Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Are deporvillage a decent site? Reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭sk8board

Are deporvillage a decent site? Reliable?

Plenty folks here have used them in the past - it’s my first time on this particular site.
    If you look at their reviews they’re very good generally but the recent ones are awful, almost all recent British buyers surprised at getting charged customs fees(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

https://youtu.be/9FFMZdfizTU

Some may find this interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

https://youtu.be/9FFMZdfizTU

Some may find this interesting.....

I’ve a pair arriving early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Anyone using the endorphin speeds as their everyday running shoe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Using them for sessions/tempo and long run so that's 3 out of 5 pw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

I probably use them for about 75% of my runs too. I work away so just bring one pair with me when flying to work and it’s the speeds I bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Help!

So I'm in the market for a road shoe.
    I'm doing about 30km a week, but hoping to get that up to 40km in coming months.
    Just want something comfortable, and reliable.

I'm wearing NB trail runners currently (got them for a Gaelforce event), had been finding them pretty comfortable for road running, but big toe is coming through the mesh (this has happened before mind).
    Haven't given too much thought to budget, only wary about spending a packet and having my toe come through after about 100km - so any shoe that can somewhat prevent that would be of benefit.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Yup, 4 or 5 runs a week. Only time I don't is when its very wet, use Boston 8s then, can't beat the conti rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Finally... on their way :D

Adizero_Adios_Pro_Shoes_Orange_GZ8952_01_standard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I accidentally bought a pair of these last night too! Discovered the "draw" yesterday evening, entered it and woke up to an email saying these were on their way.

With no xc season, this last year has been the first year in a long time that I've really spent money on road shoes. But it's getting ridiculous now...

sk8board wrote: »
    Deporvillage have all sizes of Endorphin Speed for €150 delivered, incl 8% discount voucher RNT7.

Finally got my hands on a 10.5/46 to replace my Boston’s.

Did you order these and if so, has the order processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Down South wrote: »
    Using them for sessions/tempo and long run so that's 3 out of 5 pw

Quick question, why would you use them for a long run if long runs are meant to be easy?

Or are you adding speed to long runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Quick question, why would you use them for a long run if long runs are meant to be easy?

Or are you adding speed to long runs?

The Speed is currently my go-to shoe for long runs, not because I want to run faster, my long runs are at a very controlled easy pace by HR.
    I wear them because they are comfortable, cushioned and my legs feel great after a long easy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    The Speed is currently my go-to shoe for long runs, not because I want to run faster, my long runs are at a very controlled easy pace by HR.
    I wear them because they are comfortable, cushioned and my legs feel great after a long easy run.

Same for me. Very easy on the legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Down South wrote: »
    Same for me. Very easy on the legs

I bought the Speeds about two weeks ago based on recommendations from this thread . They are the most comfortable runners I have had in a while. I’ve only worn them so far on faster runs ( relatively / my fast not that fast ) and my legs are are in much better condition the next day than I’ve grown to expect . I’m going to chance on a long run tomorrow as can’t take another ten mile with squashed /cramping toes .

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Asics Kayano, I usually have a few pairs on the go, the older the muddier until the soles wear out.

I'm trying a wide fit for the first time but they seem slightly bigger lengthwise as well so I won't run on them until they're broken in and I can lace them to the shape of my feet.

Usually cheap enough on the asics store too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Nike have a sale on at the moment and members get an extra 20% off. Costs nothing to be a member

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/air-zoom-pegasus-36-running-shoe-D24Mcz/AQ2203-400

€68 if anyone needs a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

So my Hyperion Tempos arrived.

Pretty disappointing shoe. Or maybe I’m just spoiled with the Endorphin Speeds

They feel so flat and unresponsive. I did get the feeling they were making me lean a bit more forward into a more falling forward gait but that might have been all in my head.

I only did 3k in them the other day as a warm up before I was changing to the speeds for a tempo session. Intended on sending them back but the label on the inner sole was already damaged so stuck with them. Did another 7 today and it was a better experience, not sure what runs I’d use them for going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Slideways wrote: »

They feel so flat and unresponsive. I did get the feeling they were making me lean a bit more forward into a more falling forward gait but that might have been all in my head.

I only did 3k in them the other day as a warm up before I was changing to the speeds for a tempo session. Intended on sending them back but the label on the inner sole was already damaged so stuck with them. Did another 7 today and it was a better experience, not sure what runs I’d use them for going forward.

Mine are shelved for the time being, haven't been enthused to use them after their first few outings.

• Advertisement

React Infinity 77 euro with MARCH21 on Nike App. Only a few sizes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sent back the Invincibles after two runs (Nike's returns service really is excellent) and on the recommendations here, decided to go for some Endorphin Speeds on rubhub. Just did my first 5k in them and compared to my matched runs on strava...

51008599258_53cce21410_z.jpg

First time doing under 25 minutes since returning to running. "Relative effort" my arse Strava, I just felt I couldn't go faster in the Infinitys (hence the Invincibles); today I felt I could gone a bit faster again. Really curious what time I could do on a relatively flat course. Of course what I really need is to do some weights, work on my form and get rid of the bag of spuds I'm carrying, but it's the first time I've felt that I'm not completely tapped out owing to age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Wearing Endophin speed for two weeks now, it’s really noticeable that runs are feeling easier, the effort is less, HR is a good ten beats per minute lower than average over the same routes I always do and I’m seeing results in harder sessions too. Very comfortable too I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tmh106

event wrote: »
    Nike have a sale on at the moment and members get an extra 20% off. Costs nothing to be a member

Thanks, ordered a pair. Had the -33 before and really liked it, so it will be interesting to see how the 36 compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

Oh was that me?? Haha. Thought the OP meant the Alphafly.

Yes I got the fuelcell TC. Wore them first in a 10k session and wasn't necessarily blown away (loved them but expected more). In hindsight perhaps taking them out on a soaking wet day which involved mostly puddle dodging wasn't the best idea.

I then wore them on a longer tempo session and that's where I found they came into their own. So if I was to pick a session style to wear them it would be longer tempos. I would say probably ideal for people doing marathon paced sessions and even race day. For me I'll save them for long tempo style runs.
    I bought my TC the same time as you but only used them for the first time today.
    I absolutely love them, really I couldn’t believe how good they felt. I only intended to do an easy 6 miles and ended up doing 10 and according to Strava it was a 10 mile PB! I actually might even prefer them to the Endorphin Speeds which is something I’d never thought I’d say about any shoe!
    Now wondering if the TC are this good what must the RC be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

event wrote: »

Hey how do you get the extra 20% off? Is it for a new sign up (I’m already a member).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tmh106

higster wrote: »
    Hey how do you get the extra 20% off? Is it for a new sign up (I’m already a member).

You have to enter the discount code for members that they display on the website - it was on a banner at the top of the page when I logged in. I think it was MARCH21 (or maybe MARCH31). You entered it on the checkout page.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

tmh106 wrote: »
    You have to enter the discount code for members that they display on the website - it was on a banner at the top of the page when I logged in. I think it was MARCH21 (or maybe MARCH31). You entered it on the checkout page.

Got it thanks. MARCH21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Had my first run in these today. No comparison with the Asics MetaRacer. I've never run in one of Nike's equivalent 'super shoes', but I found these a bit crazy - just very, very easy to run quite fast in them!

Very weird feeling - just bouncing along. A bit disconcerting really...they're definitely good for the ego, but I'm not sure if they're good for the soul!

I could see how tempting it would be to wear them for sessions but I've put them back in the box until a proper target race comes along. Similar to how I treat my race spikes, bring them out for the races for the extra few %!

I usually just switch between xc and track seasons and my preference for road shoes is usually low-profile with plenty of feel for the road, so these were just an entirely different proposition. I wasn't even sure how stable they were when I was warming-up. But they're fast and they're comfortable (I went half a size up). And I definitely think you have to draw a line between pbs achieved in this sort of shoe and the shoes of the past.

I probably still prefer running in the MetaRacer (because it feels like you're still actually connected to the ground) but if I wanted to run a pb in a road race tomorrow, over any distance, I'd wear the Adios Pro.
    Slideways wrote: »

I like the Hyperion Tempo - I think they're just a comfortable road shoe. And I don't think they should be part of the same consideration set as their competitors' carbon plate / high stack shoes. I'm wearing them for bog-standard road sessions at the minute. If they were cheaper, I'd certainly buy another pair or two (because I like Brooks fit/sizing).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone have any advice on the Asics Gel Cumulus 22's?

Will be used as an everyday training shoes anywhere up to half-marathon distance. I usually use Pegasus 37's but want to mix it up a bit.

Advertisement