Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Put my Time Crisis cab back together after getting the chassis back from Gunblade over on Jamma+

Picture is working fine, sound is great, pedal is fine.. Cannot get the gun to work correctly.

Its a brand new gun, but it just wont shoot the screen!

In test mode i can use the gun trigger to go up and down the menu items, but when i go to calibrate it, the screen just wont register a shot. I dunno what the hell im doing wrong.. very frustrating!

I'd say so.
    how does it work?
    senor bar or some reference leds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Put my Time Crisis cab back together after getting the chassis back from Gunblade over on Jamma+

Picture is working fine, sound is great, pedal is fine.. Cannot get the gun to work correctly.

Its a brand new gun, but it just wont shoot the screen!

In test mode i can use the gun trigger to go up and down the menu items, but when i go to calibrate it, the screen just wont register a shot. I dunno what the hell im doing wrong.. very frustrating!

I don't know anything about arcade guns, but I remember the head wrecking days of Lethal Enforcers etc on the 16 bt consoles. A lot of the time the guns would refuse to work & it was all down to how the screen settings were calibrated. The brightness, contrast etc had to be right for the guns to work...could be the same here & you might need to tinker with the screen calibration

• Registered Users Posts: 34,517 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, that sounds like the problem. Light gun games generally need the screen brightness to be up quite a bit. I think if you darken the contrast it should make the dark hit spots easier for the gun to see.

Ill give that a go! Thanks guys!

To be honest im not even sure i have this thing wired up right, Its basically plugged in using the "does it fit here, yeh, ok in you go" method. it seems right though since the trigger is working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Are there any generic gun, pedal and other accessory solutions that would hook up in a candy cab?

Either for mame or a dedicated pcb.

Links please!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

The gun on a time crisis use an opto sensor, these can easily be damaged.

They proble is with the following I would think
    A). Wiring ( are you sure its wired correctly, when you pull the trigger does the screen flash)
    B). Sensor board on the MOBO (Any Damage)
    C). Opto s in the gun ( Open Gun up and make sure they are in place)

purplec wrote: »
    The gun on a time crisis use an opto sensor, these can easily be damaged.

They problem is with the following I would think
    A). Wiring ( are you sure its wired correctly, when you pull the trigger does the screen flash)
    B). Sensor board on the MOBO (Any Damage)
    C). Opto s in the gun ( Open Gun up and make sure they are in place)

Hey, thanks a lot..

A) Screen flashes when i shoot, Doesn't register as shooting the screen though if you know what i mean, it does work though, in the service menu i can use the trigger to select items. BUT on the service screen it says "shoot screen to move up" and "shoot outside screen to move down" I can only move down, even if i shoot the screen it registers as outside the screen so only goes down.

B) Dunno here, from what i have been reading, the Gun Board is separate from the system 22 cage thing? I do have a small board separate alright, it doesn't look damaged, but i dunno what to look for i guess. I didn't realize that this board was the gun board until i started doing some research this morning.

C) This gun i bought is brand new so i doubt its not working, its possible though. here is the exact one i bought.
    http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/shooting_parts/time_crisis_gun_assembly/13199.html

Master of the Universe

Maybe you're just a really bad shot... ;)

Master of the Universe

Sold my Ikea table over the weekend. Isn't it amazing how good things look as they're about to go out the front door? :(

On the plus side, it's left a nice big arcade machine sized gap in the sitting room...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sold my Ikea table over the weekend. Isn't it amazing how good things look as they're about to go out the front door? :(

You should buy a Vectrex with the funds :)

Master of the Universe

You should buy a Vectrex with the funds :)

Hah! That would be gas :D

My adventure with the Vectrex well and truly ended with my last one. As much as I love that console they're just too damn obscure for me to get fixed.

Any luck yourself with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Any luck yourself with it?

Nope, still sitting on the shelf towering over all the other puny consoles :D
    I'll get around to it some day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love my Vectrex
    Nothing touches playing the Asteroids game on it aside, perhaps, of the real cab.
    And Richard Hutchinson is a god!

Yep, that sounds like the problem. Light gun games generally need the screen brightness to be up quite a bit. I think if you darken the contrast it should make the dark hit spots easier for the gun to see.

Tried this there, still the same.. i think i have this plugged in wrong or else i need a new gun controller board. God damn it!

Master of the Universe

Close one eye and aim down the iron sights...:pac:

That's really bloody frustrating, so close :(

Some namco gun stuff for sale on jamma+

cant see them? do you have a link?

Thanks

Thanks.. looks like the gun board is gone judging from the posts.

• Advertisement

diff gun board and that games uses a camera so no loss

Time Crisis - V159

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are http://www.coinopexpress.com/ a decent site to use for purchasing a full cabinet or will the shipping cost be far too expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭ondafly

Are http://www.coinopexpress.com/ a decent site to use for purchasing a full cabinet or will the shipping cost be far too expensive?

http://www.rklok.nl/

Based in Europe so you won't get stung for vat and duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ah good man chopper.
    On the look out for a cab...what have you got in mind?
    If its a candy cab then Ronnie or Jeff are your man.
    Otherwise Mitch on adverts for woodies

I'd recommend Ronnie or Mitch!
    not the other fella ;)

good few woodies on adverts/dungdeal at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

We must have one of the highest poster to cab ratio on any forum at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Casey120 wrote: »

Sweet jesus that is some collection of cabs! :eek:

• Advertisement

We must have one of the highest poster to cab ratio on any forum at this stage :P

whats the story on the blast?

Advertisement