Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

I wonder if Bet365 will be doing their unbelievable offer this year. Most fun of the year getting €250 of bets for €125

This offer is now up on the bet365 website....half your stake back when you place your Each Way single bets (up to €125 refund)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

lotsoftens wrote: »
    This offer is now up on the bet365 website....half your stake back when you place your Each Way single bets (up to €125 refund)

Feck thats great, essentially doubles the price of everything, and there normally the biggest price as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is a full list of runners out yet?

https://www.skysports.com/racing/racecards/aintree/10-04-2021/988304/randox-grand-national-handicap-chase-grade-3-gbb-race

The Storyteller n/r, replaced by Blacklion. Secret Reprieve 2nd reserve, looks like he won't make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

lotsoftens wrote: »
    That's as good an offer as you will ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Offer Duration - This offer is available from Thursday 8th April 2021 until 11:59 UK Time on Saturday 10th April 2021.
    Eligible Customers - This offer is only available to eligible bet365 customers who opened their account before 23:59 UK Time on Wednesday 7th April 2021.

Looks like I missed this offer , only set up account now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pity secret reprieve won’t get in . Black lion has had his day

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ballyoptic and Class Conti e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Is ayr a very tight track? Would take a punt on taking risks but he seems to have got taken off his feet on only trip to aintree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Farclas, Milan Native, Discorama are my three main fancies.

Using the Bet365 offer you get another few stabs at the race - so i've also backed Any Second Now, with Lake View Lad and Tout Est Permis as two big price each way pokes.

Cloth Cap, Farclas and Any Second Now are probably the only horses in the field that are likely 'well in' and better than their current handicap marks. But you'd be mad backing CP at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Alpha des Obeaux and give me a copper small e/w bets as I feel one or both could get placed, will run through the full card in the morning and maybe pick one or two others. Then i will let my nine year old pick his horse and I'll cry as the race unfolds and he yet again picks a winner while mine are sixty lengths behind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh I can see the race being cancelled tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

Following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh I can see the race being cancelled tomorrow
    hahaha:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Just confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Just confirmed

Seriously?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    No

OK. I knew that. Just checking......on a serious note, the mainlanders are just crazy enough to do that.

Phew....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

There are some media outlets reporting a decision on whether or not to postpone it will be made later today ffs have you ever heard the like

There are some media outlets reporting a decision on whether or not to postpone it will be made later today ffs have you ever heard the like

Decision to be made later but expected to go ahead

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2021/04/09/grand-national-2021-live-aintree-festival-races-day-2-updates/amp/

The fact that it is even questionable is a joke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very much doubt there will be any cancellation. If the funeral was tomorrow, then yes.

• Advertisement

The fact that it is even questionable is a joke.

That's your opinion which you are fully entitled to hold, the fact is a senior royal has died on the eve of the biggest sporting event in that country, add in the ties the Royal family have to racing in England and I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled until after the funeral.

Would you be as upset if it was the FA cup or a six nations game that was cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

That's your opinion which you are fully entitled to hold, the fact is a senior royal has died on the eve of the biggest sporting event in that country, add in the ties the Royal family have to racing in England and I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled until after the funeral.

Would you be as upset if it was the FA cup or a six nations game that was cancelled?

Might be better to keep the Royal family discussions to a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Yes?

Don't confuse my bemusement for me being upset. Cancelling even the most insignificant event for a death of a royal seems daft to me so absolutely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I remember Liverpool's game Vs Newcastle was cancelled the weekend Diana died. I remember being disappointed at the time. I'd have been disappointed if the National had been called off tomorrow for Philip.

In fairness Diana was known to be a massive Newcastle fan. She had trials with them as a teenager

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shaney Boy

The Queen had runners in Kempton today so common sense prevailed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Philly would’ve wanted it to go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Ballyoptic 100/1
    Potters Corner 22/1
    (Below from following aiden)
    Blacklion 50/1
    Tout Est Permis 100/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Any Second Now
    Magic of Light
    Taking Risks

My 3 for the big one. As with every year let's hope they all return safe and sound.

Advertisement