Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

In fairness Diana was known to be a massive Newcastle fan. She had trials with them as a teenager

I think arsene wenger claimed he once tried to sign her.

Let's hope there's no 'Two Minutes Silence' :rolleyes:

The sheer arrogance! What good did any of em ever do for the Brits; let alone anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Captain Becher

If two minutes silence and pretending to give a monkeys is the price of getting the race on then that's fine by me.

If two minutes silence and pretending to give a monkeys is the price of getting the race on then that's fine by me.

:D:D

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Does someone know when Paddy Power has best odds guaranteed?

I would normally say 8am day of the race but did some bets last night & they were BOG today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

18 ok corral at 40/1 my pick for the national.10 win

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

18 ok corral at 40/1 my pick for the national.10 win

80/1 PP 6 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

One of those people who pretty much only places a bet for the craic on Grand National.

My e/w bets are Potters Corner,Discorama and Magic of light and will do Minella Times to win....usually have at least one horse placed every year.

Just wondering are Bookies shops open at mo?.....and if not can you place a bet on National without opening an account with the likes of Paddy Power?

Cheers for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

One of those people who pretty much only places a bet for the craic on Grand National.

My e/w bets are Potters Corner,Discorama and Magic of light and will do Minella Times to win....usually have at least one horse placed every year.

Just wondering are Bookies shops open at mo?.....and if not can you place a bet on National without opening an account with the likes of Paddy Power?

Cheers for any replies.

All Bookies closed, only online

redarmy wrote: »
    All Bookies closed, only online

Ok thanks,thought they were alright....is it possible to bet online without opening an account?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Ok thanks,thought they were alright....is it possible to bet online without opening an account?

Yes. Please send me all your money and I will send you the winnings

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The above is a joke by the way. Online only is your best option. Unless any of the smaller bookies around the country are unofficially open and taking bets with the day that’s in it

The Mig wrote: »
    Yes. Please send me all your money and I will send you the winnings

Have a few pals with Paddy Power accounts so might get them to cover my few bets....cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Have a few pals with Paddy Power accounts so might get them to cover my few bets....cheers.

This is the norm at the moment, I know I will be getting calls tomorrow to put on a few bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Potters Corner 22/1
    Any Second Now 11/1
    Blaklion 66/1

My pin drops for tomorrow in order of confidence, fancied Potters last year before it for postponed!

Herself has dropped the pin on Anibale Fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Magic of Light e/w. Storming run to finish second in this last time. Similar prep this time, Jessica reports she’s in good form and Puppy takes the ride. Think that’ll do for me and looking forward to watching what should be a great race.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My darts for the big race...

Burrow Saint
    Any Second Now
    Potters Corner
    Farclas
    And a few quid on Lake View Lad

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Farclas
    Discorama
    Lord Du Mesnil (have him backed ages and I while can't see him winning due to the fast ground, i'd kick myself if I cashed out now and he featured)

Also done a combi tricast of Farclas, Discorama and Acapella Bourgois.

Singles on Thyme Hill and My Drogo today too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Hogans Height ( ew) 100/1 , jumps these fences ,distance is an unknown.

Bristol de Mai ( ew) 33/1 , has the class , weight /distance have question marks....but, eh, has the class. worth tuppence or two e.w.

G.L. to your picks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

gone with cabaret queen who beat freewheelin dylan in kerry national 100/1 and any second now good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Captain Becher

'Seb' to win it for Katy. Well, we can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My e/w picks
    Talkischeap
    Discorama
    Acapella bourgeois
    Sublieutenant

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

I’ve narrowed the winner of the grand national down to 5:
    Cloth cap 6/1 Win only, he stays up he wins
    Discorama 14/1
    Magic of light 16/1
    Milan native 40/1
    Tout et Permis 125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

P.P. have a "top Ten" finish market , worth a look !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I think it's a disgrace that the race is going ahead personally. RIP PP.

I've been on Any Second Now a while and fairly confident. A horse that can stay and put away half decent horses with ease over 2 miles has to have a big say.
    Also on Tout es permis at a wild price. Has some back form that gives him a chance imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

I think it's a disgrace that the race is going ahead personally. RIP PP.

I've been on Any Second Now a while and fairly confident. A horse that can stay and put away half decent horses with ease over 2 miles has to have a big say.
    Also on Tout es permis at a wild price. Has some back form that gives him a chance imo.

Genuinely asking. Why is 2m-2m4f form considered so relevant in a 4m2f race? Surely 3m+ form is more relevant? Yet I hear the shorter distance being advanced all the time as the reason to back a horse in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Happy enough with my original selection Minella Times who I backed antepost.

Would be rude not to back Tout Est Permis at the crazy price of 125/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

All the bets have been placed from my household, all the fifty p's have been put on, and if one of them actually places it'll involve me withdrawing up to a tenner from my pocket rather than going through the withdrawal route from the bookies.

Me Mammy - Talkischeap 50/1 - She liked the name.
    Me brother - Cloth Cap 11/2 to win - He took a five second look at the Racing Post page and said, "The favourite!" I said, "To win?" He said, "Of course." 50p to win, bollocks to him if I'm putting a Euro down in total for him to pick the favourite. (I'll keep the Bet365 money back on e/w if he places because my brother is a poxy bastard.)
    Other bets
    Cabaret Queen - 100/1 about a 40p ew bet
    Acapella Bourgeouis - 33/1 about a 30p ew bet
    My "significant" bet
    Hogan's Height 50/1 a quid ew and another quid at 100/1

Both my brother and my Mammy are going to absolutely hose me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anyone having problems with money back on 365? I don't think I've used my full 125 yet, already told the household its covered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Offer finished at 12oc.

Advertisement