Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

tuxy wrote: »
    "Invalid Social Group Discussion specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Ok thanks.......
    Works for me. trying going into the gaming groups category it should be at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Magill wrote: »
    Right... had enough trying to solo... any small groups i can tag along with ? Can join comms if yas use any.

I'll probably be on the Boards mumble tonight at around 8PM or so. I'll be trying to meet up with another group in game, so I'm sure you can tag along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hawke wrote: »
    Works for me. trying going into the gaming groups category it should be at the top.

It's not showing up there but I found it with a google search thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'll probably be on the Boards mumble tonight at around 8PM or so. I'll be trying to meet up with another group in game, so I'm sure you can tag along.

dead on, does anyone have the boards mumble details btw ?

Magill wrote: »
    dead on, does anyone have the boards mumble details btw ?

It's been posted in that place that's really easy to find :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lacoona wrote: »
    And the dictatorship strengthens, now not only are you hoarding for yourselves - which is fine, you are now dictating who can play and who cannot.
    It's easy to find Liberation in this scenario, start another server :D and we aren't hoarding, we have found other camps that had far more than us.
    As a server admin, you are not allowed lock the server for "testing" - that's a dev's job. Also, if you are accepting donations, do you not think it proper to update everyone on server restarts/changes to the server? I'm not moaning, I'm just seriously concerned with the fact that some people are actually going to follow you on this and not get the full benefits of playing this game. It's unfortunate that there is only one Irish server for Irish players, run by someone who clearly has no respect for the players who play on the server.

LOL you expect Dev's to test each host server, yea good luck with that. I update people on the server when I'm going to restart most of the time but sadly the tool for sending server wide messages is rather unstable.

Why moan about the server I run, just start your own server or use one of the others, no-one is forcing you to use the IRE1 server. You actually have freewill ! :p

It's got 100+ members

Label: boards.ie tactical shooter
    Address: ireland.clanwarz.com
    Port: 64739
    Username: [insert own username here]
    Password: shooter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Ah... my bike didn't bloody save. What a sweet ride that was.

Villain wrote: »

Why moan about the server I run, just start your own server or use one of the others, no-one is forcing you to use the IRE1 server. You actually have freewill ! :p

Isn't the idea of the hive to create some kind of cross server community?

• Advertisement

Isn't the idea of the hive to create some kind of cross server community?
    Sure and there is loads to choose from, but hey why not put the effort into creating one yourself. Some people talk and some people do ;)

Sure and there is loads to choose from, but hey why not put the effort into creating one yourself. Some people talk and some people do ;)

But I have not complained about the boards server :confused:

But I have not complained about the boards server :confused:
    Perhaps I read too much into your question, apologies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

It's easy to find Liberation in this scenario, start another server :D and we aren't hoarding, we have found other camps that had far more than us.

LOL you expect Dev's to test each host server, yea good luck with that. I update people on the server when I'm going to restart most of the time but sadly the tool for sending server wide messages is rather unstable.

So what you're saying is "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to". I have been playing on other servers for more than a week now, I have 0 interest in playing on yours. I do however, have an interest in how the server is being run for the Irish community, and 100% do not tolerate the "our way or the high way" attitude you reek of. If you do implement a server lock down, I'm personally going to report you to the dev's. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Wow, Lacoona...I've never seen somebody that has such a giant hardon for drama as you do.

I really hope that's all you have to say in this matter, as my head hurts from reading your drivel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Picked up a crossbow there,but I only have 1 bloody Bolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Locking down the server is part and parcel to updating a server on any game for testing.

I've had to do this on my own servers for other games in case whatever changes I made didn't screw the thing up giving me a headache to fix it and telling everyone to get off the server again.

So what you're saying is "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to". I have been playing on other servers for more than a week now, I have 0 interest in playing on yours. I do however, have an interest in how the server is being run for the Irish community, and 100% do not tolerate the "our way or the high way" attitude you reek of. If you do implement a server lock down, I'm personally going to report you to the dev's. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.

If you had a real interest you would spend your time on hosting a server rather than moaning about one from over a 1000.

If you want to report the server for been locked while testing to mammy work away, however next time you are looking for a server to join check out how many are locked or password protected first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Wow I can't believe the attitude of Villain here. It's a game and yet you talk like your lord muck around here.

I'll find different FREE servers to play on that's not run by a moanbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

i loved how this thread evolved over the 255 pages.....

i didn't know villian till i played dayz, and from talking to him he's a decent guy and helps out anyone if he can in game or just getting pc help.
    you guys just need to drop it stop the drama play the game don't like it play on another server. your not forced to join this particular server over the other 1000 or so servers.

Wow I can't believe the attitude of Villain here. It's a game and yet you talk like your lord muck around here.

I'll find different FREE servers to play on thats not run by a dick.
    There no FREE servers but there are people who don't contribute to servers yet play them.

• Advertisement

There no FREE servers but there are people who don't contribute to servers yet play them.

Two points

* I was not aware that the public funded these. (Having paid for the game, most other games I paid for never asked for money to play on a server)

* I would gladly pay a contribution to a server not run by lord buzz killington.

Two points

* I was not aware that the public funded these. (Having paid for the game, most other games I paid for never asked for money to play on a server)

* I would gladly pay a contribution to a server not run by lord buzz killington.
    Most servers are paid for by someone and managed by someone. People can contribute and don't need to pay to help out but it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alyxm

I'll find different FREE servers to play on that's not run by a moanbag.
    I don't see any moaning in his posts or any other posts except those whom argued with him. I take that back, its not arguing, its just babies moaning to a man holding his own lolly and they want it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Most servers are paid for by someone and managed by someone. People can contribute and don't need to pay to help out but it helps.

Well I play Team Fortress 2, World of tanks and Dawn of war 2 online without any of this messing around.

I thought that the games company itself hosted the servers which were funded by the massive revenue and advertising they made from the game+websites.

I understand that this is a free mod and was not produced by major developer. On Dayz FAQ webpage it says that they are not currently accepting donations. How am I supposed to know that Villian is?

So if I see him whining about closing his server down and telling people to go cry to their mammy forgive me if I think his attitude sucks.

And Here I though I found a friendly Irish gaming community.

Well I play Team Fortress 2, World of tanks and Dawn of war 2 online without any of this messing around.

I thought that the games company itself hosted the servers which were funded by the massive revenue and advertising they made from the game+websites.

I understand that this is a free mod and was not produced by major developer. On Dayz FAQ webpage it says that they are not currently accepting donations. How am I supposed to know that Villian is?
    You'll just have to trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So if I see him whining about closing his server down and telling people to go cry to their mammy forgive me if I think his attitude sucks.

And Here I though I found a friendly Irish gaming community.

How much of this thread did you even read... it sounds like you read the last two pages and thats it.

Villain said he was will close the server for a short while for some testing after he changes the config files and all that techy stuff and that he will let the people who donate and those who are active on the mumble in to test it.. and then everybody who has yet to donate and is not ever on the mumble started complaining and moaning to him and insulting him... then you come along and you haven't even read much of the thread and you start complaining about him too?

Most games do have a lot of servers by the game developer but also allow users to host their own servers if they buy hosting space from some provider..

Forgive me if I think you're an idiot.

Well I play Team Fortress 2, World of tanks and Dawn of war 2 online

nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Lol at the cheap shots. I called Villain on this, and it wasnt about testing either. He clearly dictated that he intended to lock the server allowing only those who donated to it to join, and I pointed out that he couldnt.

The rest is smoke and mirrors. He cant do this, and if he does, as you can see from the posts of myself and others, we will call him on it. Its against the ethos of the game, and its nothing but childish to bandy about cat calls about running to mammy.

Its a public server, and we are the public!

TheFairy wrote: »
    Lol at the cheap shots. I called Villain on this, and it wasnt about testing either. He clearly dictated that he intended to lock the server allowing only those who donated to it to join, and I pointed out that he couldnt.

The rest is smoke and mirrors. He cant do this, and if he does, as you can see from the posts of myself and others, we will call him on it. Its against the ethos of the game, and its nothing but childish to bandy about cat calls about running to mammy.

Its a public server, and we are the public!
    You do realize he can shut it down at any time he wants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Alyxm wrote: »
    You do realize he can shut it down at any time he wants

That's not a very good way to gain any credibility...

No one is stopping him, we all clearly know that. I've run clan servers etc for years so know the ins and outs of it. You ask peeps to donate if they want to. If they dont you do not cock yer leg and take aim!

That's not a very good way to gain any credibility...
    Stop moaning, most people in the server join for free like any other, and besides, if he shuts it down how does that make him care about his credibility. He clearly doesn't give a ****, as the amount of people playing his server isn't in the 10s of thousands, only people will be annoyed will be the likes of you, oh wait you're already annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

No one is stopping him, we all clearly know that. I've run clan servers etc for years so know the ins and outs of it. You ask peeps to donate if they want to. If they dont you do not cock yer leg and take aim!

But most games and most servers do add a lot of benefits to those who donate.
    Anyone who donates on this server just does it because they enjoy playing on the server.
    Anybody who hasn't donated has the exact same experience as those who have so I don't know where you're getting this "cock yer leg and take aim" attitude from..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

so let me get this right.....

villian locked the server for "testing reasons..."
    he then only allowed the people who have donated to join the server...

hmmm....

personally, with no disrespect to anyone individually, but that sounds like ye wanted to have free time to run around, gather vehicles, crashed heli sites etc etc etc...

or am I reading too much into this?

Laviski wrote: »
    nuff said

Game Snobbery is it?

But most games and most servers do add a lot of benefits to those who donate.
    Anyone who donates on this server just does it because they enjoy playing on the server.
    Anybody who hasn't donated has the exact same experience as those who have so I don't know where you're getting this "cock yer leg and take aim" attitude from..
    He's saying why lock it and only let those who donate in, this is the case as they keep claiming.

Villian and friends, you seem to be missing the general consensus here, and its clearly that you "seem" to be taking the high ground when we pointed out you couldn't do what you proposed.

No need to turn it into a slanging match. Its clear which players play within the boards groups by their mis aimed replies.

You cannot lock the server for donating players, end off. Get over it and we can all move on. Ive had have my suspicions about the locked for testing, but you have stated it was for other reasons.

Villian and friends, you seem to be missing the general consensus here, and its clearly that you "seem" to be taking the high ground when we pointed out you couldn't do what you proposed.

No need to turn it into a slanging match. Its clear which players play within the boards groups by their mis aimed replies.

You cannot lock the server for donating players, end off. Get over it and we can all move on. Ive had have my suspicions about the locked for testing, but you have stated it was for other reasons.
    Villain can shut it down and you wont have your lovely day fluffing about in the server anyway, so shut up already, no one gets in not even the paying supporters.

• Advertisement

...Anybody who hasn't donated has the exact same experience as those who have so I don'....

Ok so when do I get to help test the server, and who do speak to to get the pass when its locked?

so let me get this right.....

villian locked the server for "testing reasons..."
    he then only allowed the people who have donated to join the server...

hmmm....

personally, with no disrespect to anyone individually, but that sounds like ye wanted to have free time to run around, gather vehicles, crashed heli sites etc etc etc...

or am I reading too much into this?
    If you want stuff in this game that bad we would just server hop at deer stands or crashed chopper spawns. I have found almost 10 vehicles just running around on foot and they respawn due to being blown up, not used or server issues all the time.

Alyxm wrote: »
    Villain can shut it down and you wont have your lovely day fluffing about in the server anyway, so shut up already, no one gets in not even the paying supporters.

7 posts in? LOL at you.

If you want stuff in this game that bad we would just server hop at deer stands or crashed chopper spawns. I have found almost 10 vehicles just running around on foot and they respawn due to being blown up, not used or server issues all the time.
    Exactly

7 posts in? LOL at you.
    No need to turn it into a slanging match

Come on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Not a dayz player but I read the last page or so of posts, if people are not happy with the server they are playing on why not create there own or join another?

I understand that there is rules to having a dayz server and if the boards server breached them then they should be penalized, but complaining here wont do much, go join another more professional server or get a dedicated server and start your own game.

• Advertisement

Come on now.
    I just don't know any more.. these kids

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

+1

seriously...

just get bk topic on OP.
    Anything server related you can you just direct it to the dayz social group.

or follow Limericks post and create your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i agree back on topic, now who was the woman who had her evil way with me by the airfield earlier...
    You were kind enough to leave my sniper rifle but why take the bullets...why...

just after that i spawned in the debug area and could not move...it happened about 10 times tonight and when i did spawn i ended up face to face with a inch of zeds...

i blame the negative energy from this thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

does this mod install through steam or is it seperate? and what games do I need to buy for it? What add ons for Arma? thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement