Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Would this have been Elliots?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Considering everything that happened pre Cheltenham, Blackmore's success has been such a welcomed boost for the sport and a massive positive in the last month and I'm delighted for her and the sport. Over the moon.

Hon Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

Superb, delighted for Rachael..brought a tear to my eye and I didn't even back it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Would this have been Elliots?

No, always de Bromhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Had minella to win and any second now e/w

Absolutely delighted for Rachel Blackmore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just realised De Bromhead had a 1-2 there, got caught up in the emotion of Rachael winning.

He has had some festival season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Had a last minute 2.50 e/w on Balko (Sorry for the a.t.) but absolutely delighted for Blackmore. Wasn't even shouting for my bet tbh. (Also had a similar amount on two others so didn't win much anyway)

Well, I'm a stupid bastid anyway. Must have forgotten to click the e/w box!!!!!!!!!!! Says my Balko bet was to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What were odds on her horse before the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

walshb wrote: »

As long as 50/1 a couple of months back, SP of 11/1. PP estimated, yesterday, they will have to pay out £15m quid if she won.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

walshb wrote: »

10/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,272 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2021 has been some year for Rachel, delighted for her, has to be sportsperson of the year in Ireland and UK

Just realised De Bromhead had a 1-2 there, got caught up in the emotion of Rachael winning.

Not to mention Ireland had 1,2,3,4 and 5!!!!!!

Hail RACHEL BLACKMORE......LEGEND

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Thought Minella was too short pre-race but shows what I know.

Absolutely delighted for Rachel. She is a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Weights released today, Tiger Roll rated at 166, a rating O'Leary has said he will not allow the horse to run off.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/2021-grand-national/i-hope-he-runs-for-the-public-elliott-on-7lb-national-rise-for-tiger-roll/473751

Would be tempted to take a punt on Minella Times at 50/1 who looks chucked in off its weight.

50/1 winner, I hope you had plenty on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    My darts for the big race...

Burrow Saint
    Any Second Now
    Potters Corner
    Farclas
    And a few quid on Lake View Lad

3rd, 4th and 5th ensures profit.

Delighted for Blackmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Well done to rachael blackmoor and Henry de bromhead.some horse aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

his horses are like machines at the moment, should have done the reverse forecast:pac::pac::pac:

just like in the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

any word on robbie power? sums him up the past 2 years some fall from grace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Bryony Frost gone to hospital for assessment.

The Long Mile unfortunately put to sleep.

Was just mentioned on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

well done to all Minella Times backers.

Looking at his form I never would have backed him

• Advertisement

As a sad postscript to what was a FANTASTIC race, the " LONG MILE" had to be euthanized after fall,sympathys to the connections, Mc Manus

WD Rachael :)

Class jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Quarn hard not to be swept up in the emotion of it all. Delighted for Rachael- an absolute gem of a jockey and a credit to her family.

Cannot beat sport for drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Morris Garren

Brilliant win and a genuinely great ride, never far away. I was roaring her home on the couch here.
    15 finishers, 12 trained in Ireland. 3 UK finishers were 50/1 50/1 and 100/1. I thought Blaklion was going to win at the Melling Road. What has happened to UK jump racing? Shocking performances from a number of the favoured horses. Nearly as bad as some of the coverage-- half the race seemed to be beamed from a helicopter. Bring back the old BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Had Irish to get

1st 2nd 3rd @ 8/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th @ 18/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th @ 50/1

Will post screenshot when site is back.up :D

^^^^^^^^^^

Rancid aftertiming.. Ruined a good thread... Folk that lost were happy (me included) that Rachael won, but there's always one :rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^^

Rancid aftertiming.. Ruined a good thread... Folk that lost were happy (me included) that Rachael won, but there's always one :rolleyes:

Am very happy she won, she had an amazing Cheltenham and this is the icing on the cake for her. Sorry for spreading my good luck with fellow punters and "ruining" your perfect thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Advertisement