was standard for my setup. These monitors are for industrial use not domestic.

I can increase the vertical size on mine to push the curling off screen with no impact on visible gameplay screen.

However. Looking at this blast I believe the curling to be worse than mine.this is most likely down to the age and usage of the monitor.

Master of the Universe

I can increase the vertical size on mine to push the curling off screen with no impact on visible gameplay screen.

That's what I did to get rid of a bit of the dodgyness around my monitor's edges. Haven't resized it since the cap kit though, must give that a go to see if it solved it.
    However. Looking at this blast I believe the curling to be worse than mine.this is most likely down to the age and usage of the monitor.

I think the curling is fine, but Andrew76 pointed out something interesting there which I hadn't noticed. I can't tell if it's just from the camera taking the photo or if the white is really casting a shadow like that on the top and bottom, left side.

o1s1n wrote: »

That's what I did to get rid of a bit of the dodgyness around my monitor's edges. Haven't resized it since the cap kit though, must give that a go to see if it solved it.

I think the curling is fine, but Andrew76 pointed out something interesting there which I hadn't noticed. I can't tell if it's just from the camera taking the photo or if the white is really casting a shadow like that on the top and bottom, left side.

Yeah I didn't notice that till I zoomed in. Anyone see anything like that before?

I know I'm being fairly anal about this. But its going to be costing me close to 1000 to get this machine so I don't want to regret it

Never seen anything like that colour separation before. Could just be a camera shot issue but if not could be more serious than the curling.

Ask for a second photo.

Btw good spot Andrew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I know I'm being fairly anal about this. But its going to be costing me close to 1000 to get this machine so I don't want to regret it

I think you're dead right to check it out now, you don't want to spend that money and not be totally happy with it when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Never seen anything like that colour separation before. Could just be a camera shot issue but if not could be more serious than the curling.

Ask for a second photo.

Btw good spot Andrew!

Those are convergence problems not uncommon on Blast monitors although nothing really bad and most Arcade monitors have a little on that in the corners, you get it when green, red and blue are not aligned properly and can be resolved with placing or replacing the tiny magnet strips at the back of the yoke .
    It will mean the image there would appear a bit softer in the corners when playing a game .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYB1L8AIeq4

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?231398-ATTN-Blast-City-owners-make-your-own-edge-convergence-strips

Casey120 wrote: »

Those are convergence problems not uncommon on Blast monitors although nothing really bad and most Arcade monitors have a little on that in the corners, you get it when green, red and blue are not aligned properly and can be resolved with placing or replacing the tiny magnet strips at the back of the yoke .
    It will mean the image there would appear a bit softer in the corners when playing a game .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYB1L8AIeq4

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?231398-ATTN-Blast-City-owners-make-your-own-edge-convergence-strips

Excellent, common problem with a fairly handy fix.

Ill email back Ronnie now and tell him I want it but that I want a few quid knocked off because I have to work on the monitor and see what he says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This thread is dangerous, I'm gonna have to disappear next week as its pay time. Might just get stuck into that woody I have and make it into an MVS 161 dedicated cab in the bedroom.

I'm 80% there, Urban ledge made me a lovely CP, new jamma wiring. just need cleaning and wiring, god i'm some procrastinating pup. been at this for months.. might black out the CP though.

8583619000_74b57faaef_c.jpg

Got a reply back, 749 with a 2 player CP. No stepdowns in stock he says.

So should I snap this baby up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Buy buy buy!!!!

Master of the Universe

Go for it man!!

Master of the Universe

I just got this email from Ronnie myself -

Its coming back somewhere next week..
    Ill keep you posted

it is done!

Master of the Universe

it is done!

audience.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Y'all are sum krazee beetches!

Master of the Universe

Absolute cab madness going on in here at the moment, it's amazing :D

• Advertisement

Love it!
    Congrats!!!!!

Advertisement