Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

ELM327 wrote: »
    No no, it was relevant to the discussion and a key tenet of the point I was making. But sure, if you'd prefer the kool aid nonsense then go right ahead.

Its not relevant, at all. You cant help yourself, like every other ev owner, tesla in particular. The truth hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Its not relevant, at all. You cant help yourself, like every other ev owner, tesla in particular. The truth hurts.

If someone wants to talk about their Tesla on a motoring forum, let them at it. Plenty talk about the type of cars they like, and the cars they have, and the cars they'd like to have. I'm not a Tesla fan but I'd like to think if I wanted to talk about my Audi here I wouldnt get a response like yours from Audi haters. Look, I mentioned I have an Audi. If we all liked and drove the same car it would be a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

C'mon, it was relevant to the point he was making, he pointed out he was a Tesla owner and didn't agree that it was madness to buy an non electric vehicle.

Hurrache wrote: »
    C'mon, it was relevant to the point he was making, he pointed out he was a Tesla owner and didn't agree that it was madness to buy an non electric vehicle.

He could have just mentioned that he owned an EV... It's the same with iPhone owners, and pilots! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

He could have just mentioned that he owned an EV... It's the same with iPhone owners, and pilots! :pac:

Just landed from the Maldives, writing this on my iPhone, will be going to the club in my Tesla to meet my pilot friends later. My wife is a teacher btw, can't leave the teacher out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Ah a classic ICE - EV spat on an unrelated thread. I'll go pop the kettle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Careful now, my EV is plugged in too, there may not be enough electricity for you to do that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

I think the point is buying a brand new ICE today is becoming increasingly less attractive.

I think the point is buying a brand new ICE today is becoming increasingly less attractive.

Oh no doubt, people are definitely thinking twice but a large majority will still buy a pure ICE for the next two or three years. Hybrids will be the go-to for people looking to make a switch, 1 in 4 cars sold this year already is a hybrid.

EVs still need to get the price down, which they are gradually doing but it'll be a few years yet. If they broke north of 15% market share for 2022 I'd be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

I’d say PHEV’s will be become more popular this year, EV’s not so much, maybe 2% growth on last year. I don’t think all these new PHEV’s coming out are helping EV sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh no doubt, people are definitely thinking twice but a large majority will still buy a pure ICE for the next two or three years. Hybrids will be the go-to for people looking to make a switch, 1 in 4 cars sold this year already is a hybrid.

EVs still need to get the price down, which they are gradually doing but it'll be a few years yet. If they broke north of 15% market share for 2022 I'd be very surprised.

Are mild hybrids included in that figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Looks like there was a whole lot of pre-regging of 211 cars done in Dublin at the weekend before the VAT rate changed. Picked up a new car that was registered on Saturday morning & the number was in the high 16000s, mate got his new car reg confirmed on Monday morning (car was regged late Saturday according to the dealer) and the reg number was well into the 18000s

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are mild hybrids included in that figure?

They are, difficult to filter them out but when I looked through they seem to account for about 4% of sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Exactly, brand first is the fanboy way.
    Tesla owners are like cult members in my experience.

Does anyone know what grants the iV Octavia qualifies for? I specced up one for my dream world it costs €43,479 before grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭mcburns07

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what grants the iV Octavia qualifies for? I specced up one for my dream world it costs €43,479 before grants.

Pretty sure that's the price including grant of 5k.

Apologies I'm wrong, that excludes the 5k grant.

mcburns07 wrote: »

Thanks, so it's just 5k nothing else? 38k wouldn't be too bad I suppose.. No harm in dreaming:pac:

Exactly, brand first is the fanboy way.
    Tesla owners are like cult members in my experience.

I’ve always bought Casio calculators, fairy liquid and zip fire lighters am I in a cult.

I’ve always bought Casio calculators, fairy liquid and zip fire lighters am I in a cult.

No, because none of those are elitist brands - you don't feel superior to the next man for buying them, and you certainly don't flaunt them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I generally feel superior to everyone, regardless of me brand dropping. Reading the bickering over something so minor the last few pages, it's hard not to really. Why do people get so aggravated over a person in a motors forum of all places mentioning what they drive?

• Advertisement

No, because none of those are elitist brands - you don't feel superior to the next man for buying them, and you certainly don't flaunt them around.

It’s not his first time going on about the Casio calculator to be fair.

mcburns07 wrote: »

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Thanks, so it's just 5k nothing else? 38k wouldn't be too bad I suppose.. No harm in dreaming:pac:

I don’t think you get the €5k for a PHEV

Well the off brand fire lighters are a false economy so I do scoff internally when I see people buying them. This idea of flaunting them like a prize pig is is human nature and the primary concepts in capitalism. The whole epoch of car ownership will change in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

We don't care in this thread.

I don’t think you get the €5k for a PHEV

No you do still get it. The €2500 VRT rebate is gone now but the €5000 is still in place for PHEVs with under 60g/km.

So is that a €5k grant and then you just pay whatever VRT you owe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'm so glad I didn't tell anyone here what my new car is....

So is that a €5k grant and then you just pay whatever VRT you owe?

Yeah bang on, thankfully the VRT rate on most PHEV's is only 7% now so it's not too bad. Depending on the price of the car you actually end up getting more money off than you would have with the old €2500 rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Isambard wrote: »

Ohhh look. Someone got a new car and has to tell everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Isambard wrote: »

Is it a VW ID3?
    eggy81 wrote: »
    Ohhh look. Someone got a new car and has to tell everyone.

Yes that is what this thread is supposed to be for. Pictures of new cars not talking.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement