Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 Cannondale Flaschenhalter

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm 2 weeks and waiting since "arrived in the country" notification for a (non-cycling*) ali order.

*well a coffee grinder, so kinda!

That arrived in country notification is normally that it's actually in the netherlands or belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've used them a good bit in the past and it can be hit and miss. When they have stock and ship it I've had no issues but the odd time I've bought something and it either hasn't shipped and I've been refunded or they've part shipped and cancelled and refunded the rest. I've never lost money but both times they didn't bother telling me the order wasn't going to happen. I only noticed when I was refunded.
    Maybe drop them a line to confirm the stock really is there?
    I gave the Bikeinn chat a try to see if it was really in stock. My mind was made up after about 30 seconds of chatting.

I gave the link to the page (on their own site) of the item I was looking for, to which they said they need the item number. There is no number anywhere on the page so I used the exact item name copy pasted. They still said they needed a number, I copied a number from the web address.

Answer was "not in stock" in a computer says no type of way, even though they were talking about the wrong version. After this short exchange I said better off ordering elsewhere, will likely avoid in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Pirelli P Zero TLR from mantel to go on my zipp 303 s wheels. 28c.

Tried some Bontrager R3 TLR but not a hope of setting up tubeless on the hookless rims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I gave the Bikeinn chat a try to see if it was really in stock. My mind was made up after about 30 seconds of chatting.

I gave the link to the page (on their own site) of the item I was looking for, to which they said they need the item number. There is no number anywhere on the page so I used the exact item name copy pasted. They still said they needed a number, I copied a number from the web address.

Answer was "not in stock" in a computer says no type of way, even though they were talking about the wrong version. After this short exchange I said better off ordering elsewhere, will likely avoid in the future

I ordered from them yesterday, out of interest was it a Garmin 530 you were interested in just so I know what to expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I ordered a Garmin 530 from Depor Village earlier today and it is on the way.
    Another Spanish outfit but 2 out of 2 orders so far have been on the money

I ordered a Garmin 530 from Depor Village earlier today and it is on the way.
    Another Spanish outfit but 2 out of 2 orders so far have been on the money

I was getting nervous after hearing reviews even though I’ve ordered from run inn before. Mine has also shipped at the same price as Depor. Even got a photo of the package leaving and could check my postage address etc was correct (had issues with that before elsewhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

New bb for the gravel bike and a new headset for the race bike. A new bb adapter, headset press and quick link removal pliers, tool collection is coming on nicely.
    I'm going to tackle the headset myself, the famous Ai70 from canyon pre 2016. It was hard enough to get the spare parts but managed to get directly from acros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I ordered from them yesterday, out of interest was it a Garmin 530 you were interested in just so I know what to expect?
    No it was a GRX 812 rear derailleur, out of stock everywhere and I have been looking since Christmas. They were saying delivered next week so I was just a bit suspicious whether or not this was true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

My Siroko kit I ordered 2 days ago arrived today.
    The jacket looks impressively warm and the fit is good. The glasses feel comfortable and the photochromic function is better than the old ones they are replacing.
    Very impressed so far!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am waiting on padded shorts, the ones i have are only cheap ones and offer little comfort so any cycle over 50 minutes and I start suffering. Hopefully they will do the job and my legs give up before my nether regions!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Ordered myself some Chinese carbon wheels. So hopefully they 1. Are not pieces of **** and 2. Don’t take all year to arrive.

But the parts shortage is definitely real. Ordering chain, cassette, rotors etc. Really not a lot of stock going around.

Lezyne floor pump from alltricks
    My Joe Blow Sport died after 9 years
    The Lezyne has a fancy pants connector plus it is shiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

New 11sp cassette and chain for the 'good' bike. Went with CRC as they had them in stock and don't have to worry about shipping & customs nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked up a new bike today on the bike to work scheme...

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=152512

Ordered some clipless pedals and shoes today after spending the whole evening researching them :)

Went with shoes from Decathlon and a set of Shimano PD-ES600 SPD from bike 24.

Also waiting on a fairly extensive order from Decathlon, that seems to be taking forever...Tubes, shorts, 2 jerseys, phone mount....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

adrian522 wrote: »

Ordered some clipless pedals and shoes today after spending the whole evening researching them :)

Also waiting on a fairly extensive order from Decathlon, that seems to be taking forever...Tubes, shorts, 2 jerseys, phone mount....

Best of luck with the bike, mine is the same, just 2019! I recently ordered running tights from Decathlon, IIRC they took almost a month to arrive, as they're sent from France as opposed to Ballymun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That Decathlon package arrived this morning ! Now just waiting on shoes and pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheHouseIRL

In the final stretch of waiting for my new Ribble Endurance SL Disc bike, after a (fairly reasonable, all things considered) 3 month wait. It's made it through customs, so just waiting on the VAT and import duty bill.

Hoping the spins on my 16kg, hub geared, flat bar commuter have given me a decent base!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Ordered the following this morning from Bike24, all in stock and 4-7 days deliver:

Park Tool CN-10 Cable and Housing Cutter
    Jagwire Road Elite Sealed Brake - Braking Cable Set
    Jagwire Road & Mountain 2X Elite Sealed Shift Cable Set

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I bought a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites off a boardsie and he had them picked up by GLS last Monday.
    They're now sitting in the GLS parcel depot since Tuesday.
    It will probably be Tuesday at the earliest when I see them. I'm fed up on how slow they are taking to get something from Mayo. According to Google maps, I could have walked there and back and had a few days hols in the time it has taken the courier so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭cletus

It's not just couriers, though. An Post are the same. I know that packages have increased, but this is just a straight up error.

549180.jpg

It's the second time this has happened to me. First time my package was sent to Cork, before being sent back to Dublin, and then sent to me

My concerns over Bike Inn alleviated, Garmin 530 and some pedal plates arrived today safe and sound, would have been good to have the maps function the last few weeks while exploring the hills. I've been using an old Garmin 310xt watch as a head unit for years now but it finally died owing me nothing. Hopefully will find doing planned sessions a bit easier with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Squirt lube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

shoes covers from Galibier. peanut butter, tube and Topeak multitool with chain breaker from CRC

My concerns over Bike Inn alleviated, Garmin 530 and some pedal plates arrived today safe and sound, would have been good to have the maps function the last few weeks while exploring the hills. I've been using an old Garmin 310xt watch as a head unit for years now but it finally died owing me nothing. Hopefully will find doing planned sessions a bit easier with this.

Snap. Got mine yesterday. Took it for a test spin this morning. The odd start/stop button location will take a hell of a lot of getting used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Funny to see peanut butter considered cycling related :). I got 10kg of it yesterday from one of those protein sites.

I'm also waiting on 10 speed sram red stuff from my friendly neighbourhood supplier. It's hard to get a hold of now, so whatever he has that's fallen down the back of the couch to keep my ten-speed stable relevant. Have a Red wi-fli rear derailleur, a red 11:32 and a chain coming, all to go on my R5 to try and dilute the 39:53 gearing up front.

Peanut butter and coffee are definitely cycling related. Took deliver of a flair manual espresso maker yesterday, and i'm nearly though my new years supply of peanut butter.

Need to get a new Sram red rear derailleur myself for the 10 speed. Cant find one

Weepsie wrote: »
    Peanut butter and coffee are definitely cycling related. Took deliver of a flair manual espresso maker yesterday, and i'm nearly though my new years supply of peanut butter.

Need to get a new Sram red rear derailleur myself for the 10 speed. Cant find one

Bike 24 have them. https://www.bike24.com/p228913.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Luxman

Just about in the post....was down to 1 pair of bib shorts (had winter tights) but needed a second pair. My go to brand is getting some new stock in but there was no date available as to when so I started shopping around. Found a pair on discount on de Marchi (I wouldn't be paying full price). Anyway they didn't have my size, I queried the size chart and said a Large probably would be too big. They came back this morning after finding a Medium pair that was returned before and offered it to me at half price. :-)

• Advertisement

Should've precursed that with "in my price range. In fairness, I did get the bike with groupset on the bike for a super price brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭joey100

A Selle Italia SLR boost superflow saddle and a pair of Ultegra pedals for a new build. Wheels have been bought already earlier in the year. Frameset with integrated bar and stem should also be in the post in a week or so, just waiting on confirmation of a part that needed to be ordered in extra. I'll add that to this thread when it's actually in the post!

Now if shimano could just sort out their groupset production that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭saccades

Orange R9 frame set
    Bag of haribos

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Black Cloud

Rear light, bib shorts and jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

Aero handlebars for 60 quid for my 2020 defy advanced 2. More for comfort than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm 2 weeks and waiting since "arrived in the country" notification for a (non-cycling*) ali order.

*well a coffee grinder, so kinda!

I'm still waiting for those Shimano M315 shifters (since 1 April's "accepted by last mile carrier" notification). The FD-M313 front der from Bike24 (Germany - which was ordered after) has arrived.

I'll probably leave the house for 10 mins on Mon/Tues/Wed to drop a letter to the post box, and will miss the delivery LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭wijam

I'm on a Facebook page for Mallorca cycling, although only been out there a few times, but seen a couple had to close their bike shop, so selling their stuff online, https://mycyclecloset.com/shop, some decent gear although postage does have to be paid, ended up ordering

3 * Bandana's (it's a bald thing :))
    1 * Shimano Bib Shorts
    1 * Pearl Izumi Bib Shorts
    2 * Pearl Izumi gloves
    1 * Shimano RC7 Road Shoes
    2 * Shimano Shoe Covers

Think they are hoping to open up a shop later on in the year in Alcudia, so hope to pop my head in and say hello next Easter when I'm over as they are great to deal with

adrian522 wrote: »

Pedals arrived Monday, Shoes finally arrived today. Now all I need is the tools needed for changing pedals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

An electric bike. Taking its sweet time with road freight from Germany...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DaveyDave wrote: »
    An electric bike. Taking its sweet time with road freight from Germany...
    They can only do 25kmph so you have to accept it might take awhile to get from Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭joey100

Unplanned spend on a new rear di2 derailleur. Older one just gave up. Diagnostics have been ran and it doesn't even register on the system so it's truly dead. Bit of a pain, had been looking at putting dura ace on the new frame but with the cost of replacing ultegra being high enough I don't think I could spend the additional on dura ace if a part broke. I've had few bikes with di2 over the last 7 years and this is the first replacement part I have had to buy so can't complain too much.

Then to treat myself for the unexpected spend I spent more money. And for something bit different I got one of these, https://www.albioncycling.com/product/burner-black/ , a fancy alternative to newspaper. I start a lot of my spins early in the morning and can be cold setting out but after an hour or two it warms up and I'm roasting, I run a bit hot anyway. Hoping this will help with that, folds up nice and small and will keep the wind off early in the morning without being bulky or needing extra space to store when I heat up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Finally after months of deliberation, and deciding, then changing my mind, procrastinating, and then more procrastination, I finally pulled the trigger on three pairs of Galibier Mistral Bibshorts.
    That must surely mean that summer is just around the corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

CramCycle wrote: »
    They can only do 25kmph so you have to accept it might take awhile to get from Germany

Good point, I'll be patient so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭cletus

While not in the post, my topeak mid-loader frame bag is a few steps closer, thanks to Weepsie, who was, by all accounts, a pleasure to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Fulcrum Wind 40c Carbon Wheelset! You can never have too many wheels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭fat bloke

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Fulcrum Wind 40c Carbon Wheelset! You can never have too many wheels!

Where from? Muchos bargainous? :)

I got a pair of shorts and mitts from Galibier.cc for the first time. I've been admiring their gear online for ages and went to buy a number of times and either got confused with their range and hierarchy of shorts or they were out of stock in my size or something. This time I went to buy their energie bibs, but they were out of Mediums. I emailed them to recommend their best alternative and they said their slightly dearer equipes were the job and offered me free socks as a salve. The all arrived yesterday. Beautifully packaged and presented I must say, very impressed. Just have to test them out now and subject them to my feet, hands and a$$, respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

joey100 wrote: »
    Unplanned spend on a new rear di2 derailleur. Older one just gave up. Diagnostics have been ran and it doesn't even register on the system so it's truly dead. Bit of a pain, had been looking at putting dura ace on the new frame but with the cost of replacing ultegra being high enough I don't think I could spend the additional on dura ace if a part broke. I've had few bikes with di2 over the last 7 years and this is the first replacement part I have had to buy so can't complain too much.

Then to treat myself for the unexpected spend I spent more money. And for something bit different I got one of these, https://www.albioncycling.com/product/burner-black/ , a fancy alternative to newspaper. I start a lot of my spins early in the morning and can be cold setting out but after an hour or two it warms up and I'm roasting, I run a bit hot anyway. Hoping this will help with that, folds up nice and small and will keep the wind off early in the morning without being bulky or needing extra space to store when I heat up.

Need to keep out of this thread - purchased the burner too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Couldn't find a new cassette for love or money. So decided to take a punt on one from AliExpress. Shimano, not Chinese own brand. Arrived today 3 weeks later. Not in proper packaging but looks legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

byrnem31 wrote: »
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

Aero handlebars for 60 quid for my 2020 defy advanced 2. More for comfort than anything else.

How you finding this?

I stuck one on a new build, have only done 100km on it but not liking it. Don't hate it but don't like it, I'll give it another few hundred km before making up my mind, but so far,

Probably me being stupid but no way to have the top cap aero (as per its design) without going against my frame instructions which are to leave 3mm or so on top of the stem.... Having an aero install would require cutting below the top of the stem (this is probably just a general issue, not specific to these?),

No spacers supplied and none available to purchase, I'm planning to keep a little bit of space under the stem, it's be nice to have the top cap style as a spacer underneath,

It's heavy (I knew that) but disproportionately so to rest of bike and bars are dying to swing to the sides all the time (when stationary!),

In the hoods it's same as any other bar, but not keen on the drops, don't like the feel of having hands on the top at all, I've big hands but don't feel overly confident holding on with one hand while reaching into Jersey pocket for stuff etc... (I'm not a nervous type and have never noticed this before),

The internal routing is fairly pointless for the way I've set it up anyway and I can feel the cables under the bar as they are lose /not wrapped at the point they go from the stem area into the entry recess in the bar....

Anyway, that all sounds more negative than it is, they are OK I suppose.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

A copy of Training + Racing with a power meter

Bib shorts and a cap, socks, jersey from Victory Chimp

Also in the market for new wheels

As an aside I need to find a way to get cycling related products delivered without my missus seeing or at this rate I will be divorced :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement