Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Had Irish to get

1st 2nd 3rd @ 8/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th @ 18/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th @ 50/1

Will post screenshot when site is back.up :D

Read Me

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

just a reminder for all bet365 winners on Minella Times in the Grand national - you have a free bet in the next feature race which is a sh!te old handicap in Kelso 15:05 tomorrow. Any tips gladly received cos it looks like a difficult one to pick a winner in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I'd say she has the RTE spoty won already and possibly the BBC version as well, some 4 weeks for RB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Shortlist for 305 Kelso: hitmanfred, nonomac, mannochmore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I hope RB gets RTE SPOTY but I doubt she'll be given the BBC one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

pottokblue wrote:
    I hope RB gets RTE SPOTY but I doubt she'll be given the BBC one

Your right, Olympics and euros on so they'll have a someone to crown, overseas/International winner maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

I'd say she has the RTE spoty won already and possibly the BBC version as well, some 4 weeks for RB

Bryony will win the BBC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Minella times,Rachael blackmoor and Henry de bromhead are going to be a pub quiz question forever more.
    History made.delighted for them.
    I had ok corral who pulled up on the second circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My apologies, been working all day and didn't get to post the bets earlier. Not posting to boast or aftertime just sharing some good luck, 51 years old and 1st time I have finished an Aintree festival in profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

clevtrev wrote: »
    just a reminder for all bet365 winners on Minella Times in the Grand national - you have a free bet in the next feature race which is a sh!te old handicap in Kelso 15:05 tomorrow. Any tips gladly received cos it looks like a difficult one to pick a winner in :D

Cheers. Does the half stake back impact this offer e.g. if i had 10 ew on minella do i have 20 free bet on that race in Kelso?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Frozen Veg wrote: »

About a 50/1 poke at the minute if you're that confident about it. Wide open, it seems, 6s the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cheers. Does the half stake back impact this offer e.g. if i had 10 ew on minella do i have 20 free bet on that race in Kelso?
    Thanks

I can only assume normal rules apply as you didn't have an option not to take up their grand national offer. I would say try them on webchat in the morning if you are concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

My apologies, been working all day and didn't get to post the bets earlier. Not posting to boast or aftertime just sharing some good luck, 51 years old and 1st time I have finished an Aintree festival in profit.

Congrats to you on the win.
    I hadn’t a winner in the national since amberleigh house in 2004.that was a small and plucky little horse.a great jockey in graham lee

Well done...... Nice work.......I've had bottle it & went IRELAND 1-2-3...... BUT to go for the full 5.....fairplay, a 50/1 is ALWAYS A SWEET DOCKET. enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It doesn't bother me to be honest,

Just trying to explain why some get upset with it - which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Any Second Now my main fancy. 11/1
    Shattered Love and Class Conti EW.
    Did Irish first 4 @ 40/1 last night also.
    Nothing wrong with a 40/1 winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I back about 2 races a year. GN & if someone gives me a tip for something. Backed the winner because Rachel is Irish, from Tipp, a woman, the owner is JP and hubby is from Limerick and Minella is a hotel in Clonmel. Good a reason as any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Frozen Veg wrote: »

Why would that cow win anything?

Haven't backed winner of National since Auroras Encore in 2013 at 80/1 :(

There's always next year. I'm liking the "will be twelve yr old" who's been carefully managed by Gary Moore, and he'd be getting in off a low weight..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Haven't backed winner of National since Auroras Encore in 2013 at 80/1 :(

There's always next year. I'm liking the "will be twelve yr old" who's been carefully managed by Gary Moore, and he'd be getting in off a low weight..

Same. Had 10k each way on it. Great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Am very happy she won, she had an amazing Cheltenham and this is the icing on the cake for her. Sorry for spreading my good luck with fellow punters and "ruining" your perfect thread :rolleyes:

Don’t worry about it, the lad getting upset is well capable of spouting some incredible muck in other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will she become a millionaire after this? sponsorship? book deals? TV appearances?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

fryup wrote: »
    will she become a millionaire after this? sponsorship? book deals? TV appearances?

I suppose if she continues to stay at the top for a while, and barring injury or mishap no reason why not, then she'd likely be making decent money and earning every penny of it. She's obviously marketable, like Katie Taylor was, but doesn't strike me as someone particularly interested in exploiting that angle. Riding 4-5 days a week, probably rarely takes a day off from working, it's that attitude and focus that got her to the top and couldn't see her taking her foot off the pedal to start getting distracted by fame or glamour tbh. Horrible game for bringing people crashing back to planet earth at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

She is fully focused on her career as a jockey and plenty of opportunities to stay at the top loads of big races to try and win .An injury can happen any time so she will be 100% concentrating on her career not on the celebrity circuit in any way .

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I'd say she'll be the first guest on the Late Late Show next week and all that, and every radio station, podcaster etc. will be desperate to get interviews with her. But I agree with the above post: I can't see her losing focus and getting distracted. She knows more than anyone else how quickly you can get brought back down to earth in this game, pardon the pun. It was interesting to hear her interview with Ruby Walsh last week on RTÉ where she alluded to this point where she said that she's almost not looking forward to being at the very top as you can only get knocked down etc. Hopefully she will continue to go from strength to strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Motivator wrote: »
    Why would that cow win anything?

Because She's not a loser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Any Second Now the very unlucky loser yesterday, remarkable that he was in pitching at the last after almost coming to a halt early on. Ted Walsh knows what it takes to win the race for sure.

Blackmore is a legend and come across as a sound sound skin. Delighted for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Blackmore will win Irish sports person of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Horrible game for bringing people crashing back to planet earth at times!

As a certain GE found out recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

clevtrev wrote: »
    I can only assume normal rules apply as you didn't have an option not to take up their grand national offer. I would say try them on webchat in the morning if you are concerned

Anyone get a reply on this from 365?

Advertisement