Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

:confused:
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    It's bad when people are getting excited over the new Fabia...
    I never said I was excited about it just that it is coming. Who knows it might look good.
    Sweet jesus that's horrible, could they stick anymore tacky chrome bits on the front?? and would you look at the state of those headrests on the killer seats...
    2012 Fabia meets Tucson it's their love child...
    Lol that made me laugh. I think it looks nice and chunky and certainly has more style than a VW Toerag.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

bazz26 wrote: »
    They still managed to carry over some dashboard switches/buttons from the 1998 Lancer.

My guess Is the electric mirror switch? Everything else in the interior looks fairly modern

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

New Honda HRV, that is one awkwardly-proportioned car. You could hide an entire family in the wheel arches

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/hr-v/354186/new-2021-honda-hr-v-hybrid-suv-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

New Honda HRV, that is one awkwardly-proportioned car. You could hide an entire family in the wheel arches

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/hr-v/354186/new-2021-honda-hr-v-hybrid-suv-revealed
    Oh god, it's so bland! And look, they gave an entire dashboard position for the hazard button alone.

Honda%20HR-V%202021.jpg

A family of midget midgets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

nerobert wrote: »
    My guess Is the electric mirror switch? Everything else in the interior looks fairly modern

Heated seat switches look like an afterthought and they had some left over from the Lancer. Steering wheel stalks look fairly standard Mitsubishi from the last 20 years too. Small things admittedly but these are the type of things that I tend to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Much like the old one. Offical announcement is tomorrow

The YouTube Qashqai reveal - disclaimer - I haven't watched it yet but I will shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymDB41fA2nc%3Futm_source%3Dtwitter&utm_medium=organicsocial&utm_campaign=feb21_calendar&utm_content=qashqai

Ms

advertsfox wrote: »
    Oh god, it's so bland! And look, they gave an entire dashboard position for the hazard button alone.

Honda%20HR-V%202021.jpg

Its might be bland but at least its tidy and classy although I agree the outside of the car us very dull. I prefer the last model more.

Pipmae wrote: »

It's very dull compared to the new Tucson or even a Peugeot 3008. The interior is very dull too. Big disappointment from Nissan. Maybe if this had come out 4 or 5 years ago ok but now it just looks bland and over styled on the wrong places.
    I hope the next Renault Kadjar is better than this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

nerobert wrote: »

It's an improvement from the previous interior, which wasn't hard. The previous cabin was like a London taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

It's an improvement from the previous interior, which wasn't hard. The previous cabin was like a London taxi.

On the same topic of old parts, my 14 Polo has the same coolant bottle as a 90s golf. I’m pretty sure the indicator stalks are from older VW’s too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Beshoff Motors sold it, they’ve pictures of it up on their Instagram now.

I wonder when was the last time a Rolls Royce was registered new in Ireland? 2008 I think?

See Mcgregor has pics of this car on his Insta today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Ace2007 wrote: »

He'll be penniless in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

had our car for 7 or 8 weeks, not put fuel in it yet. hows that for economy? :-)

Ms

What is it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    What is it?

The Roller from a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Imagine having to put two toddlers and car seats in it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

That’s put me off the car completely now.

If I owned one. I’d probably get it crushed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

So we're buying one of these to replace my Octavia RS, screenshots attached.

Just have to do the haggle dance tomorrow with the dealership.

I did load up on the options, was disappointed slightly that the upgraded sound system as well as a panoramic roof are not available on Irish cars but it is what it is.

Comparing PCP to HP at the list price with a €6k deposit I will be going HP €460/month over 5 years compared to €409/month for 3 years with the notorious balloon payment.

Obviously I hope to bring this down by some euros tomorrow. I'll let ye know how I get on.

Beautiful wheel + colour combination!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

skodacb wrote: »
    So we're buying one of these to replace my Octavia RS, screenshots attached.

Just have to do the haggle dance tomorrow with the dealership.

I did load up on the options, was disappointed slightly that the upgraded sound system as well as a panoramic roof are not available on Irish cars but it is what it is.

Comparing PCP to HP at the list price with a €6k deposit I will be going HP €460/month over 5 years compared to €409/month for 3 years with the notorious balloon payment.

Obviously I hope to bring this down by some euros tomorrow. I'll let ye know how I get on.

Why not the 1.5TSI? I think you'll find the 110bhp insufficient in the Octavia, especially coming from a VRS (Diesel I presume? :D )

It'll add 3k or 50 euro a month but it's much more suited to the size of the car.

• Advertisement

If you haven't bought the car, I would have to also recommend you compare quotes with the 1.5 TSI 150bhp and see if it fits in your budget.

I have it in my Karoq and it's fantastic - a very well reviewed engine on Boards with the manual or auto (mainly in Golfs, Octavia, Ateca etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Why not the 1.5TSI? I think you'll find the 110bhp insufficient in the Octavia, especially coming from a VRS (Diesel I presume? :D )

It'll add 3k or 50 euro a month but it's much more suited to the size of the car.

I'd agree. If it was me I'd go for the diesel. Seems to be very little price difference between PCP and HP, is the HP over 5 years?
    Sorry just saw it was over 5 years.. What interest rate is the HP? Is 0% available on PCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Blind spot isn’t worth €500, I’d sooner drop it and put the money towards the better engine.

It’s a great feature, just not worth €500

I'd agree. If it was me I'd go for the diesel. Seems to be very little price difference between PCP and HP, is the HP over 5 years?
    Sorry just saw it was over 5 years.. What interest rate is the HP? Is 0% available on PCP?

2.9% on PCP, 3.9% on HP.

I done diesel twice, and my mileage just doesn't justify it. I only put up 29,500 miles over 4 years from new on the RS.

I may go for the 1.5TSI depending on pricing. I don't really want to break the €500/month with a baby on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

skodacb wrote: »
    2.9% on PCP, 3.9% on HP.

I done diesel twice, and my mileage just doesn't justify it. I only put up 29,500 miles over 4 years from new on the RS.

I may go for the 1.5TSI depending on pricing. I don't really want to break the €500/month with a baby on the way.

That's fair enough with that mileage, sensible decision. The 1 litre should be perfect for small mileage like that. Are you getting dsg or manual? DSG with the acc and the electric handbrake would make a lovely car.

So deal done. Total price with change of VRT, delivery and the optional extras brought list price to just shy of €33k. Struck a deal at €31k.

Left it as the 1.0L TSI and looking at a 12-16wk delivery time frame, covid dependent.

HP @ 3.9% over 5 years working out at €455/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you keeping the RS?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are you keeping the RS?

No sold her to dealer in Dungarvan for €18k cash. Hopefully the next owner will enjoy it as much as I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The RS are making good money these days.

I think the clever money is on the 1.0 petrols in the new model. The higher end of the range are just too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Looking for something to replace my Volvo V60, it does not work with a bad back.

Strongly considering scrapping the wifes old Leon as well and getting a new Cupra Formentor as we don't need two motors anymore. Had a look at the 1.5 TSI in blue/grey or camo green. Its a very nice crossover. Opinions?

Advertisement