17-02-2021, 22:20   #886
seefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock 64 View Post
You're going to have to hook up the new box,they disabled my old one and had to set up the new one that same day.Wouldnt work and kept getting error message.
They can feck off. New contract doesnt start until 18th March and had a few series recorded on the old box. Ill contact them tomorrow. Id told girl on phone that didnt want it to start until old contract ended..At least know what happen. Thanks
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-02-2021, 10:03   #887
seefin

Is the tv guide on the 360 box more user friendly and readable than on horizon box ? I used use old sky box to check tv guide to see if anything wanted to record as the horizon guide was so unser unfriendly. No matter where set the increments( eg 90minutes) couldnt easily see what was on that evening.
19-02-2021, 14:31   #888
Lisathecat

I upgraded from the Horizon to the 360 box as I was out of contract- got a great deal 9 months half price, then 94 per month after that (mix tv, 250 MB broadband and phone) as I threatened to go to sky.
Have to say the 360 experience is a million times better than the horizon. The voice control is quick, the picture is better and replay tv for 7 days on loads of channels. It's way better and would recommend the upgrade from a horizon set up, especially as the virgin broadband for me is reliable and fast, and I was unsure about sky's broadband.
(3) thanks from:
19-02-2021, 14:33   #889
Lisathecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefin View Post
Is the tv guide on the 360 box more user friendly and readable than on horizon box ? I used use old sky box to check tv guide to see if anything wanted to record as the horizon guide was so unser unfriendly. No matter where set the increments( eg 90minutes) couldnt easily see what was on that evening.
Yes very much so.
(2) thanks from:
24-02-2021, 16:24   #890
Kurn

I've noticed Sky Comedy which is not included in my plan now lets me watch replay. So If I try to watch it live it says "we are setting things up and this channel will be available soon" but I can go to any program aired previously and watch that! Anyone else have this. And my Discovery HD channel now works!
Advertisement
01-03-2021, 13:09   #891
ohnonotgmail

what is the new modem like with tv360? can i plug a separate router into it?
01-03-2021, 14:20   #892
Wabbit Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurn View Post
I've noticed Sky Comedy which is not included in my plan now lets me watch replay. So If I try to watch it live it says "we are setting things up and this channel will be available soon" but I can go to any program aired previously and watch that! Anyone else have this. And my Discovery HD channel now works!
Sky Comedy works fine for me.
03-03-2021, 11:50   #893
eoinf

Can anyone confirm if the multiroom box operates over Wi-Fi or if it needs to be hard wired to the coaxial cable.

I don't have a coaxial cable in the second location nor do i want to run a cable to this room.

Can it operate "wireless"?

I obviously know it needs power and HDMI so not truly wireless but wireless to receive the TV signal
03-03-2021, 12:27   #894
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoinf View Post
Can anyone confirm if the multiroom box operates over Wi-Fi or if it needs to be hard wired to the coaxial cable.

I don't have a coaxial cable in the second location nor do i want to run a cable to this room.

Can it operate "wireless"?

I obviously know it needs power and HDMI so not truly wireless but wireless to receive the TV signal
Answers to questions here are scarce, as far as I know to watch live TV the box must be connected via co-ax. The wirelessly connected box can watch recordings on the co-ax connected box.
Advertisement
03-03-2021, 13:01   #895
Delta2113

On Demand and your recordings will work fine - you just won't have any Live Tv.

You could start a recording on your main box and within seconds start watching it on your multiroom box as a work around so to speak.
03-03-2021, 15:03   #896
eoinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta2113 View Post
On Demand and your recordings will work fine - you just won't have any Live Tv.

You could start a recording on your main box and within seconds start watching it on your multiroom box as a work around so to speak.
Thanks not really asolution.

Sky is fully wireless. I will go with that.
Thanks from:
03-03-2021, 15:54   #897
Kurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit Ears View Post
Sky Comedy works fine for me.
It's not in the basic plan. I'm not supposed to have it, just thought it was odd I can watch it if I got back an hour - that's all.
03-03-2021, 18:29   #898
timfinnegan

Does anyone have an email address for Virgin Media?

i have sent an email to cancel@virginmedia.ie, but it only sends automated responses. The Company has their own inhouse complaints form, but I would rather a solid chain of evidence of correspondence sent, as I could see my case going to court. I received eamils from them regarding bills not paid, but can't rep;y to these addresses.

I cancelled my Virgin TV on the 28th December 2020 and received an automated response stating that I would be charged uo to the 28th January, but they have billed me for February and March. I cancelled all my Virgin media services on the 3rd February and their Co took away the Horizon box and modem on the 1st March, but they have charged me for a TV sub and broadband for the whole of March, even though their Company took away the hardware equipment.

I find their customer service team to be appalling. I rang a couple of times and was waiting over 40 minutes to speak to people in broken English, who were unable to answer my cancellation issues. Their whatsapp service is even worse, so this is why I'd like an email address. I've cancelled my Direct Debits to them and they are charging me late payment fees for a service I'm not getting

Last edited by timfinnegan; 03-03-2021 at 19:52.
03-03-2021, 18:50   #899
Crunchienut

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfinnegan View Post
Does anyone have an email address for Virgin Media?
I had an issue recently and was using customer.support@virginmedia.ie
03-03-2021, 19:44   #900
timfinnegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchienut View Post
I had an issue recently and was using customer.support@virginmedia.ie
Brilliant thanks for that
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline