Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's it like on juice?

I have a light right foot and on the motorway at around 110 km/h it's showing 50+ mpg. I'd say high 30s in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have a Golf R and that will do mid 40s mpg at a steady 110kms but who wants to drive like that. The 1.5 TSi will do around 45 mpg at 120-130km on the motorway in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

advertsfox wrote: »
    It was €521 and for me, it's very much worth it. It's well designed and great for maps.

vF3hhHb.png

€350 for wireless charging is scandalous. Maybe if it included wireless carplay?

Virtual dash worth the money though, the standard 'digital rectangular' on all the VAG cars in the last 5+ years look pretty dated. I don't like it on my 2017 Superb and would've definitely paid for virtual dash if I could've back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

€350 for wireless charging is scandalous. Maybe if it included wireless carplay?
    I know it's absolute madness and a tad pointless nowadays since modern phones get a full day easily (my Pixel does). Besides, if its going to be connected wirelessly for Android Auto, I ain't taking it out of my pocket and popping it in the dash cubby where it will just make me do what I was doing in my last one every time.. forget to take it with me ;)

Also, since the MIB-3 with wireless AA is standard now, it's basically free. USB C ports are a nice touch too. There is an option to get it behind the rear view mirror for dashcams also.

I know it's absolute madness and a tad pointless nowadays since modern phones get a full day easily (my Pixel does). Besides, if its going to be connected wirelessly for Android Auto, I ain't taking it out of my pocket and popping it in the dash cubby where it will just make me do what I was doing in my last one every time.. forget to take it with me ;)

Also, since the MIB-3 with wireless AA is standard now, it's basically free. USB C ports are a nice touch too. There is an option to get it behind the rear view mirror for dashcams also.

Wireless AA and dashcam USB C is something I would've really liked on the new 5008 I've got, they weren't even options. It did come with wireless charging pad as standard and it's fairly pointless as vast majority of my trips are 20 mins or less, you get a few percent battery charge at most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Comhra wrote: »
    I have a light right foot and on the motorway at around 110 km/h it's showing 50+ mpg. I'd say high 30s in town.

Very similar to the 1.4, probably better on a long run, sounds tempting. You certainly can't beat the smoothness of a sweet petrol engine:)

Virtual dash worth the money though, the standard 'digital rectangular' on all the VAG cars in the last 5+ years look pretty dated. I don't like it on my 2017 Superb and would've definitely paid for virtual dash if I could've back then.

Most phones are gone so big they won't fit on the stupid pad anyway.
    Really by now all models should have the VD.

MIB3 supports wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

Wireless AA and dashcam USB C is something I would've really liked on the new 5008 I've got, they weren't even options. It did come with wireless charging pad as standard and it's fairly pointless as vast majority of my trips are 20 mins or less, you get a few percent battery charge at most
    I love the 5008, was very close to going for one.

It's also why I happily went from a 2020 Karoq to 2021 without issue - these upgrades are huge for me personally in terms of driving enjoyment. I don't see the option online to order the dashcam USB in Ireland (might be a UK thing) but fortunately I already have an OEM style IRO Dashcam to fit in its place and runs to the OBD port.

5efb1fdcec05c43b36000109

MliFzSk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It was the 122bhp just a single turbo. I had the 1 litre 3 cylinder after that one and it was such a disappointment. The 1.4 never fell below 40 mpg the 1 litre rarely ever achieved it, both were DSG. If I was to go back to the 1.5 I'd go DSG again, do miss the DSG I must confess especially around town.

There's a 148bhp 1.4 in our house, it's a great drive but the economy isn't great, but it might just be due to how it's driven.

• Advertisement

It's also why I happily went from a 2020 Karoq to 2021 without issue - these upgrades are huge for me personally in terms of driving enjoyment. I don't see the option online to order the dashcam USB in Ireland (might be a UK thing) but fortunately I already have an OEM style IRO Dashcam to fit in its place and runs to the OBD port.

I would've happily gone for a Kodiaq or even Karoq if they had 3 individual seats with isofix in the 2nd row like the Peugeot 3008/5008. Skoda really missed a trick there, even have it as an optional extra. I know so many people with 3+ kids who went with Peugeot over other brands for this reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,203 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not the best pic!
    150262712_2870768326579103_803373711180372215_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=PoP3yCBo5ZIAX999IBD&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6cb8ab9399d8eadb89b4ee5fe30794dd&oe=604D139B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Cant stand those number plates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Plates do it no justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What's the price difference between VW models and the equivalent Skoda and Seat these days, seem to all have more or less a direct competitor to each other in every segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

A snowy/slushy morning probably wasn't the best time to collect the other half's new car.

markc1184 wrote: »
    A snowy/slushy morning probably wasn't the best time to collect the other half's new car.

Looks lovely, what colour is it?

[IMG][/img]https://images.drive.ru/i/0/5efb1fdcec05c43b36000109

MliFzSk.jpg

That's a lovely dash cam where did you buy it? Is the mirror auto dimming?

That's a lovely dash cam where did you buy it? Is the mirror auto dimming?
    It's actually not on the mirror, it's replaces the black plastic enclosure behind it that houses the rain sensor.

IRO G11 1080p for Volkswagen / Skoda - €150

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000256868810.html

rNfU5Ne.jpg

JESrmRG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Looks lovely, what colour is it?

It's Crystal Black Metallic.

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    It's Crystal Black Metallic.

Same as my Superb, break your bloody heart to keep clean but looks fantastic when it is clean:D

It's actually not on the mirror, it's replaces the black plastic enclosure behind it that houses the rain sensor.

IRO G11 1080p for Volkswagen / Skoda - €150

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000256868810.html

rNfU5Ne.jpg

JESrmRG.jpg

That looks the business, is it hard to wire in? Does it store to sd card etc

That looks the business, is it hard to wire in? Does it store to sd card etc
    No not difficult at all, the camera seperates at the start of the connection (see in pic) so you can loop it through the mirror holder. Connect it up and chase the cable behind the roof liner with a supplied tool, behind the removable pillar cover and in via the inspection panel at the side, straight into the OBD port.

SD card storage (max 128GB) with WiFi connection and an app (Youmera) for viewing. Has clever controls to protect the battery with 3 different voltages and has a button on the side for a quick capture (30 seconds before / after with a snapshot).

No not difficult at all, the camera seperates at the start of the connection (see in pic) so you can loop it through the mirror holder. Connect it up and chase the cable behind the roof liner with a supplied tool, behind the removable pillar cover and in via the inspection panel at the side, straight into the OBD port.

SD card storage (max 128GB) with WiFi connection and an app (Youmera) for viewing. Has clever controls to protect the battery with 3 different voltages and has a button on the side for a quick capture (30 seconds before / after with a snapshot).

That's brilliant especially when you don't have to go piggybacking fuses etc. Think I'll invest. What does the WiFi do? Sorry about all the questions.

That's brilliant especially when you don't have to go piggybacking fuses etc. Think I'll invest. What does the WiFi do? Sorry about all the questions.
    Happy to answer. The device is only accessed over WiFi (from phone / tablet to the dashcam). I prefer this personally as I could find the screen a distraction and more importantly, it's very discreet so nobody knows you even have it and looks OEM.

Happy to answer. The device is only accessed over WiFi (from phone / tablet to the dashcam). I prefer this personally as I could find the screen a distraction and more importantly, it's very discreet so nobody knows you even have it and looks OEM.

Makes sense of course, I agree those screens can be very distracting and as you say it looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Merc glc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Price is up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Price is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

Roll Royce or a 1 bed apartment in D4?

Advertisement