Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭deezell

Good news on voucher legislation, Ryanair no longer able to dishonour vouchers where recipient name is different than their legal name. So Robert can use a voucher made out to Bob, (or Robbo, or Killer or Bobkins or any other nickname). Here's the reply from Heather Humphrey's secretary.

481352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If you pay priority boarding, is it still necessary to pay for seat selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Gael23 wrote: »

Only to check in earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 28,825 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gael23 wrote: »
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

hi all
    so we booked flights to salou on the 20/6/18 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We got the family plus setup and paid for our seats. We received an email from ryanair confirming all seats booked etc.
    Went to check in there for our flights on tues 11th june and the online check in is telling me to select seats? of course the only seats left together are the extra leg room seats at the emergency exit (which i cant book because of the kids) and the premium seats.
    now the flight times were changed maybe 5 times since june of last year so im wondering have my reserved seats been lost in the flight changes, or do we just have to wait until 2 days before to check in and receive the origional seats we booked.
    ive tried contacting the online chat but thats not going anywhere.
    any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

If the flights get changed, all seat selections are lost and you have to rebook them.

At this stage all you can do is wait until the 48 hour window opens and get seats then.

If the flights get changed, all seat selections are lost and you have to rebook them.

At this stage all you can do is wait until the 48 hour window opens and get seats then.

you have to be joking?!! we paid extra at the time to book those seats. Its through no fault of our own that they changed the dates..............

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Surely Ryanair do not lose paid for services? The flight time has changed not the flight or the aircraft

Surely Ryanair do not lose paid for services? The flight time has changed not the flight or the aircraft

my thoughts exactly. i bought a service off them, i expect that service to be honoured. I mean they've changed the flights 5 times, surely i cant be expected to book my seats every time?

It happened to me where they gave away my reserved seat due to a schedule change. I had to go back in and select a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

tom1ie wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly. i bought a service off them, i expect that service to be honoured. I mean they've changed the flights 5 times, surely i cant be expected to book my seats every time?

The email telling you the flights were changed should have told you to rebook your seats. Did it?

The email telling you the flights were changed should have told you to rebook your seats. Did it?

ok, so i checked the emails (there's 3 of them not 5) there and it says:

"Important: If you have already checked in online you will need to check in again and reprint the boarding passes."

so we reserved seats we didn't check in.

You should have checked. I never take anything for granted with Ryanair.

You will have to go onto the chat and get them to sort it out. They should do once they see you have paid.

You should have checked. I never take anything for granted with Ryanair.

You will have to go onto the chat and get them to sort it out. They should do once they see you have paid.
    yeah fair enough, but just another point id like to make, i rang up ryanair after the second flight time change to complain and i asked the girl on the phone was everything the same, ie the seat bookings and suitcase allowance etc she said yes. unfortunately i have no record of this.
    Also i presume my suitcase allowance is still there, so why cant my reserved seats be there?
    very bad management on ryanairs behalf.

yeah fair enough, but just another point id like to make, i rang up ryanair after the second flight time change to complain and i asked the girl on the phone was everything the same, ie the seat bookings and suitcase allowance etc she said yes. unfortunately i have no record of this.
    Also i presume my suitcase allowance is still there, so why cant my reserved seats be there?
    very bad management on ryanairs behalf.

I wouldn't presume anything.

I wouldn't presume anything.

so im looking at this costing an extra 120 euro to get reserved seating which i need as i'm travelling with the kids (which ive already paid for) and the only seats left that will allow us to sit together are the premium seats!
    this sounds like a bit of a ploy to get as much money as they can from passengers. Its also a complete balls up on their part.

Why pay them more? Just get onto chat and make them sort it out.

Why pay them more? Just get onto chat and make them sort it out.

yeah exactly. thats what ill be doing tomorrow. Tried to do that this evening but no one answered the webchat service during their opening hours. Could have been the bank holidays fault though!

If anyone can ruin your holiday before you even depart, it's Ryanair. Definitely don't wait until 48 hours. Do you have the original seat numbers you booked? Assume these are yours. Webchat and declare this assumption, or else you want your new contiguous numbers, as you have not yet been informed of them. Take the upper hand, like your are not entertaining the idea that they've given all the standard seats away. You'll have a record of the chat to back up any future arbitration. Ultimately, they will have to put random seat bookings in the premium if not sold and the flight is full. Theres a (slim) chance that your seats are among the reserved standard seats you can't select, they can't sell on all the standard seats if they have pre-paid obligations, just to force you to upgrade. It's horrible though, the feeling of being treated like rubbish, and paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

I don’t see the big problem, they only changed the time of the flight, not the actual bookings in it, everything on your booking is as normal, plus you say you paid for your seats/priority etc, if thats true you don’t have to wait until 48hrs before the flight, you can do it anytime from 30 days before the flight. Check in, check to see if it’s the seats you paid for, if not, go onto the web chat, give your reference number and they’ll sort it, it’s not near as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    I don’t see the big problem, they only changed the time of the flight, not the actual bookings in it, everything on your booking is as normal, plus you say you paid for your seats/priority etc, if thats true you don’t have to wait until 48hrs before the flight, you can do it anytime from 30 days before the flight. Check in, check to see if it’s the seats you paid for, if not, go onto the web chat, give your reference number and they’ll sort it, it’s not near as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Why don't you read the post? They did try to check in and the seats aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Why don't you read the post? They did try to check in and the seats aren't there.

No it’s not, his/her seats are highlighted that they’ve been given, it’s asking to select more expensive/premium seats, just skip it and you’re done

No it’s not, his/her seats are highlighted that they’ve been given, it’s asking to select more expensive/premium seats, just skip it and you’re done

its saying we have to select seats. But i have already booked seats which i have an e mail proving from 20/6/18. The seats i booked are shown as not available on the seat selector. That either means there is some computer error thats not recognising me as the "owner" of those seats, or (more likely) when they changed the flight they disregarded my reserved seats and put them back into general population. Either way ill be looking for those seats back or the premium seats as they are the only ones left where we can all be together.

also, i cant select my seats that ive booked when i go to check in. i tried to get in contact with the web chat this evening during their posted opening hours, but no dice. No one bothered replying. Ill keep you all updated tomorrow.

also, i cant select my seats that ive booked when i go to check in. i tried to get in contact with the web chat this evening during their posted opening hours, but no dice. No one bothered replying. Ill keep you all updated tomorrow.

Ok so it looks like a happy ending. I got onto them this morning and explained the situation. The guy got on to his supervisor and ten mins later we are sorted with seats all sitting together in the premium section no less. Didn't have to pay anything for this. The original seats were not premium.
    Fair play to Ryanair on this one and thanks for all the advice and comments guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭joeysoap

The least they could do after all the stress they put you through.

Pretty obvious those seats were ‘unsellable’ ( because of the price) and were going to allocated to late checkers in, same as AL at the airport desks. You can and often do get the front seats as all the others are allocated on web checkin.

Indeed. I just always play Ryanair Roulette when checking in. Just wait for the last possible moment to check in and get the good seats for free.

Indeed. I just always play Ryanair Roulette when checking in. Just wait for the last possible moment to check in and get the good seats for free.

That’s fine if your traveling with other adults or by yourself but when you bring young kids into the equation you really have to all sit together.

Ryanair stiffing the poor Brits when they buy their flights outside the UK with a UK card. They automatically change the Euro ( or other) price to Sterling at an appalling rate. Even UK Revolut owners who have the Euros in their account are being identified as UK and charged in £ at RRR ( Ryanair Ripoff Rate).
    https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06/ryanair-customers-paying-extra-with-rip-off-exchange-rates/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

deezell wrote: »
    Ryanair stiffing the poor Brits when they buy their flights outside the UK with a UK card. They automatically change the Euro ( or other) price to Sterling at an appalling rate. Even UK Revolut owners who have the Euros in their account are being identified as UK and charged in £ at RRR ( Ryanair Ripoff Rate).
    https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06/ryanair-customers-paying-extra-with-rip-off-exchange-rates/

I cant believe Ryanair are still getting away with that.

Advertisement