Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

AMKC wrote: »
    Is it a VW ID3?

Yes that is what this thread is supposed to be for. Pictures of new cars not talking.

Stick up a pic of yours there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

eggy81 wrote: »
    Ohhh look. Someone got a new car and has to tell everyone.

211 reg cars...title

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    211 reg cars...title

It was an attempt at humour. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

failed miserably.

When the thread descends to calling people with a Casio calculator or iphone or Tesla elitist, it so far off topic, the topic is a dot....

Isambard wrote: »
    failed miserably.

When the thread descends to calling people with a Casio calculator or iphone or Tesla elitist, it so far off topic, the topic is a dot....

I know. I was trying to highlight the silliness of it by calling out the guy who didn’t even mention what he bought. Didn’t come across well in txt form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I did think that might be the case but the post preceding it led me to different conclusion, some silliness going on. Hard to gauge context in text. At lease you're not one of them.

Can only be jealousy with the anti tesla crowd. I don't have one by the way, or want one (I can't warm to interior and thats important to me) but wish everyone that has one the best.
    Impressive engineering in them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

as regards elitism, my view always is that someone somewhere will have a newer or higher spec car or pocket calculator than me, so I just enjoy mine and leave it at that. (I haven't had a pocket calculator for years, not since I got the app on my iphone8 :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

I know. I was trying to highlight the silliness of it by calling out the guy who didn’t even mention what he bought. Didn’t come across well in txt form.

You don’t have to explain yourself. Anyone with half a brain would have got the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I seen one of these today,

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/t-roc-r.html

I think it was a 211. Just thought for such a potent car it seemed very dull.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

So I seen one of these today,

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/t-roc-r.html

I think it was a 211. Just thought for such a potent car it seemed very dull.

Isn’t that exactly what you want when you drive such a car? A sleeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Family member is about to purchase this BMW; https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-330e-m-sport/27437784

She wouldn't be very good at negotiation but was happy when another thousand was given for her current car.

I think this is madness, surely the prices listed here are with an expected negotiation!?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Family member is about to purchase this BMW; https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-330e-m-sport/27437784

She wouldn't be very good at negotiation but was happy when another thousand was given for her current car.

I think this is madness, surely the prices listed here are with an expected negotiation!?

Might want to check if that's inclusive or exclusive of the SEAI grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Might want to check if that's inclusive or exclusive of the SEAI grant.

It's pre-registered so inclusive of grant apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did she check this one out?

https://www.carsireland.ie/2695721

But once you have a car to trade in the important figure to look at is the cost to change price.

Ms

Jeez that's crazy money for a 3 series. It's used to be the 5 series that was that price. I had an uncle that paid 60k for an E class 220 way back in 2007 and then a few years later with the recession the same car could be got for 40k.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Same way a Hyundai Tucson hybrid costs 40k now. Prices have gone crazy across the board thanks to our taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

Folks, just wanted to get some input on discounts when buying new. I'm looking at a 2021 Tiguan 2.0 diesel with DSG (R-Line) for a family member, coming in around 48k on paper and wanted to see what would you expect to buy it for in a straight deal? Would anyone have even a rough idea just to have an expectation going into the dealer? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I haven't bought a new VW but no a few that have. If your doing a straight deal, 2-2.5% off the top is the best they can offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I haven't bought a new VW but no a few that have. If your doing a straight deal, 2-2.5% off the top is the best they can offer.

I got 12% off 2 years ago, might have changed since,obviously you have to go to multiple dealers or your wasting your time.

hooch-85 wrote: »

Jaysus that seems fairly poor, maybe I've been a bit deluded. I'd have expected around 6-8% for a straight deal, I'm planning on contacting all VW dealers in Galway/Clare/Mayo/Sligo/Roscommon etc once the spec has been confirmed and she is ready to put a deposit down and hoping for the best result.

Does anyone know if all dealers have access to the same stock in terms of colours etc? Or would they just prefer you to take what they have in their own yard? This person is after the Lapiz Blue specifically so wondering should I only target garages that have one in stock even if its further away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Jaysus that seems fairly poor, maybe I've been a bit deluded. I'd have expected around 6-8% for a straight deal, I'm planning on contacting all VW dealers in Galway/Clare/Mayo/Sligo/Roscommon etc once the spec has been confirmed and she is ready to put a deposit down and hoping for the best result.

Does anyone know if all dealers have access to the same stock in terms of colours etc? Or would they just prefer you to take what they have in their own yard? This person is after the Lapiz Blue specifically so wondering should I only target garages that have one in stock even if its further away?
    It’s an updated model of one of the better selling cars in the class.
    There’s one dealer that has three garages in the areas you listed. So make sure you don’t go to them three times ;)
    They would have access to all vw stock in Ireland usually.

Ms

Folks, just wanted to get some input on discounts when buying new. I'm looking at a 2021 Tiguan 2.0 diesel with DSG (R-Line) for a family member, coming in around 48k on paper and wanted to see what would you expect to buy it for in a straight deal? Would anyone have even a rough idea just to have an expectation going into the dealer? Thanks in advance.

How about broadening her horizons and getting her to look at Skoda, Seat, Hyundai and Puegeot offerings too? See what I done there gradually getting better with Puegeot been the best in that class. Seriously do you can get nightvision in the 3008. Does the VW offer that?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

How about broadening her horizons and getting her to look at Skoda, Seat, Hyundai and Puegeot offerings too? See what I done there gradually getting better with Puegeot been the best in that class. Seriously do you can get nightvision in the 3008. Does the VW offer that?

Pure gimmick of a feature.
    Who in their right mind would decide to buy a car based on that

Ms

Pure gimmick of a feature.
    Who in their right mind would decide to buy a car based on that

Maybe but I am just saying that Peugeot are ahead of VW on the tech, style, class and reliability front.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Maybe but I am just saying that Peugeot are ahead of VW on the tech, style, class and reliability front.
    They are ya..:rolleyes: does it not get tiring every chance you have to mention how you dislike VW cause you sure have mentioned it enough in this thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

shanec1928 wrote: »
    They are ya..:rolleyes: does it not get tiring every chance you have to mention how you dislike VW cause you sure have mentioned it enough in this thread:rolleyes:

And several other threads.

Wouldn't be taking the opinion of someone who pushes Ssangyong and Mitsubishi as a barometer of good taste.

They've all been in contention at one point or another but she is in her 60's and wouldn't pay much heed to any of that tech. I don't think she has ever even used cruise control :D. The Tiguan, Kodiaq and Tucson are all still in the mix, obviously the Hyundai is a couple pf grand cheaper than the other 2 in the spec she wants but having previously had a Santa-Fe which was a great car its still being considered. Similar to the Tiguan its a newer model so doubt Hyundai are giving much of a disount. I have to say on paper the Kodiaq in Style spec seems a good alternative to the Tiguan and might be able to get a better discount. The only issue is she would prefer to order it with 5 seats instead of 7 but I would worry how this would affect things come trade-in since most buying this would want the third row.

Be interesting to hear from anyone that bought either the Tiguan, Kodiaq or Tucson on here and what price you were able to get. Feel free to send me a PM on this if you'd prefer. Thanks for the suggestions folks

**forgot to add, I personally love the 3008 but she would never buy a Peugeot for whatever reason so its a non-runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

0FZESU08befpcbOU9UL0l1Rlg#Lusk

My better half changed her 201 golf to this one last week.
    I see some discussion on VW new car discounting above and all I can say is she has gotten some fantastic discounting on the past few new golfs, anywhere from 18% on last years one (high spec run-out model 7.5), to 6.5% on this golf 8 style.
    She had no intention of changing, but was offered a great deal to take back last years one for just about what she paid for it.
    The golf 8 is a great car, seems to have everything in terms of useful tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice car.
    Just a tip.
    The pic is upside down.

• Advertisement
    Ms

sk8board wrote: »
    My better half changed her 201 golf to this one last week.
    I see some discussion on VW new car discounting above and all I can say is she has gotten some fantastic discounting on the past few new golfs, anywhere from 18% on last years one (high spec run-out model 7.5), to 6.5% on this golf 8 style.
    She had no intention of changing, but was offered a great deal to take back last years one for just about what she paid for it.
    The golf 8 is a great car, seems to have everything in terms of useful tech.

That one upside down looking car. It might work if it was the other way around but like that the engine will fall out of it and it ain't going anywhere on its roof lol. Or did she move down under lol?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement