Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭latency89

ELM327 wrote: »
    False, collecting a car that is ordered is not against the law.

Good to know

Anything else that falls under that same law elm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭User1998

Jaysus that hit a few nerves ...

I’ve bought and sold many cars over the past few months none of which were delivered. I was just pointing out that its up to the person weather they want to take the risk or not. Cars are supposed to be purchased online and delivered to your door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭User1998

ELM327 wrote: »
    False, collecting a car that is ordered is not against the law.

So click and collect is still allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Go collect your car, we are turning into a nanny state altogether. Make no stops along the way or on the way back and you not be exposing yourself or anyone else to any risk. Getting an email from the garage would be good idea for peace of mind alright.

My father in law collected a new car second week of January and met a checkpoint on the way home, the guard just admired the car and sent him on his way.

we did the same and got stopped, Gard just wanted to know if we were heading home. I don't know how observant he was but we passed through half an hour previously in the old car, so had nothing to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

User1998 wrote: »
    So click and collect is still allowed?

Where you ordered before the current lockdown. Clearly this policy wasn’t meant for cars, but that’s what the Govt guidance says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kenn0

Any pictures of 211 cars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I actually forgot to post a picture of the wife's new Koraq but seeing the thread pop up again earlier reminded me.

1.5TSI Manual Sportsline in Steel Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kenn0

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I actually forgot to post a picture of the wife's new Koraq but seeing the thread pop up again earlier reminded me.

Nice nice and very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very nice. Well wear.

I saw a 211 Hyundai Tucson today in navy blue MH reg 414. The driver was just getting out of it and my hands were full with shopping so no chance to get a picture but maybe next time

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭easyvision

It annoys me when people say “I seen”. Grammatically incorrect. It’s I saw!!! Sorry grammar police! You would have to say , I have seen to be correct. I seen doesn’t even sound right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bores.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Excellent colour choice, a real head turner! And the 1.5 is a fantastic engine. I was so tempted by the sportsline but I promised myself heated leather seats whenever I bought new (esp. with the kids) and they don't offer it with the Sports for some reason. Best of luck with the new car!

PS: It's great to see the Karoq getting this many new drivers, I haven't seen a lot of them out and about (it's usually the Kodiac).

Here's my 2nd one I collected on Tuesday :) For anyone who's only getting the 211 version for the first time, it has a good amount of changes that don't include to the body. The Infotainment display has been upgraded to the MIB-3 (faster, and much smooth, better communication, wireless Android Auto / CarPlay). The 1 x USB 2.0 port in the drawer has been changed to 2 x USB C 3.0 Ports (with the removal of the CD Player / SD Card reader). And the removal boot LED / torch is gone for a standard bulb. And the steering wheel is a brand new design with a hollow at the bottom - really makes a difference.

CuV82mx.jpg

qeTuj9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Cork2021

advertsfox wrote: »
    Here's my 2nd one I collected on Tuesday :) For anyone who's only getting the 211 version for the first time, it has a good amount of changes that don't include to the body. The Infotainment display has been upgraded to the MIB-3 (faster, and much smooth, better communication, wireless Android Auto / CarPlay). The 1 x USB 2.0 port in the drawer has been changed to 2 x USB C 3.0 Ports (with the removal of the CD Player / SD Card reader). And the removal boot LED / torch is gone for a standard bulb. And the steering wheel is a brand new design with a hollow at the bottom - really makes a difference.

CuV82mx.jpg

qeTuj9e.jpg

How much was the virtual dash? I never even looked at it.

Cork2021 wrote: »
    How much was the virtual dash? I never even looked at it.
    It was €521 and for me, it's very much worth it. It's well designed and great for maps.

vF3hhHb.png

advertsfox wrote: »
    It was €521 and for me, it's very much worth it. It's well designed and great for maps.

vF3hhHb.png

Herself wouldn't pay out for the Vitural Dash. Said she prefers the normal dials so I didn't push it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I know the Seat Ateca is renowned as been very good to drive and one of the best in its class. How does the karoq compare? Its seems to have the wheels to be a good driver.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I know the Seat Ateca is renowned as been very good to drive and one of the best in its class. How does the karoq compare? Its seems to have the wheels to be a good driver.

The 1.5L manual is good to drive. I prefer it over the 2.0L diesel. I wouldn't actually drive it over my ID3 though given the choice.

Herself wouldn't pay out for the Vitural Dash. Said she prefers the normal dials so I didn't push it.
    And she's right, its not a "have to have" upgrade so nothing wrong with the normal setup, the main head unit gives you everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Cork2021

AMKC wrote: »

I’m finding it to be an excellent drive, even on some of the bumpy roads I drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The 1.5L manual is good to drive. I prefer it over the 2.0L diesel. I wouldn't actually drive it over my ID3 though given the choice.

Why do you prefer the petrol over the diesel? It would take a lot of persuasion to get me back into a petrol.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Why do you prefer the petrol over the diesel? It would take a lot of persuasion to get me back into a petrol.

Quieter, smoother and seems to be a little more between the gears lower down.

Not doing the milage anymore to justify a diesel either.

Quieter, smoother and seems to be a little more between the gears lower down.

Not doing the milage anymore to justify a diesel either.

Be interesting to see what mpg you get, I've never driven the 1.5 I believe it's supposed to be very smooth similar to the 1.4 it replaced. I had a 1.4 TSI in an Octavia and it was beautiful to drive, maybe you'll convince me.. previous trauma from the 1 litre still lingers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

We have the 1.5TSI in the Ateca FR and while it's a nice engine I feel like it could do with a bit more torque which is where the diesel engine might suit better.

It's nippy, but it's definitely not quick. I also thought the fuel economy would be a bit better, our long term is 39 mpg, but with covid and WFH that's mostly been on short trips. It still only has 9k on the clock so maybe that will improve as it beds in a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I had a 1.4 TSI in an Octavia and it was beautiful to drive, maybe you'll convince me.. previous trauma from the 1 litre still lingers..

The 148bhp version? It's nicer than any diesel I reckon, bar the economy, so wondering why you'd need convincing to return to petrol if that's what you left

Hurrache wrote: »
    The 148bhp version? It's nicer than any diesel I reckon, bar the economy, so wondering why you'd need convincing to return to petrol if that's what you left

It was the 122bhp just a single turbo. I had the 1 litre 3 cylinder after that one and it was such a disappointment. The 1.4 never fell below 40 mpg the 1 litre rarely ever achieved it, both were DSG. If I was to go back to the 1.5 I'd go DSG again, do miss the DSG I must confess especially around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It was the 122bhp just a single turbo. I had the 1 litre 3 cylinder after that one and it was such a disappointment. The 1.4 never fell below 40 mpg the 1 litre rarely ever achieved it, both were DSG. If I was to go back to the 1.5 I'd go DSG again, do miss the DSG I must confess especially around town.

I have the 1.5 with DSG in a 2020 Passat and it's a very quiet and pleasant motor. There's plenty of power for everyday driving without it being a GTI-like performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Good to see a few new Karoq's :) they're a nice looking car.

My OH has a white Karoq Sportline ordered with the 1.5 TSI and virtual cockpit. Due to be built in the next week or two so hopefully we'll see it next month.

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Good to see a few new Karoq's :) they're a nice looking car.

My OH has a white Karoq Sportline ordered with the 1.5 TSI and virtual cockpit. Due to be built in the next week or two so hopefully we'll see it next month.

The 0% PCP was a nice sweetner. Herself was going to get the midspec one even though she loved the look of the Sportsline but then then gave the free finance so she went for the one she really wanted.

• Advertisement

Comhra wrote: »
    I have the 1.5 with DSG in a 2020 Passat and it's a very quiet and pleasant motor. There's plenty of power for everyday driving without it being a GTI-like performer.

What's it like on juice?

Advertisement