Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've always seen Cupra as the halo performance models of the Seat range. Ok I can understand they want to branch out to have a separate identity and offer bespoke models rather than just fast badged Seats. However they now seem to have gone a step further and offer non performance versions of Cupras too which I'm not a fan of. I just don't see the point other than just trying to sell more units.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but my 2c worth all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Buying an ICE now is madness from my POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Looking for something to replace my Volvo V60, it does not work with a bad back.

Strongly considering scrapping the wifes old Leon as well and getting a new Cupra Formentor as we don't need two motors anymore. Had a look at the 1.5 TSI in blue/grey or camo green. Its a very nice crossover. Opinions?

I could only see the 2 litre TSI in the configurator, 310bhp through the 7 speed DSG:eek: Good luck with that anything else in the vag line up with a decent size engine uses the 6 speed wet box, I must confess to never hearing of these until you mentioned them here. I don't know tbh, I wonder how they'd hold their value etc. I'd be more inclined to go for something more mainstream if it were my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon buying the current generation of overpriced EVs is madness.

colm_mcm wrote: »

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The way I see it, buying a new car for 30k or a used car for 30k or whatever you do, use 10k or 50k instead of 30k if you like, they all drop to sub 5k cars within a certain time frame of around 10 years old anyway.
    ICE will continue to do so, and so will the current crop of EVs and PHEVs.
    ICE, both petrol and diesel, will become undesirable in the future, of that I'm sure. But so will an ev from today with a lower range and slower charging rate than what's new in the market. Likewise a phev with 40kms electric range, the new c class appears to have made that look like a bygone Era already with (claimed) 100 kms range.

Mad to spend more than you can comfortably afford on anything, but they'll all cost you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

As a tesla owner the above is quite frankly moronic.

Not everyone wants or needs an ev. And that's ok.
    Plenty of nice new ICE cars out there now. My Tesla was cross shopped with some of them!

I actually agree with you. If you look at the boring Kona/Niro etc, theres a 15k premium for the EV over the petrol version. 15k buys you a lot of petrol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Looking for something to replace my Volvo V60, it does not work with a bad back.

Strongly considering scrapping the wifes old Leon as well and getting a new Cupra Formentor as we don't need two motors anymore. Had a look at the 1.5 TSI in blue/grey or camo green. Its a very nice crossover. Opinions?

Reviews are very good and they look fantastic. That's a nice engine too.

Well worth having a chat with your local dealer, I wonder what the lead time is like for them.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/cupra/formentor-suv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've always seen Cupra as the halo performance models of the Seat range. Ok I can understand they want to branch out to have a separate identity and offer bespoke models rather than just fast badged Seats. However they now seem to have gone a step further and offer non performance versions of Cupras too which I'm not a fan of. I just don't see the point other than just trying to sell more units.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but my 2c worth all the same.

Totally agree with this. Why bother with a performance/high end brand and then go bastardise it almost straight away .

• Advertisement

Unless of course you are planning a very ostentatious charitable act in 3-5 years.

ELM327 wrote: »
    As a tesla owner the above is quite frankly moronic.

Not everyone wants or needs an ev. And that's ok.
    Plenty of nice new ICE cars out there now. My Tesla was cross shopped with some of them!

Jesus are any of you cult members capable of resisting to urge to broadcast your membership?
    How do you know someone owns a tesla? They tell you. The ultimate truism.

So you’d rather buy some overpriced crossover that no one will want in four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

So you’d rather buy some overpriced crossover that no one will want in four years.

Example. Kona EV. 38k

Kona Petrol. 25k

5 years time Kona EV worth 10k.

Kona petrol worth 5k.

Who’s wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen a lovely Kia Sorento today. I must the new model looks very classy and stylish. Kia really upped there game with it. I just hope they can do the same with the new Sportage.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

L-M wrote: »
    Example. Kona EV. 38k

Kona Petrol. 25k

5 years time Kona EV worth 10k.

Kona petrol worth 5k.

Who’s wrong?

The Kona in whatever powertrain is a ball off plastic and what people see in them I don’t know.

The price difference is down to the price of the battery what you don’t prob factor in is there are the minimal tuning costs and the grant.

The Kona in whatever powertrain is a ball off plastic and what people see in them I don’t know.

The price difference is down to the price of the battery what you don’t prob factor in is there are the minimal tuning costs and the grant.

That’s including the grants. And I’m being unfair saying the petrol will be worth 5k. It’ll probably be worth 10.

Tesla’s are terrible quality, simple cars. They’re 50k. A good diesel (better quality) Passat can be got for 12k less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I'd never seen an ID3 in the wild until lunchtime today & then I saw my second one after work this evening. Both 211-C regs.

skodacb wrote: »
    So we're buying one of these to replace my Octavia RS, screenshots attached.

Just have to do the haggle dance tomorrow with the dealership.

I did load up on the options, was disappointed slightly that the upgraded sound system as well as a panoramic roof are not available on Irish cars but it is what it is.

Comparing PCP to HP at the list price with a €6k deposit I will be going HP €460/month over 5 years compared to €409/month for 3 years with the notorious balloon payment.

Obviously I hope to bring this down by some euros tomorrow. I'll let ye know how I get on.
    Well? How did things go with the dealer? Don't leave us hanging here:)

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Well? How did things go with the dealer? Don't leave us hanging here:)

You missed the post two pages back

• Advertisement

You missed the post two pages back

Jaysus I did too, site was terrible all day I gave up on it for a few hours.

So deal done. Total price with change of VRT, delivery and the optional extras brought list price to just shy of €33k. Struck a deal at €31k.

Left it as the 1.0L TSI and looking at a 12-16wk delivery time frame, covid dependent.

HP @ 3.9% over 5 years working out at €455/month.

Nice one, hate that waiting lark:pac:
    2 grand off and going on their finance was a powerful deal. You had no trade in and a 6k deposit which dealers love. Are you getting dsg or manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Nice one, hate that waiting lark:pac:
    2 grand off and going on their finance was a powerful deal. You had no trade in and a 6k deposit which dealers love. Are you getting dsg or manual?

Manual, I drive autos all day for work, I still prefer using my left foot, the wife wasn't keen on the idea of an automatic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That’s including the grants. And I’m being unfair saying the petrol will be worth 5k. It’ll probably be worth 10.

Tesla’s are terrible quality, simple cars. They’re 50k. A good diesel (better quality) Passat can be got for 12k less.
    Lol better quality good diesel VW for 12k less lol.

I'd take the Tesla over the VW too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Manual, I drive autos all day for work, I still prefer using my left foot, the wife wasn't keen on the idea of an automatic either.

Manuals will go the way of the dodo

Manuals will go the way of the dodo

https://youtu.be/0AEj3LA2vSo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

So deal done. Total price with change of VRT, delivery and the optional extras brought list price to just shy of €33k. Struck a deal at €31k.

Left it as the 1.0L TSI and looking at a 12-16wk delivery time frame, covid dependent.

HP @ 3.9% over 5 years working out at €455/month.

Did you go for all the options you showed if so it will be a seriously well specced Octavia. I wouldn’t think there will be too many of that model going around with blind spot monitoring. It was a decent enough discount you negotiated I didn’t think you’d get 2k off.

CIP4 wrote: »
    Did you go for all the options you showed if so it will be a seriously well specced Octavia. I wouldn’t think there will be too many of that model going around with blind spot monitoring. It was a decent enough discount you negotiated I didn’t think you’d get 2k off.

Yep all options left in including the blind spot monitoring which will be handy more so I believe traveling in France/Germany when conditions allow.

To be honest I didn't have to do much in the way of haggling, because I didn't have a car to trade in and because I bought two cars previously off them he had given me a discount of €1,500 before negotiations even begun, so I was happy with the €31k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Very little matching the requirements of anything other than a small family car that's not ridiculous money.

• Advertisement

Jesus are any of you cult members capable of resisting to urge to broadcast your membership?
    How do you know someone owns a tesla? They tell you. The ultimate truism.
    No no, it was relevant to the discussion and a key tenet of the point I was making. But sure, if you'd prefer the kool aid nonsense then go right ahead.

Advertisement