Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

or split a half each each week be better maybe

thats you off the hook then for another few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

You can do a revolving keeper, if we dont have a patsy. 6 players + 60 min game = 10 mins in goal each.

Expect a cross between Mignolet and Massimo Taibi, and that's being extremely generous :D

see that Serbian in nets last night?

well that's me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Have you a link to this or something?

Not a bad idea at all.

Go to astro dot ie then after you register click on Small sided and then join league 6 a side.
    There's one in Benildas on a Thursday that seems to be suited to us all south side.

Change keeper every goal is way to do it I'd say. Unless we had a gk in our ranks??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Go to astro dot ie then after you register click on Small sided and then join league 6 a side.
    There's one in Benildas on a Thursday that seems to be suited to us all south side.

Change keeper every goal is way to do it I'd say. Unless we had a gk in our ranks??

I'd be up for that or social game not a goalkeeper unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I play with the boards team, season is finished now unfortunately so id be up for a game anywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

allybhoy wrote: »
    I play with the boards team, season is finished now unfortunately so id be up for a game anywhere really.

Nice one!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy

That astro.ie website is a bit of a pain in the ass. You need 3 'managers' registered - names, email, phone. You also need to pay up to a third up front, which could be tricky.

There's a new astro turf pitch in Loreto Park in Rathfarnam - €50 per session. Any use?

€5 each and 12 people leaves a few beans to buy balls and bibs.

UCD have pitches for €60, I'll have to ring to check what kind of availability they have.

That astro.ie website is a bit of a pain in the ass. You need 3 'managers' registered - names, email, phone. You also need to pay up to a third up front, which could be tricky.

There's a new astro turf pitch in Loreto Park in Rathfarnam - €50 per session. Any use?

€5 each and 12 people leaves a few beans to buy balls and bibs.

UCD have pitches for €60, I'll have to ring to check what kind of availability they have.

If we organise something this week or next in Rathfarnam or ucd then could see if lads fancy registering for the Astro.ie league. I'd be happy paying third up front, least lads are more likely to show up and it keeps it interesting

Just woukd worry about our numbers at getting lads down for game between ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Out of shape and without talent. But I'm a decent keeper. Put me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

I don't mean insult me. Put my name down

Singer73 wrote: »
    I don't mean insult me. Put my name down

lol

Singer73 wrote: »
    Out of shape and without talent. But I'm a decent keeper. Put me down.

Good man!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73

If we organise something this week or next in Rathfarnam or ucd then could see if lads fancy registering for the Astro.ie league. I'd be happy paying third up front, least lads are more likely to show up and it keeps it interesting

You will be a manager so! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Happy to pay up front too.

Think it's the best way to ensure continuous interest/attendance.

:)

No problem paying up front either

i fancy the competitive game over friendlies

no problem paying up front

I am also registered already with atro.ie as a manager so you can throw me down

guile4582 wrote: »
    i fancy the competitive game over friendlies

no problem paying up front

I am also registered already with atro.ie as a manager so you can throw me down

That's great, happy to be manager as well. So that's three of us. Just need the rest of the lads to confirm and we can arrange something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

think one friendly first be good idea, rathfarnham is fine for me, I do good bit of defending, be fit enough stamina wise.

manafana wrote: »
    think one friendly first be good idea, rathfarnham is fine for me, I do good bit of defending, be fit enough stamina wise.

Yeah agree with that a friendly first be good to have before joining a league

• Advertisement

agree..

anywhere for a friendly will do to get this all kicked off

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

Hi guys, i would be up for joining if you still got space there, i ve seen your are discussing Dundrum which is perfect.

if you got space, count me in, i am moderate fitness and can play in defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Alright Lads, I see from your posts you are looking for a friendly? When you get your team set up and a few games under your belt would you be interested in arranging an 11 a side game with my group?

I organised a game earlier in the year against another Boards group and was great craic. We booked the all weather pitch in Peamount and played the full 90 mins.... Our group dont play for a team, we are just a group of mates really

Let me know if you're interested once you get the numbers

Alright Lads, I see from your posts you are looking for a friendly? When you get your team set up and a few games under your belt would you be interested in arranging an 11 a side game with my group?

I organised a game earlier in the year against another Boards group and was great craic. We booked the all weather pitch in Peamount and played the full 90 mins.... Our group dont play for a team, we are just a group of mates really

Let me know if you're interested once you get the numbers

That'd be good craic alright. Hopefully we get consistent numbers for these games so we can have 11, and a few subs, to take ye on in a friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you are looking for players, i'm available - in the area and usually free Tues/Thurs.

Will leave my name here anyway and keep an eye out if you need me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Colemania wrote: »
    That'd be good craic alright. Hopefully we get consistent numbers for these games so we can have 11, and a few subs, to take ye on in a friendly

Yes it was a good laugh when we played against the other group, nothing dirty in it just a kick about. We obviously had no ref but we agreed on fouls, offside's etc.

If you get your game organised and build up the fitness & that give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Enough for a five aside now and a squad of ten is probably perfect for a six a side league.

:)

Pter wrote: »
    If you are looking for players, i'm available - in the area and usually free Tues/Thurs.

Will leave my name here anyway and keep an eye out if you need me :)

Good man

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73
    10. Pter

Greg12345 wrote: »
    Hi guys, i would be up for joining if you still got space there, i ve seen your are discussing Dundrum which is perfect.

if you got space, count me in, i am moderate fitness and can play in defense.

Nice one!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73
    10. Pter
    11. Greg12345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

If you need players on a mon, tues or weds Im usually available to play. Cant make Thurdays unfortunately.

Advertisement